Currently, there are laws in place against minors sexting and sexting to minors and they fall under the child pornography category. While the laws are intended to protect minors from sexual predators, what most minors do not understand is that they are subject to them as well. This means that, if fifteen-year-old Timmy decides to sext his fifteen-year-old girlfriend, Sarah, a naked picture of himself, both Timmy and Sarah could be tried in court with charges of disseminating child pornography and possessing child pornography. These serious charges can result in having to register as a sex offender for several years, although the message may have been sent and received consensually by both parties. This...
... middle of paper ...
...tle11/ar8/ch8.html. Accessed on 16 Apr. 2104.
10 Merritt, Jim. Senate Bill No. 256. 2013. Available at http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2013/PDF/IN/IN0256.1.pdf. Accessed on 16 Apr. 2014.
11 Ind. Code § 35-50-3-3 (Amended by Acts 1977, P.L. 340). Available at http://www.ai.org/legislative/ic/code/title35/ar50/ch3.html. Accessed on 16 Apr. 2014.
12 Oddi, Marcia. "The Indiana Law Blog." : Ind. Law. N.p., 25 Dec. 2008. Web. 16 Apr. 2014. http://indianalawblog.com/archives/2008/12/ind_law_16_is_i.html.
13"Sexting." Sex Crime Criminal Defense RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2014. http://www.sexcrimecriminaldefense.com/sexting/.
14 Hinduja, Sameer, and Justin Patchin. "State Sexting Laws: A Brief Review of State Sexting Laws and Policies." CyberBullying.US. Cyberbullying Research Center, n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2014. http://www.cyberbullying.us/state_sexting_laws.pdf.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Agrarian Reform Law Decree 900 was enacted in 1952 under President Jacobo Árbenz’s government. President Árbenz wanted Guatemala’s financial system to grow and he wanted to transform the rural population through land redistribution and by giving them agricultural privileges. However, these ideals for land reform were short-lived; coming to an end with his coup in 1954. This essay will explain what the Agrarian Reform law in Guatemala was as well as what were its effects on landowners and rural hacienda workers, while touching on why the reform failed despite its progressive ideals.... [tags: Land reform, Agrarian reform]
1390 words (4 pages)
- Jesse Logan was a girl who had just graduated from high school when she was humiliated by her ex-boyfriend to an unforgivable state. She sent a fully frontal nude photograph of herself to her then-boyfriend, which is now known as sexting. After their breakup, the ex-boyfriend forwarded Jesse's sext to their entire school, causing her embarrassment and humiliation. She then did an interview with the Today Show stating "I just want to make sure no one else will have to go through this again." Two months later she was found in her bedroom. She hanged herself. As a nation, how is it going to be possible to implement a policy that will work sufficiently? I believe that through annual, educ... [tags: Teen Sexting 2014]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- The role of law reform has responded rather effectively to a certain extent in protecting the rights of consumers. This is evident in the legal responses introduced to address issues of credit, marketing innovation and technology. These law amendments has effectively increase the protection of the rights of consumers to a certain extent, however loopholes still exist. Due to the increasing range of goods and services continues to grow and the failure of existing laws, the role of law reform has been significant in protecting the rights of consumers.... [tags: Consumer protection, Law]
1322 words (3.8 pages)
- Teen’s today face serious criminal charges when they get in trouble for sexting. Sexting is an exchange of nude or seminude images via a telecommunication device. When teens are engaging in sexting, they are not thinking of the possible criminal charges they can face. Sexting among teens is a common issue that we face today in our highly technological world. Laws are not able to keep up with the rate of technology advancements. Teacher, parents, and Louisiana law makers need to be more aware of this issue to try and protect teens from endangering themselves and their future.... [tags: social issues, seminude images]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- ... After this case hit the news, magazines, tabloids, etc., labeled the case as a “frivolous lawsuit” and refer back to it whenever someone files a lawsuit against a company. The Tort law has always been an issue in need of attention, but it is the significant Supreme Court cases where the plaintiff is awarded millions of dollars for their “pain and suffering” that spark the idea that there needs to be a stop or a limit to certain awards and jurisdictions. According to Sherman Joyce, Victor Schwartz, and Darren McKinney of the ATRA, over 30 states have implemented some sort of noneconomic damages reform.... [tags: Tort Reform, Compensation, Insurance]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- A system of law generally starts out with norms that have been agreed upon by the people. People learn to recognize deviant behavior and decide that it should be dealt with in some form of punishment. The code of Hammurabi dates back to the eighteenth century B.C. and is one of the earliest law codes in Western culture. This was a code of laws that was given by the gods as a system of divine guidance. The laws of Moses came about in 1250 B.C. and were also considered divine guidance to the people.... [tags: Law, Common law, Criminal law]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- Since the Welfare reform law was introduced in 1996 it has impacted American society greatly. The new welfare policy, named the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), replaced the Aid to Family and Dependent Children (AFDC) program; they have five known differences that only affect the ones who need the assistance. Critics argue that the TANF has negatively impacted the society while some argue that it has not. Linda Burnham, author of “Welfare Reform, Family Hardship & Woman of Color,” asserts that “welfare reform has increased the hardship faced by many women leaving welfare for work and their movement into low-wage jobs, exposes them to higher level of housing insecurities, homele... [tags: Welfare]
1054 words (3 pages)
- Immigration reform has been making the news for many years - since Arizona passed SB1070 and Alabama passed HB56. In an attempt to curtail enactment of these laws, the United States Department of Justice, United States Department of Homeland Security, United States Department of State, and United States Department of Education filed complaints against both states. Additionally, there are over “865 bills and resolutions relating to immigrants and refugees in 45 state legislatures and the District of Columbia during the first quarter of 2012” (2012 Immigration-Related Laws, 2012) with the exception five states who were not in session at the time of reporting.... [tags: Immigration]
2288 words (6.5 pages)
- Influences on Law Reform There are many influences on the way our law is formed and it can come from a number of sources. Some of these influences may have more effects than others. It is also possible that in some situations there maybe conflicting interests about the way that the law should be reformed. There are official bodies whose work is to recommended changes in the law to the government. These are the Law Commissions and occasionally Royal Commissions. There are also pressure groups, which may provide the movement for law reform.... [tags: Papers]
1443 words (4.1 pages)
- Victorian Parliament Law Reform Committee Functions The functions of the Committee, as defined by Section 12 of the Parliamentary Committees Act 2003, are: 1) To inquire into, consider and report to the Parliament on any proposal, matter or thing concerned with – a. Legal, constitutional or parliamentary reform; b. The administration of justice; c. Law reform. 2) It is not a function of the Law Reform Committee to inquire into, consider or report to the Parliament on any proposal, matter of thing concerned with a.... [tags: essays research papers]
2980 words (8.5 pages)