First of all, lust, thrill and comfort are three subtypes of hedonistic killers. A lust murderer is someone who killed because sex is the primary motive. They usually use weapons, such as knives or hands, to get close contact with their victims. Edmund Kemper, the Co-ed Killer, might be one great example of a lust killer. He wasn’t a rapist, but a murderer and necrophilia. He explained in one of his interviews that he had decided to have both a situation of rape and murder with no witnesses, Beroldingen confirms. The primary motive of a thrill killer, on the other hand, is to induce pain or terror in their victims, and enjoy the pleasure of seeing others suffered. Hence, the name speaks for itself. Rush killers murdered by hunting and killing, and their victims are usually strangers, although ...
... middle of paper ...
... redirect the development of serial killers if we can catch their signs early in childhood.
In short, there are three subtypes of hedonistic serial killers, in which they murdered because of lust, thrill or comfort. Thus, we need to study the brains and lives of every serial killer and psychopath from birth until death to be sure why they are what they are. Since there is no reasonable person could possibly rule out the importance of any one factor, one could believe it is a mixture of both a serial killer and psychopath. In my opinion, it is not realistic to think that all psychopaths and serial killers in the world can be saved, but some can be cured. If we can detect the signs and symptoms of serial killers early in their childhood, we may have a chance. Even though their brains may have abnormalities, we can change their environments to redirect their development.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Whether it is Jeffrey Dahmer, John Wayne Gacy, Ted Bundy, and person of the like, you may have a bad feeling about them due to their ill past. This is not due to an inner judgment of the person on your part, more than likely it is the media that has skewed your views of a serial killer. The news media is just playing their role in society and that is to inform people but they do so in a way that frightens people into coming back to view the media that they produce. The other types of media such as movies, television shows, radio stations, and books also portray serial killers as monsters to entertain people.... [tags: Serial killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- It is almost difficult to give a generalized description to profile all serial killers, nor is it easy to give an specific explanation in their motive to kill—varies in every serial killer experiences. Still, researchers introduce multiple typologies based on developed databases using past cases of serial killing. This is to help law enforcement authorities give possible idea by following patterns aiding to profile the serial killer(s) and the public to understand psychological these behaviors. Furthermore, Researchers, Ronald M.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Ted Bundy, Aileen Wuornos]
951 words (2.7 pages)
- His dead body was found in the woods near Daytona Beach, Florida, shot with a twenty two caliber rifle. “She ended up shooting six .22 caliber bullets into him” (McDuff 202). This is just one of the many catastrophes performed by a woman serial killer. Serial killers are a problem in the United States, murdering on average 2000 people each year (Indiana University np). “In fact, serial murder in the United States alone makes up more than three-quarters of the estimated world total” (Innes 5). Although women serial killers are not very common, they still have a huge impact on the death toll of innocent victims.... [tags: Crime & Punishment]
2402 words (6.9 pages)
- Nicknamed “the racist killer” James Clayton Vaughn Jr. killed more than fifteen people. He is a perfected example of what characterizes a mission type serial killer. He was a neo nazi and a member of the Ku Klux Klan and was motivated to kill interracial couples and Jewish people because of his hatred towards them and belief that they were inferior and destroying America. His desire to kill this demographic of people stemmed from his desire to incite a race war after reading Adolph Hitler’s Mein Kampf.... [tags: Serial killer, Murder, Ted Bundy]
1596 words (4.6 pages)
- Serial killer is a broad term to describe a large group of killers. Among this group are sadists, it is believed that sadists are the most dangerous, hard to catch, gruesome, killers that will and ever shall walk this planet, this is made possible by their occasionally inconsistent methods, motives and targets, their ability to blend in with everyday life, and in some cases their lack of any empathy toward the victim. To uncover the fearsome behaviors of sadistic killers we must define what sadism is, the definition of sadism is as follows “a sexual perversion in which gratification is obtained by the infliction of physical or mental pain on others (as on a love object)” (Sadism).... [tags: Serial killer, Murder, Crime, Jeffrey Dahmer]
1973 words (5.6 pages)
- Gruesome, cruel and heinous crimes unfortunately are committed by unstable, evil individuals who prey on innocent and vulnerable victims. Communities fall victim to panic and terrorization when high priority news headlines are announced regarding a crazed serial killer causing havoc in their area. Johnson & Becker (1997) state" members of society are captivated and at the same time delighted to hear and view the horrendous crimes and capabilities of serial killers." What exactly motivates these people to commit such horrendous acts of violence.... [tags: criminal profiles]
3094 words (8.8 pages)
- Serial killers have been on the rise in the United States for the last century. With this rise of cold-blooded killers, there also came a rise in individuals who are intrigued, or even obsessed, with these people who can kill with no remorse. Many Americans want to know what makes a serial killer tick. To find out, we may turn to television shows and movies such as Dexter or Silence of the Lambs. But the problem with conducting such limited research is that “nothing is exactly cut-and-dry with serial killers” (Bryant and Clark).... [tags: Serial killer, Psychopathy]
1237 words (3.5 pages)
- Serial Killers have been present all over the world for a very long time. They kill innocent people every day for nor reason. They commit murder after murder and still continue the process. In some cases determining if someone will be a serial killer is much harder than other cases. In the case of Andrew Cunanan who was a serial killer, had killed over four people in just one year. There was no evidence in his childhood that would predict he would be become a serial killer so it was very surprising to see how a little boy could transform into a murderer.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Andrew Cunanan]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- According to Culhane there are three or more victims, three or more incidents and an emotional “cooling off” period in between murders that are considered the three main characteristics in defining a serial murderer. Being a serial killer is hard work in their minds, but yet again it’s very easy to them just depending on if they are organized with their killings or unorganized with their killings, along with having a difference in their behaviors of which is which. Is it a serial murder or a serial killer.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer]
1424 words (4.1 pages)
- When it comes to serial killers the one thing that comes to mind are males. You don’t see many female serial killers its more males when it comes to that. People also may think that serial killers are individuals who kill a lot of people, but there’s more to being classified as a serial killer. These killers usually don 't know their victims and they almost always have "cooling off " periods between the murders, they also usually derive sexual excitement from the killings but there’s still more to being a serial killer.... [tags: Murder, Serial killer, Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer]
933 words (2.7 pages)