Shintoism embraces a strong affinity for nature and this is very apparent in the way the Japanese people worship the Kami (Hooker, para 4). There are many kinds of Kami that each inhabits a different part of nature. There is a Kami for rocks, trees, people, sake and even tobacco (Hooker, para 4). It is the Shinto belief that humans become Kami when they die and pass on from this world (Hooker, para 4). Communicating with the Kami is an essential part of the Shinto religion. An outdoor gate or torii is the entrance to a Shinto shrine (Hooker, para 4). When someone approaches a torii, it is custom to bow before entering (Nakano, para 5). Th...
... middle of paper ...
... life would change without Shintoism.
Hooker, Richard. "Early Shinto." Washington State University - Pullman, Washington. 14 Feb. 2010 http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~dee/ANCJAPAN/SHINTO.HTM
Nakano, Hiroko. "The Shinto Shrine." Kateigaho International Edition - Japanese culture, arts, lifestyle magazine. 14 Feb. 2010 http://int.kateigaho.com/aut04/kyoto-shinto-shrine.html
. "Shinto, Shintoism - ReligionFacts." Religion, World Religions, Comparative Religion - Just the facts on the world's religions. 14 Feb. 2010 http://www.religionfacts.com/shinto/index.htm
. "Shintoism, Shinto." Public Services - Social, Religious, Scientific, Products, Environment. 14 Feb. 2010 http://mb-soft.com/believe/txo/shintois.htm
Smitha, Frank. "Power and Class in Japan, 500 to 1500 CE." MacroHistory : World History. 14 Feb. 2010 http://www.fsmitha.com/h3/h07japan.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people have different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to education I consider myself to have more strength than weaknesses. Most of my strengths I have helped me in life when things go difficult, but also has helped in school when classes get harder or I have to adapt and change with the program and also the way I need to prepared for that class. I coming back to school was difficult in the way of communicating with other fellow students. One of my major weaknesses was confrontation and also people skills.... [tags: Learning, High school, 2002 albums, Intelligence]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Strengths and Weaknesses Throughout the Mid-SEE I have written reflections on my writing and participated in group activities. I have received comments back from my peers and suggestions to help with revising my paper. With the help of my professor, Professor Church and my classmates, I was able to comprehend their suggestions to me to make my essay better and by revising my classmate’s essays, I was able to point out mistakes that I might have made in my essay, which made myself go back to my essay and check and see if I had mistakes that just flew by my eyes.... [tags: Self-Reflection]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Brainstorming is an effective technique that combines people with knowledge of a variable, to share ideas and thoughts on the matter. Statistical modeling and the use of six sigma are technique that tries to discover factors that link two or more time series together historical trends to historical data collections. Delphi technique collects opinions of professional’s experts through survey to determine possibility of specific events. Utilizing these techniques, the strategic management process can evaluate and forecast on future of more detailed and complete formats.... [tags: Business Analysis]
707 words (2 pages)
- On a daily basis, we come in contact with individuals that we have to communicate with, wither it be for work purposes, educational purposes, or social practices. As active humans we cannot escape the idea of socializing or communication, therefor; we make it a daily routine who we communicate with, how we communicate with them, what we listen to and how we listen it. With this routine habits are formed, some are strengths but others are weaknesses that diminish the communication quality. It is extremely important for individuals to recognize these strengths and weakness within their communication routine.... [tags: Communication, Nonviolent Communication]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- Being a parent is by far the most fulfilling and toughest job anyone can have. One way to make the job of being a parent a little easier is by learning a child’s strengths and weaknesses. The importance of knowing a child’s strengths and weaknesses can be found throughout the short stories “Everyday Use” by Alice Walker and “I Stand Here Ironing” by Tillie Olsen. Assessing a child’s strengths and weaknesses is something that teachers have been doing in the classroom for a very long time. The techniques that teachers use in the classroom can also be used in the home by parents.... [tags: Parenting]
1388 words (4 pages)
- Personal strengths and weaknesses determine how an individual will perform in their careers and lives. Clifton and Nelson (2010), defines strengths as “things that one does well” (p. 42). Strengths are traits of a person’s performance or views that result in personal gratification and reward. Effective leaders should strive to develop their personal strengths. Strengths can be drawn from things that an individual currently excels at or those from the past. Weaknesses on the other hand, are things that result in lessened productivity.... [tags: leadership, management, leader]
928 words (2.7 pages)
- The objective of this paper is to show you the personal strengths and weakness that I identified by asking friends and family their opinion on the topic regarding yours truly, and by examining myself for areas that I am really good at (also known as strengths) and areas I need to improve (otherwise known as weaknesses). After I have identified them, I will tell you how recognizing my strengths and weakness can help me to improve myself to achieve a more peaceful and satisfying personal life. I will start with the unflattering information first and list my most obvious weaknesses.... [tags: essays research papers]
894 words (2.6 pages)
- I believe that life is a learning experience and being able to recognize our own strengths and weaknesses can help us become better individuals in anything we choose to do, whether it is positive abilities and skills that can help achieve our goals or negative personal areas that need improvement. Knowing yourself and what you can do, can help you recognize and overcome your weaknesses. One of my greatest strengths at work that I have recognized would have to be my ability to be a well-organized individual.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses We as individuals have to realize the importance of our strengths and weaknesses in order to make a difference in relating personal growth. Having different goals, priorities and special qualities about ourselves is what gives us individually. The purpose of this paper is to clearly define each of my strengths and weaknesses and figure out a way to identify my personal strengths and weaknesses. Doing so in order to enhance my learning process. In order for me to improve myself and enhance my learning process.... [tags: Personal Essays]
608 words (1.7 pages)
- Everyone is embedded with things that make them unique. As individuals we each bring soemthing new, creative, and different to the table. This brings to to discuss personal strengths and weaknessess within myself and my everyday living. Personal strengths are areas where we tend to excel, and seem to express above average. Personal Weaknesses to me are areas where we would like to excel but seem to still need improvement. If I can, let me share with you my strengths and weaknesses and see how they effect my everyday being.... [tags: essays research papers]
1331 words (3.8 pages)