Each year Hurricanes hit South Florida with devastating force. Even though Charlotte County has some policies in place to help deal with the devastation that comes with these disasters, I feel that there is a way that their preparations/reactions to these storms can be improved.
If a severe weather storage facility was built to house things such as nonperishable food items, water and other practical necessities the village of Port Charlotte would be able to cope and recover a lot quicker.
In order to save the community time and money during the recovering period year after year further action needs to be taken to get this facility built. It may be costly to build and stock, but in the long run the community will realize how beneficial something like this can be. The facility can work hand in hand with the facilities that the Red Cross already has set up to make Charlotte County a safer place during and after severe storms.
Florida may be known for its tropical beaches and its nearly year-round Sunshine, but people who have lived there for at least one summer will tell you that hurricanes have become a fact of life. South Florida has been known for its severe weather, especially hurricanes and tropical depressions for many years. One town that is affected greatly by these storms is Port Charlotte of Charlotte County Florida. Port Charlotte is located on the Southwest side of the state and is consistently battered by violent storms. Charlotte County has several programs promoting hurricane awareness but as far as actual facilities they are few and far between. That is why the town Port Charlotte should build an emergency site for severe weather relief storage...
... middle of paper ...
...e in Charlotte County should organize a county meeting to discuss this proposal for a severe weather emergency storage facility. Some important attendees would include representatives from the public works, the community emergency management team, planning and zoning committee, and local contractors and builders. The appropriate numbers to contact these groups are provided at the end of this proposal.
In conclusion, hurricanes striking South Florida are leaving behind more damage and destruction each year. The Red Cross is doing all that it can to help after these disasters, but they need help to. The residents of Charlotte County would benefit greatly if a severe weather storage facility was built in addition to facilities that the Red Cross already provides. It would provide the citizens with a head start on the road to recovery after a hurricane strikes.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PROPOSAL FOR A SENIOR EMPLOYMENT AGENCY BY COLORADO SPRINGS EMPLOYMENT INC. INTRODUCTION Grants Request Document Type: National Aging Grant Funding Opportunity Number: HHS-2010-AOA-SL-1007 Opportunity Category: Title IV Discretionary Projects Funding Instrument Type: Cooperative Agreement Expected Number of Awards: 7 Estimated Total Program Funding: 7 Award Ceiling: $100,000 Award Floor: $100,000 Grant Application Due Date: April 21, 2010 Grant Proposal Three page description including the following information: Senior employment agency details of funds requested Detail need for service Expected impact of senior employment in the area Stated goals and objectives Ti... [tags: Business Proposal]
2345 words (6.7 pages)
- Humanitarian relief operations usually happened after natural disasters or man-made disasters, such as earthquakes, floods, landslides and wars. To make the humanitarian relief operations prompt and efficient, human relief sector must plan the operations based on logistics activities which can meet the needs of the humanitarian relief operations. This essay is going to start with a brief description of the Korean War, and then discusses the importance of two logistics activities which are victim service as know as customer service in logistics term and facility location decisions to the humanitarian relief operation of the Korean War.... [tags: Humanitarian Relief]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Thailand country is situated in the South east of Asia. It is a country that is replete with scenic beauty and even beautiful culture. It has been several jungles, natural parks, verdant plains and beaches washed by crystal blue waters. History of this country is multifaceted, involving storming of different people, concern of different kingdoms, and interface of unrelated cultures and the regulation of several kinds. Thailand country is known for its important sacred temple, magnificent natural beauty and hospitality.... [tags: Weather, Culture, Etiquette]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Collapse of medieval social structure paved the way for the policies which majorly concentrated on the upliftment of poor. This resulted in the poor relief act for the betterment of the underprivileged people of the society. During 1547 beggars were grouped as ‘V’ and were forced to slavery for two years. The law of 1572 continued this approach stating that beggars should be punished and for a third offence should be given death penalty. The only help for poor people was through private charity.... [tags: poor relief act]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- Pamphlets were often used to spread ideas throughout Ireland in the late 1600s, however, many were discarded and ignored. “A Modest Proposal,” by Jonathan Swift, uses the pamphlets to his advantage by proposing a ridiculous idea to show how messed up the state of Ireland was. Swift proposed that the babies of all the poor would “contribute to the feeding, and partly to the clothing, of many thousands” or in other words, improve Ireland 's economic problems and standard of living (Swift). His main reason for proposing this drastic idea was because women continued to have children they could not provide food or anything for in some cases and Swift’s idea would make the children “beneficial to... [tags: Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal, Satire]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- An old Norwegian saying states that “there is no such things as bad weather, only bad clothing.” The saying may be old, but its value is without a doubt contemporary, encompassing the Norwegians’ embrace of nature and the effect of the weather on their culture. This Norwegian culture, from clothing to food, to leisure activity to art, has always been greatly influenced by the climatic conditions, and continues to be so today. It is a society deeply rooted in traditions and mutually linked to its environment, which allows for much outdoor activity, even though the country finds itself at the fringes of the north.... [tags: Weather and Culture]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- In Jonathan Swift’s essay, “A Modest Proposal”, Swift proposes that the poor should eat their own starving children during a great a famine in Ireland. What would draw Swift into writing to such lengths. When times get hard in Ireland, Swift states that the children would make great meals. The key factor to Swift’s essay that the reader must see that Swift is not literally ordering the poor to cannibalize. Swift acknowledges the fact of the scarcity of food and empathizes with the struggling and famished souls of Ireland through the strange essay.... [tags: A Modest Proposal]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Business Proposal for Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. The following is a proposal for Sirius Satellite Radio to gain exclusive rights to Division 1 college football. It examines Sirius' current business model and how this new line of programming could be incorporated in to the existing model. Sirius Satellite Radio offers advertisement free, subscription based, satellite radio service in the United States and Canada. Sirius was founded in 1990 as Satellite CD Radio Inc., but, according to Radio Ink, officially changed it's name, to the current designation, in 1999.... [tags: Business Strategy Proposal Satellite Radio]
1749 words (5 pages)
- Proposal for the Installation of Emergency Telephones On Highways in Connecticut Introduction I propose to install emergency telephones along Connecticut highways. Connecticut highways do not provide immediate help for emergencies. Daily, there is a 50/50 change of an accident or emergency happening. There are 45 and up to 70 emergencies in the Greater Hartford area alone. Proposal This report proposes that emergency telephones be installed on Connecticut highways. They would offer efficient ways to get help immediately for emergency situations and also would decrease the chances of crime that may occur while people have to wait for help.... [tags: Proposal Paper]
645 words (1.8 pages)
- Study Proposal for a Social Studies and Premedical (Premed) Student As a Social Studies and premedical student, I aspire to lead an international health and development non-governmental organization (NGO). Combining my skills as a physician and practitioner of development, I plan to enhance the health of marginalized, persecuted, and exiled populations. Through direct interaction with government bodies and humanitarian NGOs, I hope to highlight and curb the medical and psychological burdens stemming from human rights violations.... [tags: Study Proposal]
509 words (1.5 pages)