There are three aspects of the SOC Model of Aging, the first being selection, which refers to the developing and commitment to personal goals. Throughout the lifespan, individuals are presented with biological and social opportunities to use towards a set of lifetime goals. Selection can direct development, due to personal goals that guide and organize one 's behavior. Optimization focuses on behaviors that maximize the quality of life-based on the completion of desired goals and or the desired outcome of a goal. Optimization is goal-relevant, the means of a goal need to be acquired, applied and refined to be able to reach the desired goal. Optimization is very important in older adults because once a goal is accomplished, the older adult feels more accomplished and is happier with themselves than those who do not accomplish their desired goals. Lastly, compensation, which is essentially finding new strategies or ways around something if a loss were to occur or if a plan did not go as planned. An ex...
... middle of paper ...
...ore aware of what ageism is, and factors of aging that are both positive and negative, I find myself able to challenge the myths and stereotypes regarding older adulthood. It is because I am aware of them now, that I can work towards not becoming the “stereotypical old person.” There are many older adults who live healthy, active lives without portraying such stereotypes and are successful and happy with their aging, which is something I hope to have when I am older.
Now with more knowledge towards the aging process, I can say without a doubt that the SOC Model of Aging will become something I use on a daily basis. I am more aware and more conscious of the aging process and how to make my own aging positive and successful. If I set goals, manage my lifestyle in a healthy and happy way, and achieve my goals I can become the version of myself I have always wanted.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Compensation philosophy is basically official statement recording the organization position about employee compensation. This explains the “why” of employee pay and produces a framework for stability. Employers can benefit from this if open about their compensation philosophy and having a proper pay strategy (SHRM, 2015). The executive team and the human resources department are the ones that usually develop the compensation philosophy’s. The compensation plan is based on different factors, for example, the organizations financial position, the salary information, the size of the company, and the level complexity in discovering qualified people based on the economy.... [tags: Employment, Employment compensation, Insurance]
782 words (2.2 pages)
- Student’s Name: Professor’s Name: Course Code: Date: SCM 4385: Optimization Tools Wal-Mart’s Background The retail industry is one of the most promising industries, as more retailers continue venturing into the global market. According to Blanchard, Comm, and Mathaisel, Wal-Mart is the largest retailer in the world as a result of its efficient supply chain (166). Wal-Mart deals with groceries, apparel, and music among other retailer goods. Since Wal-Mart is a giant retailer, it deals with products manufactured or processed by other business.... [tags: Retailing, Supply chain management, Supply chain]
1717 words (4.9 pages)
- Introduction the construction industry is notorious of overrunning budget and delays. there are several real life examples of the aforesaid failures. It is argued that planning is the key for success or failure. Eisenhower the former U.S president in his famous quote said "In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable". The planning is divided to three levels starting from the strategic planning, tactical planning and operational planning. Organisations' success is dependent of the formulation of good planning and aligning the planning levels from the top all the way down.... [tags: construction industry, planners, projects]
917 words (2.6 pages)
- Abstract Search engine optimization is basically the technical regulations that allow search engines to browse web pages more efficiently and accurately. It is usually abbreviated as SEO. With the widespread use of internet, SEO is gaining more importance day by day. Being aware of this fact, webmasters are determining their strategy in consideration of SEO. Therefore it is important to have a grasp of SEO in order to better understand and use the internet search engines. This paper aims to demonstrate the basics of this popular phenomenon SEO and by this way the reader will have a better comprehension of internet search engines.... [tags: World Wide Web, Search engine optimization]
705 words (2 pages)
- In this time in age, depression is not a very wonderful thing to have. Depression is a mood disorder that can cause a persistent of sadness and loss of interest. But, there are many ways fight depression and the most commonly way is taking antidepressants. Antidepressants are pills that people take to basically, make their brain smile and happy. There are many different types of antidepressants such as: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), Serotonin and nonrepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), Trycyclic antidepressants (TCAs) and many more.... [tags: Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- Incentive based compensation plans are one of the most conversed topics organizations that have been dealing with for quite some time. There have been several philosophies, formulas, and plans used but in the end, each type of plan has created unfavorable and optimistic results. The questions have always been whether the positive that comes from incentives plans are worth the challenges they create. In examining some of the plans that offer individuals, team based, and long-term incentives, they all vary in different ways that they are applicable, administered and designed, and beneficial to the organization’s objectives.... [tags: planning, financial performance, compensation]
586 words (1.7 pages)
- Fair and equitable compensation is an important concern for all employers. To attract and retain employees, organizations must have an adequate compensation and benefits program in place. Employers go to great lengths in developing a compensation program so employees feel appreciated in the work they are performing. Job analysis and market studies are conducted regularly to compare competitor’s compensation and benefits programs. These studies ensure equivalency in pay by the job being performed, as well as paying skilled employees adequately.... [tags: Employment, Employment compensation, Wage]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- Managing Compensation Systems In our current business environment, there are several types of compensation programs for employers to choose from, and numerous combinations of these programs. Each plan is valid and valuable, but different companies, departments, and positions require different compensation plans. No matter what compensation program a company chooses, the program should balance internal equity and marketplace competitiveness. Before choosing a compensation program, a company should evaluate its culture and needs and perform a SWOT analysis before designing a roll out program.... [tags: Business Environment, Compensation Programs]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- When a company hires a new Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the company must decide how to compensate the CEO. There are many ways of compensating CEOs, and they all have advantages and disadvantages. These can include things such as salaries, stock options, bonuses, and other benefits. How the company decides to arrange all the things for its CEO can be very crucial to the company’s success. One of the most interesting decision the company must make is whether to give its CEO a golden parachute, and what the company decides to offer as a compensation package, can be one of the most important decision the board of a company makes.... [tags: Executive compensation, Chief executive officer]
1057 words (3 pages)
- For Sunan Pty Ltd to have a successful float, a detailed and well thought out compensation governance needs to be developed. The following recommendations have been built create a compensation package to help maximise shareholder interest for Sunan Pty Ltd. PRINCIPLES OF REMUNERATION Remuneration packages should be created to attract executives capable of motivating people, communicating a vision, and leading a company to success to achieving long-term shareholder value ***** Remuneration packages should reward success over short and long term periods with an emphasis on the long term ***** Remuneration packages should be fair to all stakeholders of the business REMUNERATION COMMITTEE T... [tags: Business Compensation Payroll]
1211 words (3.5 pages)