draped over its back and the underbelly. Sexual maturity for a Tiger is usually around three years
old. Tigers do not have a mating season like other animals, but do tend to breed in the spring.
Male Tigers do not stick around for the rearing of the cubs. A Tigris gestation period can last
about 15 weeks. Only several litters can be carried by a Tigris in her lifetime. One to six cubs
can be in a single litter but only two to three cubs survive. Tigers are an important species in our
ecosystem as well as a natural wonder.
Predators have existed for millions of years in this vast land of what we call earth; none like the
Tiger, beautiful, long, menacing, and strong. Predators like the Tyrannosaurus Rex on land and
the Megalodon out in the ocean, ruled their kingdoms. Such prehistoric animals may have ruled
the land and preyed on other animals, just like the Tiger, but the Tiger is the only species in the
list of predators whom can be extinct by the human hand. Tigers have roamed the earth,
according to some scientist, for almost six million years. At the turn of the twentieth century,
there were only 8 subspecies of tigers left in the world. Although for the past sixty years, tiger
species have lost three of their subspecies, leaving only five subspecies in the world. With only
five subspecies of Tigers left in the world, we should pose some questions like: How did three
species go extinct in the past sixty years? How many of each subspecies of Tigers are left? What
can we do to protect further extinction? What would be the effects on our ecosystem if this
species is extinct? What the cost is to preserve the Tige...
... middle of paper ...
...land for these Tigers, but is it
enough and who is guarding these lands from poachers? This is the problem plaguing the
conservation of these beautiful animals. Saving the Tiger species should not only be looked at as
a way to conserve a cultural icon, but to save our ecosystem as well as future discoveries of
species. The further testing of certain species, like plants, and discovering new species can lead
to medical breakthroughs.
Saving the Tigers species is not only important for the species itself but also for the ecosystem.
Without Tigers in the wild the ecosystem will be out of control; species will die and many other
species will be endangered. It is our duty to preserve, or at least to try to preserve, the many
species we as humans have disturbed. It’s our human obligation and our right to fight for all the
species whom don’t have a voice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... This is because tigers like to swim and usually cool down in pools. Bengal tigers are such strong swimmers that they can even tread through water while carrying their prey. Diet Bengal tigers are a carnivorous animal, which means they eat meat rather than plants. They hunt medium-sized and large-sized animals, such as wild boar, different kinds of deer, antelope, ox, and water buffalo. Bengals sometimes prey on smaller animals like rabbits, monkeys, or peacocks. They kill their prey by overpowering their victim and severing the spinal cord for smaller prey or a suffocation bite of the throat for large prey.... [tags: endangered species, felines]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Evaluation of Another Throughout the history of golf there have been many players that carry a sense of dominance, but none greater than Tiger Woods. His competitiveness and the way he strives for excellence is one of the main reasons Tiger is beyond talented. Woods has the most decorative career resume along with being the face of a multi-billion-dollar company Nike. He has gone through lots of ups and downs in his career. Although his career is filled with incredible accolades. Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all time, and the first billionaire sportsman, but he also struggles with his actions off the course.... [tags: Tiger Woods, Golf, PGA Tour]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Results of the present study show that the level of allometry of male chelae does not change abruptly at pubertal moult and therefore immature and mature crabs cannot be distinguished on this basis. This replicats the findings of Sumpton (1990b) for Charybdis natator, in which he did not find any evidence of discontinuities in the relative growth of male chelae. It is however well documented for portunid crabs that the level of allometry of male chelae does change suddenly at the pubertal moult in such species as Scylla serrata (Knuckey, 1996; Imtiaz et al., 1998), S.... [tags: Allometry, Breeding, Fecundity]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- What is the Thailand Tiger Temple. The Thailand Tiger Temple is located in Thailand and was founded in 1994 as a forest temple and a sanctuary for wild animals including tigers. The tiger temple has Bengal tigers and hybrid breeds. They received its first tiger cub in 1999 and now they have 137 tigers as of 2016. Visitors are charged about $16 or more if they decide to pet or feed the tigers. 137 tigers from the tiger temple were seized and transferred to animal refuges. This reason being is because the monks who run the temple have been accused of animal abuse, drugging, trafficking into the illegal wildlife trade and the disappearance of three tigers.... [tags: Tiger, Conservation biology]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- The novel strictly surrounds the topic of maturity through trial and error. It is portrayed many times throughout the novel. The ordeals mainly surround two of the main characters, John and Lorraine. It shows the mistakes they have made and how they resolve and handle them. They learn a lot throughout the story, the biggest being how to handle problems with maturity and help from each other. John, one of the main characters, starts out in the story as being childish and cruel to the school with various incidents.... [tags: rebellious, verbal abuse, maturity]
651 words (1.9 pages)
- In Thomas Wolfe's The Child by Tiger (reprinted in Thomas R. Arp and Greg Johnson, Perrine's Literature: Structure, Sound, and Sense, 9th ed. [Boston: Wadsworth, 2006] Page 625). The story as told through the eyes of a child will show many different ways to view Dick Prosser, the main character, as a man. The child Spangler shows how the children feel about Prosser, how he resembles a cat and how he turns from a good person to bad. Prosser is a big man who is admired by the children. As a black man, he is a servant of one of the children but is loved by all the children.... [tags: The Child by Tiger]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- The Child by Tiger – Dick’s Character In "The Child by Tiger", Wolfe does a superb job of making the story reveal a truth about human experience. Dick's killing rampage in the short story showed how the human sole has a tendency to become violent. Characterization and excellent choice of tone and mood used in the story display how the Dick becomes violent. Wolfe carefully develops Dick's character in the short story. At the beginning of the short story, Wolfe describes Dick's actions precisely.... [tags: The Child by Tiger]
463 words (1.3 pages)
- The Lady Or The Tiger. by Frank Stockton Standing in the center of a larger arena was a young youth whose faith was in the balances. Spectators raise steely on all sides directly in front of him awaiting his death. In front of him was two massive doors behind one were life and bliss, behind another lies a man-eating beast. The choice he makes of the two doors solely depending on a Semi-Barbaric princess. Whose train of thought might be different from that of a person who is sound of mind. Being of her background, she would easily have led the youth to the door of the beast.... [tags: Frank Stockton The Lady Or The Tiger?]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- Tears of a Tiger by Sharon Draper After a basketball game, four kids, Andrew Jackson, Tyrone Mills, Robert Washington and B.J. Carson, celebrate a win by going out drinking and driving. Andrew lost control of his car and crashed into a retaining wall on I-75. Andy, Tyrone, and B.J. escaped from the four-door Chevy right after the accident. Teen basketball star and Hazelwood high team captain was sitting in the passenger's side with his feet on the dashboard. When the crash happened, his feet went through the windshield and he was unable to escape.... [tags: Tear Tiger Draper Analysis Review]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- Born Eldrick T. Woods on December 30, 1975, in Cypress, Calif., golf phenom Tiger Woods has had a career nothing short of spectacular. His father, Earl Woods, began teaching his son the game when he was just a year old. In fact, Tiger's skills were so good at such a young age that it landed him an appearance on the Mike Douglas Show in 1978. The two-year-old Woods' appearance put him up against legendary comedian Bob Hope in a putting contest. At three, he shot a 48 over nine holes at one of his hometown courses.... [tags: Tiger Woods Golf]
951 words (2.7 pages)