A servant leader will put others overhead of themselves. When one starts to contemplate and lead from the perception of getting others what they want before getting what you want you’ll find that your team and your organization will be more successful. Kelly (n.d.). A servant leader will find that as a servant leader one will receive support from others because every person involved will comprehend that it’s not just all about a single person. It’s about the group, the team, the membership and the people you were put in charge to serve. Kelly (n.d.).
Within an organization, servant leadership displays a positive impact that will enhance results, allegiance and confidence. Leading with others in mind is a great attribute because it also develops dependence, efficiency, self-confidence, and a decrease in employee turnover in a business organization. Serv...
... middle of paper ...
Those who serve in the capacity of servant leadership are willing to help their followers with the vision of the organization especially when the leader has no problem with helping and guiding. Servant leaders are not focused on more pay, prestige or perks, instead they are more concerned about their followers wellbeing. They treat their followers with dignity and respect their opinions. Servant leadership is a very important role, they don’t throw their weight around, by humiliating and abusing their workers; Instead they smile, encourage and contribute to their followers which is a great attribute. They lead by example and it is great way to teach and inspire followers, as it makes the organization functional and productive. With mutual respect, followers are enthused and excited about showing up to work and doing the jobs. Schwantes (2015).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Abstract Servant leadership may appear to be a contradiction. How can one lead when one is serving the followers. Through the servant leadership model, a servant leader puts the needs of those they lead first, and serves them. The servant leader uses characteristics that help establish a quality relationship with those they lead and through that relationship is able to support and build employee morale and increase job performance by those they lead. Especially in the field of emergency services, servant leadership is a leadership approach that benefits the followers, leader, and the community they serve.... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership]
1337 words (3.8 pages)
- Servant leadership is becoming a more “sought-after” concept in today’s society, but what exactly is servant leadership. Does it mean different things to different people. Although the three books, The Servant as Leader, The Servant, and Lead Like Jesus, all center around servant leadership, each author takes a different perspective on the meaning of being a servant leader. Robert Greenleaf addresses leadership from a straight-forward stance; saying that a good leader must be a servant-first by finding the will within themselves to put the needs of their group before their own.... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership, Management]
1454 words (4.2 pages)
- Servant-Leadership versus Transformative Leadership The world growing more and more complex and institutions need managers who can adapt to the increasing pace of innovation. Servant leadership and transformative leadership are some of the new management techniques and ideas that address the increasing complexities of the world. However, as these new ideas are developed and implemented, which one works the best in today working environment. Which one of these management styles has a greater impact on those who use and those who are managed.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1693 words (4.8 pages)
- Leadership Approaches Servant Leadership Servant leadership is a set of practices or a philosophy that have a focus of enriching the lives of others. Servant leadership also focus on building better organizations and creating a world that is caring and just. Although servant leadership is considered to be a timeless concept by some, the phrase “servant leadership” was thought of by Robert K. Greenleaf’s essay that was titled The Servant as A Leader, published in 1970. Robert Greenleaf believed that the servant leader all started from the individual person having a natural feeling of being one that wants to serve first.... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- When two people come together and form a relationship the question of who should wear the pants in the relationship may come to light. Should the man be the head of the relationship. But why cant the woman be the leader. My perspective on a relationship is two people going through this crazy journey we call life side by side. The servant-leadership theory supports my perspective that a leader can effectively lead by serving first his followers. The servant-leadership theory does not place the leader above the followers.... [tags: servant-leadership]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- The servant leader is deeply rooted in the study of leadership theory. The very basic premise of leadership was derived from the ideology of a servant leader. Ethical, servant, spiritual and authentic leadership can have a profound impact on the lives of subordinates and the destiny of an organization. A true servant leader can be found in any institution, from the military to the smallest industries in the private sector. The heart and spirit of a servant leader has the capacity to drive an organization to new heights with the potential to surpass the outlook of said organization’s vision.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Abstract The servant-leadership concept continues to grow in its influence and impact. In fact, it has been witnessed of an unparalleled explosion of interest and practice of servant-leadership. In several ways, it can truly be said that the times are only now beginning to catch up with Robert Greenleaf’s visionary call to servant-leadership. The purpose of this literature review paper is to understand the effectiveness of Greenleaf’s “servant-leadership” philosophy. Through motivation to lead, a need to serve, and empowering and developing people.... [tags: Leadership, Servant leadership, Management]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- David just came back from his lunch break with a big smile on his face. While at lunch, he had set up a “date” with his daughter that day after work. They tried to do this once a week as their own time. Once David returned, he read an email that was received while he was at lunch stating that everyone had to work mandatory overtime starting that day. He was upset that he would have to cancel his “date”. When his normal quiting time came, he noticed that almost all of the managers were on the way out of work.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Benchmark – Servant Leadership and Christianity Servant Leadership is a leadership style that have been around since Jesus introduced it during his teaching. His style have been tried again and it has proved to work. Different organizations have gravitated to this style of leadership and they have become one of the biggest companies in the United States of America. Example of the company that practice Servant leadership is Southwest Airlines. Southwest Airlines management have practiced servant leadership style that it is now their motto.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Servant leadership]
704 words (2 pages)
- The concept of servant leadership is one that many of today’s leaders struggle with, yet it is shown to be one of the more productive forms of leadership. The concept is really about the leader helping to grow their follower’s in a manner that involves empathy, listening skills, and compassion. Servant leadership is a way for leaders to connect with their teams and show that they understand the trials and tribulations that go along with the work. Think of an inverted pyramid. The leader is the point of the pyramid stabilizing the structure at its base.... [tags: Servant Leadership]
309 words (0.9 pages)