“Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” When Andy Dufresne said this he showed us that hope is a powerful emotion and there is always going to be hope no matter the situation you are in. Some would call the The Shawshank Redemption directed by Frank Darabont, the cream of the crop as it is a brilliantly thought out and presented film that uses acting and an intelligently directed plot to entice the viewer. The film features Tim Robbins, as Andy Dufresne, and Morgan Freeman as Red. Freeman’s silky smooth narrating makes the film all the more better. Shawshank is deeper than most films; about continuity in a lifetime, based on friendship and hope. Shawshank Redemption is a slow film that is not suited to those who like high tempo action movies. However, the pace of the film makes it all the more better as it allows the viewer to process the brilliant acting and cleverly directed plot.
The main protagonist of the film, Andy Dufresne ‘Tim Robbins’, is wrongly accused of a brutal murder, and sentenced to two life...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the movie Shawshank Redemption made in 1994 by Frank Darabont. Cast membranes are Tim Robbins as Andy and Morgan Freeman as Red his best friend. This movie can be describe as corruption, friendship, and hope. In the beginning, of the movie Andy is sent to prison for the murder of his wife and her affair. At the time no one knew Andy really did not kill his wife and her lover. When Andy made it to prison, he made a friend named Red another man that was in prison already for murder. During the years Red and Andy friendship grow.... [tags: The Shawshank Redemption, Frank Darabont]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- The Power of Hope The Shawshank Redemption is a phenomenal film directed by Frank Darabont. This drama was released on September 23rd, 1994. There are two main characters throughout the film. Tim Robbins plays the role of Andrew Dufrasne, also known as “Andy”. Morgan Freeman plays the role of Ellis Boyd Redding, also known as “Red”. The plot, theme, tone, setting, and characters of The Shawshank Redemption allow the viewer to enjoy the movie. Personally, I believe this movie is superior and all movie lovers must take the time to see it.... [tags: The Shawshank Redemption, Frank Darabont]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Frank Darabont's The Shawshank Redemption The movie the Shawshank Redemption, based on the book by Steven King, I believe is one of the best movies ever made. The portrayal of prison life in the movie is the best I have seen and a star-studded cast including Morgan Freeman supports the characters and brings to life the everyday struggles of life behind bars. In this paper I will relate topics from class to the movie and discuss information we have learned through out the semester. One of the best things about this movie is its portrayal of prison life.... [tags: Film Movies Shawshank Redemption Essays]
695 words (2 pages)
- The Shawshank Redemption “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” When Andy Dufresne said this he showed us that hope is a powerful emotion and there is always going to be hope no matter the situation you are in. Some would call the The Shawshank Redemption directed by Frank Darabont, the cream of the crop as it is a brilliantly thought out and presented film that uses acting and an intelligently directed plot to entice the viewer. The film features Tim Robbins, as Andy Dufresne, and Morgan Freeman as Red.... [tags: The Shawshank Redemption, Morgan Freeman]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- “You can get busy living, or get busy dying,” said ‘Red’, that has stuck with me since the first time I watched Shawshank Redemption. When I was a young man, I watched Shawshank Redemption with my father for the first time. It was probably the most influential movie I had seen in the last few years and the message it sent me was wonderful and easy to fully appreciate as a ten year old boy. The movie has very compelling acting and the cinematography is what sets it apart from other movies. Shawshank Redemption is a movie based in Massachusetts, during the mid 1950’s.... [tags: The Shawshank Redemption, Morgan Freeman]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- The way Shawshank Redemption is portrayed with similarities and differences between the novella and the movie is that the plot and climax are completely different. The novella is written by Stephen King and is titled: "Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption." The movie is directed by Frank Darabont and is called: The Shawshank Redemption. There are many things such as the way the warden 's punishment was incorporated differently in the movie that the novella did not give insight through towards the plot and the climax.... [tags: The Shawshank Redemption, Frank Darabont]
757 words (2.2 pages)
- Impact Of Hope Frank Darabont uses The Shawshank Redemption to explore the consequences of hope on the individual ambition. The hope has a universal effect on individual feelings to get rid of depression. The effects on the society are fairly emotional to great changing life moments. Hope springs eternal and symbolizes the demonstration that they can pop out just about anywhere. Hope helps keep people alive and anticipating the next sunrise with joy rather than gloom. It brightens projects and maintains focus.... [tags: The Shawshank Redemption, Frank Darabont]
1038 words (3 pages)
- A legend is somebody who goes past the points of confinement of the standard to accomplish something for more prominent 's benefit of society and humankind. With fearlessness and valor, a legend endeavors to demolish what isn 't right and low with society with their challenging activities. With these activities a saint 's motivation is to attempt to change how individuals imagine life in an alternate point of view. For instance, Mahatma Gandhi had the capacity decimate the social administration in India, built up by an abusive British government, with his advancement of peace and insurgency.... [tags: Frank Darabont, The Shawshank Redemption, The Mist]
1883 words (5.4 pages)
- How Frank Darabont Presents the Shawshank Redemption's Subtitle Hope Springs Eternal In 1982 a writer named Steven King wrote the short story "Rita Heyworth and The Shawshank Redemption". Little did he know that his text would become one of the best films ever made. The year is 1992 and a plucky young director going by the name of Frank Darabont has big idea for making a film version of King's great novel. After much deliberation king and Darabont agreed and set to work making a film to remember.... [tags: Papers]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- How does the director create a sense of tension and the unexpected in the escape scene of The Shawshank Redemption. The Shawshank Redemption is an impressive, engrossing piece of film-making from director Frank Darabont who adapted horror master Stephen King's 1982 novella Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption for his first feature film. Through out the film, tension is added in many ways. In the scenes leading up to the escape scene, and the actual escape scene of The Shawshank Redemption, Darabont, creates tension and the unexpected in many different ways.... [tags: Director Frank Darabont]
1092 words (3.1 pages)