Shear Essence Salon, LLC is owned by Danielle Stringer, who is currently a beautician at local salon in Medford, OR and the assistant manager. She and has been cutting hair for a couple years now, but has always dreamed of owning her own salon. Recently her grandmother passed away and left Danielle the money she will need to pursue this dream. Danielle graduated from Phagans’ Cosmetology College located in Medford, OR. Phagans offers education to become certified in a career of hair stylist, colorist, and manicurist or nail technician, esthetician, barber, makeup artist or a salon or spa owner (College, 2014). All of the stylist working for Shear Essence went to school and graduated at the top of their class at Phagans. Danielle is certified as a beautician and as an esthetician. Esthetician is a person with special training in administering facials, aromatherapy, hair and skin care, makeup, etc. She will be using these skills to enhance the atmosphere that Shear Essence strives to portray; professionalism and relaxation.
The office manager position will be held by Kelly Stringer who recently competed her bachelor’s degree at Southern Oregon University in business management with the emphasis on accounting. Shear Essence will be known as a family business as Kelly is Danielle’s mother.
Mark Knowles, known for his amazing talent in men’s fade haircuts will be the assistant manager and will work directly with Danielle and helping her with her duties on her days off. Mark is well known for his abilities to do military cuts and has built up a clientele with the local Reserves and the Oregon Department of Veterans Affairs.
Three other stylist will be full time, Jul...
... middle of paper ...
Oregon, J. C. (2013, April). Jackson County Oregon . Retrieved April 15, 2013, from http://www.co.jackson.or.us/index.asp
SBDCNet. (2014). Beauty Salon 2012. Retrieved from Beauty Salon Dusiness Overview & Trents, 2012: http://www.sbdcnet.org/small-business-research-reports/beauty-salon-2012
U.S., S., & Administration, B. (2014, March 15). Business Licenses & Permits Results. Retrieved from http://www.sba.gov/bgsearch/permitme2_0.do?q=97530&pstate=0&bcat=89
Vagaro. (2014, March). Spa and Salon Software. Retrieved from https://www.vagaro.com/salon-software
Yellowbook. (2014 ). Beauty Salon in the Medford OR area. Retrieved from http://www.yellowbook.com/yellow-pages/?what=beauty+salons&where=Medford%2c+OR
YellowPages. (2014, April 27). Home > Jacksonville, OR > Beauty Salons . Retrieved from http://www.yellowpages.com/jacksonville-or/beauty-salons
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Operations Plant and Facilities The salon will be in a landmark building that keeps with the historic look and traditional feel of a Jacksonville, Oregon. Due to the financial downturn of the industrial real-estate market, Shear Essence would be able to purchase a building in the area desired, for a price of $625,000, located in Nunan Square Development, 690 G Street. One of five buildings in the commercial development of the Nunan Square, the building has the potential for professional offices or retail.... [tags: commercial development, tenants, stylists]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- Strategic Position and Risk Assessment Business Strategy Shear Essence Salon will be a luxurious beauty salon located in downtown Jacksonville, Oregon. Shear Essence’s objective is to provide our customers with quality hair care in a stylish atmosphere that is not only relaxing but also provides our customers with convenience and great customer service. Shear Essence will be offering “One” complimentary drink of the client’s choice from a list of local fine wines, beers, Pepsi products, water, coffee or tea during their appointment.... [tags: business strategy, restaurant]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- The shear viscosity is a transport coefficient for momentum in inhomogeneous flows. This transport coefficient, which is widely used to describe both plasmas and fluids, relates two hydrodynamic quantities: shear stress and shear rate. The shear stress Pxy is the off-diagonal element of a pressure tensor, and the shear rate γ is the transverse gradient of the flow velocity u. For a flow in the y direction, γ=∂uy∂x. (1)The shear viscosity η relates these two hydrodynamic quantities through the constitutive relation1 Pxy=−ηγ.... [tags: Viscosity, Shear stress, Plasma, Energy]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- First, the effect of shear-thinning properties of polymer solution was investigated by changing the Carreau parareters such as the zero shear viscosity η_0, relaxation time λ, and power n. Changes in any of them changes the viscosity profile changes in the casting flow, thus changing the interface shapes and shift the DCL location x_dcl measured from the projected point of the die lip corner on the belt (Fig. 1). The results of x_dcl at different Carreau parameters are shown in Fig. 2. Note that P_in is continuously changed during the computation to maintain the constant wet film thickness (h_0=300 μm), and this can be performed by the direct tracking method (Nam and Carvalho, 2010).... [tags: Viscosity, Fluid, Shear stress]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- In St. Thomas Aquinas’ On Being and Essence, he devotes an entire chapter of his book discussing how essence is found in composite substances. “Form and matter are found in composite substances, as for example soul and body in man. But it cannot be said that either one of these alone is called the essence.’ Aquinas argues that in a composite substance, not only is the form but also matter in the essence of a thing. However, in Metaphysics, Aristotle says that essence is in the form, which acts upon matter.... [tags: Aquinas, Being and Essence, Metaphysics]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- ... A temperature inversion forms near the surface at a very clear night with calm or very light surface wind .As we know , the wind just above the inversion may be relatively strong. As illustrated , a wind shear zone can cause airspeed fluctuations as an aircraft climbs or descents through the inversion ,As we know ,the aircraft most likely is either climbing from the takeoff or approaching to land when passing through the inversion ,therefore ,airspeed is low ,only a few knots is greater than stall speed .The fluctuation in airspeed can induces a stall precariously close to the ground .Wind shear in a zone between relatively calm wind below an inversion and strong wind above the inversion... [tags: aviation, weather, pilot]
3427 words (9.8 pages)
- The Social Dynamics of a Beauty Salon Within the mostly Hispanic neighborhood Washington Heights there is a multitude of beauty salons and beauty supplies stores. As I am fairly familiar to the area I chose to observe the social interactions of Dominican women getting their hair done instead of my initial reaction to the neighborhood. Starting at Nine am on the rainy Thursday, I observed five women each choosing their respective hairdresser and proceeding to do their hair. The women whom attend the salon are well dressed;with heels, jewelry, and stellar outfits(as if going to brunch instead of sitting under a hood dryer for 2 hours).... [tags: Human physical appearance, Physical attractiveness]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- More than 375,000 nail technicians face possible health hazards everyday (“Health Hazards”). Today’s salons are investing in the latest products. Sanitation is the most important in any salon to prevent disease or injury to cosmetologists and for clients. The ingredients in these hair products are becoming stronger for some clients to handle. Cosmetologists need to understand how to keep ourselves and our clients safe. Tools, implements, and cleaning furniture is the most important. Customers are always going to be coming in and out of the salon.... [tags: nail technicians]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- Contrary to popular literary studies, French fairy tales may not accurately depict the lives of 17th century peasantry. In Dorothy Thelander’s “Mother Goose and Her Goslings,” she argues that these stories are actually a mixture of “folk literature and high literature” (Thelander 35). Better suited to the name “Salon tales” (Thelander 34), these stories have both peasant and bourgeois elements and are more representative of the environment in which their authors wrote. Because authors such as Perrault and d’Aulnoy came from the bourgeois class, their versions of traditional fairy tales reflect the social values found within aristocratic literary salons, not the hardships and taboo issues of... [tags: Mother Goose and her Goslings]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- In the hair salon industry there are salon services and retail products that make up the output. Because the services generate most of the salon’s business that is what I will consider as the final output. Possible services include haircuts, hair colors, perms, etc. There are many things that could affect the supply and demand for these services. People's income is a huge factor. When the economy is down and people are making less money or don't have jobs, the "extras" like highlights and hairstyles are going to be less in demand.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
962 words (2.7 pages)