ShopKo is a purchasing agency that acts on behalf of buyers and sellers to distribute particular commercial production such as baby formula, health care products, luxury etc. local and international. Since the difference of sales price national, and the limitation of some specified products in some districts, ShopKo is gaining more costumers’ favor. Owing a mass of buyers and enjoying consumer loyalty in different countries is the strength of ShopKo. However, some potential crises are forcing ShopKo to seek and adopt new channels to improve efficiency under the microenvironment and massive potential crises.
ShopKo’s potential crises were mainly caused by the ineffective and inefficient communication with its customers and staffs. Because of geographical differences, management in ShopKo is difficult to bring into effect. Additionally, the non-contractual relationship with customers makes ShopKo’s operation difficult.
This report is of enormous importance to the senior managers in the ShopKo as well as the competitors alike in the purchasing industry. The purpose of this report is to examine ShopKo’s current situation, outline potential crises, and recommend a series of possible course of actions to improve such potential crises. The argument presented in this report is how an efficient communication can be used to improve ShopKo and what types of efficient communication is beneficial to improve the status quo.
Overview of Problems
The U.S President Abraham Lincoln stated, “Public sentiment is everything, without it one is nothing and with it one is everything.” Staying aware of the things that consumers’ want, ShopKo improved its public reputation and translated it into benefits. However, ShopKo without realizi...
... middle of paper ...
...University, Manhattan, USA & Accenture, Global Business Solutions.
Jay G, Stan S, Steve M, & VP Sun Microsystems Oracle Corporation (2006). Systems Manufacturers: Challenges to Enterprise Systems Manufacturers. Redwood Shores. U.S.A.
Macaulay, S. (1996). Non-contractual relations in business: A preliminary study. Buckley, Peter/Michie, Jonathan: Firms, Organizations and Contracts. Oxford, 339-358.
Picot, A., Ripperger, T., & Wolff, B. (1996). The fading boundaries of the firm: the role of information and communication technology. Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE)/Zeitschrift für die gesamte Staatswissenschaft, 65-79.
Randhawa, G. (2007). Human resource management. New Delhi: Atlantic Publishers & Distributors.
Wells, V., & Foxall, G. R. (2012). Handbook of developments in consumer behavior. London: International Thomson Business.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Terms of reference: This report is being produced to fulfil the criteria required for Unit four of the Advance Vocational Certificate of Education (AVCE) course in Business Studies. It will give a comprehensive overview of the way's in which the human resources function(s)', within businesses are organised and managed and how they operate, and an analytical insight into the human resource management team, of the business that I' am focusing on, which is HSBC Group Plc. The report will specifically focus on the possible conflicts of interest between employees or individuals, the way's which human resources planning procedures take place, the recruitment and s... [tags: Human Resources Essays]
2478 words (7.1 pages)
- The Minority Report by Philip K. Dick tells the story of a dystopia society that apropos the concept of a post-crime system called Precrime. This successful short story follows the protagonist, John A. Anderton, Precrime Commissioner, living in a futuristic society, Precrime police officers prevent homicides with the aid of precog mutants; precrime methodology has boldly and successfully abolished the post-crime system of jails and fines. However, Precrime has created an unfavorable recalcitrant idea: Citizens believe they are constantly under surveillance.... [tags: Philip K. Dick, Minority Report]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
The Impact of Attending Seminars to the Development of the Analytical Skill of Financial Management Students
- The study tackles about “The Impact of Attending Seminars to the Development of the Analytical Skill of the Financial Management Students”. The discussion started by introducing what is seminars and its main purpose. Seminars help a lot to spread and inform the people about new informations and ideas. It provides also opportunities to the attendees to meet and know formal persons in different industries. The importance of seminars could also enhance skills of the attendees specifically the analytical skill of a person.... [tags: finance, analytical skill, seminars]
1981 words (5.7 pages)
- The construction last year of a shopping mall in downtown Oak City was a mistake. Since the mall has opened, a number of local businesses have closed, and the downtown area suffers from an acute parking shortage. Arrests for crime and vagrancy have increased in nearby Oak City Park. Elm City should pay attention to the example of the Oak City Mall and deny the application to build a shopping mall in Elm City. Analyzing this argument brings up a lot of questions to whether this is a relevant argument or not.... [tags: Analytical Essays]
664 words (1.9 pages)
- Article Review The objective of this researcher was to conduct an analytical review of the current literature, which involved comparing higher education institutions in Argentine and Finland. During, this process, I found some very interesting similarities, including America’s institutional influence on higher education between the two countries. Upon, comparing both countries in higher education, it became obvious one has to determine if an evaluative or assessment process, appropriately gives respectable merit to each country and their programs.... [tags: Higher education, University, Assessment]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Internship Report Format 1. Title Page One original title page, prepared in the same format as the Sample Internship title is given at the end. Page submitted with the original signatures of Program coordinator. The date on the title page will depend on the semester you will receive your degree. 2. Acknowledgements If you wish, you may include a page with a brief note of dedication or acknowledgment of help received from particular persons. 3. Table of Contents The contents page should clearly and accurately index the page numbers of the various sections of the dissertation.... [tags: Internship Report]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- Employee Privacy Report 1 In this report, I will be addressing e-mail, Internet use, and privacy policies in my workplace; the current laws regulating employee e-mail and Internet privacy; the reasons to companies carry out e-mail and Internet use policies; the assumptions employees make about their privacy at work; and how these policies affect employee privacy at work. E-Mail and Internet Use , Privacy Policies The E-mail/Internet usage and privacy policies at my job are part of a system of written decisions established by the organization to support and to build a desire culture through managing risk, regulation, and administration.... [tags: Privacy Report]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- The mission, goals and objectives are to obtain, collect and analyze as much information as possible to be able to disseminate the information to all the Unit Leads in their station. It is a necessity to communicate the information with all the Leads to be able to aid them in their investigations in order to increase the apprehension of the offenders. This information will also be used to identify patterns and trends to be able to implement deterring measures. The analytical unit will be involved in the improvement of short and long-term decision making processes.... [tags: Research]
2012 words (5.7 pages)
- FINDINGS: Severe right-sided chest pain. The __ reported a friction rub. A PM lateral showed questionable mediastinal adenopathy. The patient had no cough or sputum production of ___. CT scan in ___ showed a possibility of a 1x2 cm right paratrachial lymphnode. Several smaller anteromediastinal lymphnodes which were all less than 1 cm were also evaluated. The patient was treated with Indocen with relief of her chest pain. ___ level was 64.5 with a ___ 50. PPD was negative, controls were positive.... [tags: Medical Report]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- How To Write A Great Report 1. Plan the report. Select an idea or topic for your report. Gather information for your report. Identify the information you want to include in your report. Remember you should have at least three ways to support the main idea of your report. Include details and specific information that will help you make your point. Write a draft. Review what you have written. Try reading the report out loud. It can help you catch mistakes. Check spelling and punctuation.... [tags: Report Writing]
176 words (0.5 pages)
- Social Workers On Interdisciplinary Teams
- Venezuela’s History FROM When Hugo Chávez Became President: Delinquency
- Lara Croft, the Protagonist in You
- Early Intervention and Juvenile Delinquency Prevention: Evidence from the Chicago Longitudinal Study
- Fuzzy Trace Theory: A Brief Overview
- Education Inequality for Girls in China: Identifying Issues and Solutions of Gender Inequality