Developed by Klaus Teuber, The Settlers of Catan was published in 1995, becoming one of the biggest board games to originate from Europe. The game is designed for 3-4 players but the 5-6 player expansion can be purchased separately. It is important to note that 2 players can easily play with a little ingenuity and creativity.
The concept of the game is actually quite simple. The island of Catan is unsettled and contains five major resources which are produced on their correspond...
... middle of paper ...
...expansion pack uses most of the base game but also supplies new playing pieces and objectives such as working together to fend off the barbarians. Granted, you are paying more money for a new experience, but you are also getting more play out of your original investment. If you enjoy the base game, $30 is well worth the extra cost for a brand new exciting game the keeps you coming back, just like the first.
Although the price is a little outrageous, The Settlers of Catan provides countless hours of entertainment which surely outweighs costs. The unique, random, and exhilarating gameplay keeps you and everyone else wanting more. The Settlers of Catan is more than just a board game; it’s a game that will change your view on what a board game should be. The Settlers of Catan is an adventure—an adventure you can take with your family and friends, over and over again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The three-strikes law continues to arouse controversial issues in the United States. In Oklahoma, the three-strikes law is on the path of reformation. The three-strikes law states that offenders third drug-related conviction results in a life sentence (Oklahoman Editorial Board 2015). The article, “Oklahoma three-strikes law an example of why more corrections reform is needed” discusses the financial benefits and of reforming this certain law and the increase discretion given to judges (Oklahoman Editorial Board 2015).... [tags: Criminal law, Crime, Three strikes law, Sentence]
1337 words (3.8 pages)
- Hazard Management CRM is a creative arrangement which is being adjusted by the business and developments dependably accompanies a danger and at some point not distinguishing the danger might lead the ventures in a disappointment state. We might open our self to hazard when CRM is conveyed in our association and danger is a part of any venture in an undertaking. We have to assess the danger considering the truth it might either be the likelihood and it can be event and both of these substances should be tended to with most extreme consideration.... [tags: Risk, Hazard, The Ventures, Uncertainty]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Humanitarian relief operations usually happened after natural disasters or man-made disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, landslides and wars. To make the humanitarian relief operations prompt and efficient, human relief sector must plan the operations based on logistics activities which can meet the needs of the humanitarian relief operations. This essay is going to start with a brief description of the Korean War, and then discusses the importance of two logistics activities which are victim service as know as customer service in logistics term and facility location decisions to the humanitarian relief operation of the Korean War.... [tags: Humanitarian Relief]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Collapse of medieval social structure paved the way for the policies which majorly concentrated on the upliftment of poor. This resulted in the poor relief act for the betterment of the underprivileged people of the society. During 1547 beggars were grouped as ‘V’ and were forced to slavery for two years. The law of 1572 continued this approach stating that beggars should be punished and for a third offence should be given death penalty. The only help for poor people was through private charity.... [tags: poor relief act]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- This story is about a boy, Strider Wolf, who strives to find his footing after abuse by those he trusted. Strider lived in Maine with his mother at first. But his mother’s boyfriend locked him in a shed and pummeled him when Strider was only two years old. Strider had three surgeries in four days to repair his torn intestine and other damage. And the doctor said his hurts were serious as people who suffered from high-speed accident. After Strider has been abused, he was sent to live with his grandparents.... [tags: Family, Grandparent, Mother, Parent]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Lost, bewildered, I looked up to my teachers for an explanation, “We’re sorry you didn’t qualify”. It was the time three years back when these words made me question my abilities. I didn’t qualify. Why. Was there something wrong with me. Or was it just because I was a female. Being a young girl in an old city and conservative society of Mardan in KPK (province of Pakistan), I had a dream to be the head prefect of my school, a very competitive post and more so because no girl had ever attained that position.... [tags: Female, Gender, Male, Girl]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- My mother gave me the name Gilgamesh at birth. I was born two-thirds god and one-third human. The strength, knowledge, and beauty gave me rights to have power, like a wild bull, whose head was raised over others and no rival was able to strike a weapon against me. Before the events in this story, I was very arrogant person. I saw everything and accomplished all things. I had wisdom and knowledge of all people. I uncovered the secret and brought back “information of the time before the flood” (p.59, line 5).... [tags: Epic of Gilgamesh, Cedar Forest, Enkidu, Humbaba]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- When a firm wants to take on long term debt, there are two main sources that it might consider. It can certainly borrow from its bank and obtain a loan in the traditional way, by signing a loan agreement or promissory note. It can also borrow directly from the market by issuing bonds. So, let 's take a look at what bonds are and some of their main features and characteristics. At its simplest, a bond is a financial instrument, issued by the firm the represents its intentions to borrow for the long term and its promise to repay.... [tags: Bond, Bonds, Debt, Finance]
1846 words (5.3 pages)
- Suicide Note Analysis In 1987, Janice Mirikitani wrote and published a poem titled Suicide Note. The speaker of the poem, a female, Asian American college student who commits suicide after receiving slightly-less-than-perfect grades, gives repeated apologies to her parents and tells them exactly how she feels in a suicide note - one most probably addressed to them. In the poem, Mirikitani conveys a sad and somber mood while implementing an extended metaphor to compare the speaker to a bird. “How many notes written…” (Mirikitani 1-2).... [tags: Suicide, Suicide note, Suicide methods]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- The Short and Long Term Effects of the Hunger-Strikes in Northern Ireland The hunger-strikes of 1980 and 1981 had highly significant consequences for Northern Ireland nationally and internationally. While at first they polarised the community, they eventually led to the beginnings of peace in Northern Ireland. Soon after Direct Rule was introduced in Northern Ireland in March 1972 Westminster created a new department, the Northern Ireland Office, which had responsibility for Irelandwhile "a cross-community successor to the Stormont system was devised".... [tags: Papers]
2256 words (6.4 pages)