Buying a computer can be fun, expensive, and a complex process. Today’s generation, everyone wants a laptop computer with the best performance, but many will ask themselves, what about cost? How big of a screen should I get? Will it be too big or too small? How many ports do I need? What operating system do I need? Should I get a touch screen? What about internet? Do I need to buy software?
When buying a laptop computer you should consider first, what am I going to be using it for? This should determine what you will need in a laptop. If you are on the go and need one for school or work, weight will be a big issue. How light or heavy do you want it? There are three types of style weights: Ultraportable (<1kg-1.5kg), mid weight (1.5kg-4kg), and desktop replacements (4kg and heavier). Ultraportable is very thin and feather-light weight. This would be best for on the go and has a good battery life. A heavier laptop would be best for all kinds of users but mostly, best for gamers. The battery life is not as well as a thinner laptop. (Simms)
You should also consider what size of a laptop you want. Remember the smaller the laptop, the smaller the keyboard and screen. Small laptops can be handy when it comes to caring it around, but when you want to type and see things it can become a bother. (eBay)
Figure 1 Difference between Laptop, Notebook, Netbook, Tablet PC and Ultrabook
An operating system can be a difficult decision when buying a laptop. You really do not know what you need or like until you have used it. Windows 7 is very common throughout schools and offices. Windows 8 is great for home and entertainment use. Windows 8 is also easier to use if you have a touch screen. Depending on what ...
... middle of paper ...
eBay. 8 Essential Features Every Tablet Buyer Should Look For. Research. Unknown: eBay Inc., 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2013.
Ragaza, Laarni Almendrala. "PCMAG.com." Top 10 Best Laptops (2013): 1. Web. 22 Nov. 2013.
Shelly, Gary B. and Misty E. Vermaat. Microsoft Office 2010: Introductory. Boston: Course Technology, 2011. Text.
Simms, Craig. "13 Things you need to know to buy the perfect laptop." 8 Jan. 2013. CNET. Web. 22 Nov. 2013.
Wikipedia. Wi-Fi Wikipedia. 16 Nov. 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2013.
Windows, Microsoft. Windows. 22 Nov. 2013. Web. 22 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There a tremendous secret, or scheme some may say, that computer companies do not want to tell their customers when there is a need to replace a particular part for your personal laptop. The secret that major computer companies do not want to induce to the population is that they outrageously overcharge people to replace a fractured screen on a laptop that could be easily done by a non-professional. For instance, major companies like Dell and HP would approximately charge their customers between 100-300 dollars to simply replace a fracture laptop screen.... [tags: Laptop, Personal computer, Liquid crystal display]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- Terms and Conditions Please read and fully understand our Terms and Conditions before agreeing to swap or trade-in your laptop, tablet or phone. By completing a valuation form and clicking submit, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms. Failure to accept our terms and conditions will result in us not being able to accept your laptop, tablet or phone. Legal Age You must be capable of entering into a legally binding contract. Outstanding Finance There must be no outstanding finance on the equipment to any third party.... [tags: Laptop, Personal computer, Solid-state drive]
711 words (2 pages)
- So, you finally managed to get that laptop computer you 've been dreaming of for the last 5 years. Never mind that you had to beg, borrow and almost steal to raise the money for it and give up your favorite latte for months now-the laptop is yours. And you plan to make good use of it. If you are a college student, your laptop will be your constant companion when you rush from class to class. Just think of how much more readable the notes you take on it will be than the incoherent notes you usually take.... [tags: Personal computer, Laptop, Desktop computer]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- In another study, Professor Joyce Hargis who has her Ph.D. in Science Education and instructor Kathleen Schofield publish their scholarly article where they study the effects of laptop computers on elementary student attitude and achievement. The purpose of this study is to provide data and conclusions for the correlation of laptop use and students’ achievement and attitude. Another purpose is to determine potential gender differences when using laptop computers, and comparing various outcomes of laptop use compared to students who do not use laptop computers.... [tags: Laptop, Personal computer, Primary school]
1164 words (3.3 pages)
- Dell, Hp, and Toshiba laptops are a few of the names known in the computer world. To choose the right brand of computer to satisfy your needs have always been the main point in the selection. Factors such as the amounts in memory and the longevity of battery life play a role when picking your computer. With a narrow focus on the needs for students, the factors to consider are the weight of the laptop; battery life; specifications; and price (Bloglines.com). Keeping these factors in mind during the selection process will help you find the ideal notebook.... [tags: Laptops, HP,]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- I received my first laptop computer at the young age of seven, I can remember that day almost as if it were yesterday. That day was truly a surprise, and I believe that event has sculpted who I am today. The day started out as any other summer day, me playing with toys in my room, my mother cooking, and my father outside doing who knows what with the garden. I proceeded to play with my toys for a few hours until lunch was ready, we had chicken tenders that day. After we had finished eating lunch my mother went to check the mail, and i decided to go with her.... [tags: laptops, memories,]
683 words (2 pages)
- Purchasing a Laptop Today’s world is full of technology, new things are created every day to make life easier and to keep people entertained. For the companies that create this technology it is a constant battle to stay on top of the newest trends of today’s people. With the growing popularity of Facebook, Myspace and Twitter even more people are looking for technology to help them access these things. The days of the “Old School” monitors and towers are all but forgotten. Monitors these days measure roughly one inch in width, far smaller than the once popular (now referred to as) dinosaur monitors.... [tags: battery life, tablets, innovation]
864 words (2.5 pages)
- A Little Goes a Long Way There are a lot of things to consider when choosing to invest in something such as a computer. Things like size, colour, and company name are all things one might consider. A major component in choosing which computer to buy is also price. People will want to get the best quality laptop for the least amount of money they have to invest in it. When a customer buys a computer, they expect that they are getting the best deal from their provider. However, some companies may choose to sell the computers for a higher price than they need to be.... [tags: Morality, Ethics, Moral, Value]
1203 words (3.4 pages)
- 4. best student laptop 2010 http://www.amazon.com/UL80Vt-A1-14-Inch-Light-Laptop-Battery/dp/B002Q8HK7K/ref=pd_ts_e_17?ie=UTF8&s=electronics The Asus UL80Vt-A1 is great for any student to carry because of its slim and stylish design. The sides are chiseled in to make the look and feel of the laptop even thinner making it appear to be more portable. The UL80Vt-A1 promises to never let you down with the extended battery life. It allows you to stay Powered up in your classes for up to 10 hours. Enjoy YouTube videos on the 14-inch 1366 x 768 glossy display with bright and sharp quality.... [tags: Product Review]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- "Technology is like fish. The longer it stays on the shelf, the less desirable it becomes." (1) Since the dawn of computers, there has always been a want for a faster, better technology. These needs can be provided for quickly, but become obsolete even quicker. In 1981, the first "true portable computer", the Osborne 1 was introduced by the Osborne Computer Corporation. (2) This computer revolutionized the way that computers were used and introduced a brand new working opportunity. The Osborne Computer Corporation was founded in 1980 by Adam Osborne.... [tags: Technology Laptop ]
854 words (2.4 pages)