When you came outside one day. And your eyes were at their fullest.
And soon after they left. The light was soon gone as fast as it came.
But then it came back. I didn't know if I could handle it. You leaving
The coming back to me when you knew I really needed you.
You just can’t leave like that and leave me in shreds.
You can’t But you do.
Because when you leave my mind leaves and when you enter the world’s sky, my mind is free.
You know I’m talking about the sun,right? Did you actually think that I was talking about a real breathing sack of flesh and blood? Of Course not.Why would you think that if I have no friends and hardly any family? I have no clue.Well that’s besides the point.
Not like I actually need real people.I have air,water,food,and mother nature, of course. What is considered vital to human living is insane. Just think about it.Be cause honestly,I don’t need those things to live in a at least decent manner without acting like a complete wild animal. Father told me to fetch some things for the day but of course I didn’t listen. So I’m heading down to Creek.The Creek is basically an Eden. But the creek isn’t a creek. Hilarious, right? Now imagine every terrible thing or event in the world. Like poaching Giraffes or murder. And fortunately the Creek has none of these. It has what every tourist wants in Minnesota. Green, green, green, and guess what, more green. It’s almost scary to imagine that poison ivy could be anywhere and you wouldn’t be able to tell until too late. It’s always kinda cold but that’s besides the point. The creek was glowing like an enchanted dream. I crossed over a huge pit of moss and let my book bag fall to...
... middle of paper ...
... idea of the sky. The sky is always going to be the same, one way or another and the sunflowers are always going to grow a little higher in another society. How nice, right? My brown hair flopped a little as I laided back and watch the sky change a thousand colors. My bookbag eventually told me to go home and reassure my parents that I wasn’t kidnapped and brutally murdered within the last hour. “Goodbye,Priscilla” Yeah, I named the sun Priscilla. Deal with it. But as I collected my things and my back got darker, my mind kinda let loose. I thought about Food, Books, pugs, war elephants,Clouds, Dragon flies, Cleopatra and her leadership, and I wonder what this has to do with happiness as I left the Creek and let my mind close.I also let a whole other open. The moon,Salomon, and Sophia,the Stars, say Kalespera. And my name is Clay, and yes, I am male.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When it is summertime and I go on a run, my parents say, “Make sure you wear a light shirt!” Once, I asked why, and they said it was because the light colors don’t absorb as much heat, so I wouldn’t be as hot. The opposite was for cold weather. When I had to go outside for a while in the cold, I made sure to wear a black or dark top, because then it would absorb more heat and keep me warmer. I have always been curious about how this works, and if it works, for that matter (Parents can be wrong, you know).... [tags: Science]
2025 words (5.8 pages)
- ... The atmosphere is thicker when its closer to the earth but when its escalating to the space it starts getting thinner. Light travels in a straight line until something destroys it or it bumps into something like the gas molecule or even a little bit of dust,and what will happen after depends on the wavelength of the colors or the size of the element being hit,when it hits a big particle then it will bounce all around, reflect all into different directions,but hitting a small particle is much different some of it gets absorbed,it radiates in many different directions.... [tags: sunlight, prism, rainbow]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- As I lay on the minute golden grains of sand, I looked up at the brilliant sky, adorned with flashes of pink and orange and purple, mirroring the colours of a flawless seasoned apricot. The goddess-like sun’s face is being embraced by the demure navy fingertips of the skyline. The dull light of the sun somehow manages to kindle my senses in a way I had never seen or felt before. Everything felt like it came to a standstill and the effect of the light made the scene look like one in a painting. The waves break gently into white foam on the black beach.... [tags: Sun, Light, Sky, Sunrise]
1183 words (3.4 pages)
- A rainbow is one of the most amazing things that can be seen in the sky. However, many people do not know how rainbows are formed. For a start, I will start by explaining how rainbows are formed. A rainbow occurs as a result of refraction and dispersion of white light, as it passes through a prism. Since a prism has two indexes, their difference causes light to diverge in different angles as it comes out of the prism. This splits the white color into many components, which are different colors. Since a raindrop contains two refractive indexes, it produces the different colors when hit by sunrays.... [tags: Light, Prism, Refraction]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- ... These pulses of light from the actions done onto the remote are sent into the air until they reach the systems box and then changing the channel. Now is the point of the diagram where our wavelength begins to get a little short and our frequency starts to get a whole lot higher. First is the visible light waves which are wavelengths that are visible to the human eye. These waves have a wavelength of 700 nanometers and a frequency set between 1 billion to 3 billion waves per second. Examples on what can emit visible light would be light bulbs, fireflies, and stars.... [tags: Electromagnetic radiation, Light]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- The reason the moon appears to change color is due to the reflection of visible light coming from the sun. Because the moon has no light of its own it relies on the reflected light of the sun to create moonlight and change color. The reflection of light coming from the sun cause’s the moon to appear as if it is changing color because as the sun’s light rays travel through the earth’s atmosphere the moon catches light from the sun and reflects it down to earth. As the moon reflects the sun’s light rays down to earth, those rays of light travel through the earth’s atmosphere in the form of different wavelengths which then produce different colors of visible light.... [tags: visible light, reflection, color, rays]
515 words (1.5 pages)
- Use of Light and Darkness in Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness contrasts light and darkness, to represent the civilized and uncivilized sides of the world. Conrad uses light to represent the civilized side of humanity while contrasting the dark with the uncivilized and savage. Throughout the thematic stages of the novel, that is the Thames river London, the company's office in Belgium, the journey to the "heart of darkness" and the conclusion, light and dark is used to represent these sides of humanity, but on a deeper level many assumptions of darkness and light are challenged, with the appearance of light and dark, and in turn good and evil contras... [tags: Heart Darkness essays Joseph Conrad ]
1493 words (4.3 pages)
- The firefly is sometimes referred to as a “lightening bug.” There are about 2,000 firefly species; for the most part they live in warm but humid environments. Fireflies are neither flies nor bugs; they are actually part of the beetle family. Fireflies are from the Animalia kingdom, and are of the Lampyridae family. Fireflies hibernate over winter by burrowing underground, under water or settle under the bark of a tree some can live for several years by hibernating as larva during the winter. Most everyone knows how the fireflies got their name; the firefly produces light through a bioluminescence chemical reaction that allows them to glow however, fireflies in the western Untied States lack... [tags: firefly, lightening bug, cold light]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Fierce rays from the sun shine down on my skin, evaporating the compact drops of sweat on my chest back into the atmosphere as I stand atop Austria’s highest peak. Every direction I look I can again see the vibrant colors of nature, the serenity and calmness of the wilderness, the small blobs of snow still stuck in the mountains that make up the land and the endless blue that reaches for the horizon. Small bodies of glasslike water, falling between peaks, look as if no human has ever broken their surface.... [tags: engine, racing]
1409 words (4 pages)
- When we look up into the sky, what do we see. During the day, we often will find the sun. The sun is much more than a ball of fire that we see in our daily lives. The sun gives earth life, from the condition of the season of the life that is produced. Overall, when we think of the sun we think of heat and light, but one might question; how does the sun produce the heat and light that is necessary for the earth to sustain life. The sun is also known as a star, just like the stars we see at night that illuminate the night sky.... [tags: Sun, Light, Heat, Energy, Fire, Power]
1481 words (4.2 pages)