The expansion of wireless networks has abundantly increased in corporate and home environments in the last decade. Wireless networking cards have been installed on many devices such as laptops, tablets, smartphones, and even kitchen’s devices. Wireless network technology offers many advantages because of the increased accessibility of information resources. The popularity of wireless networks is primarily due to their convenience, cost efficiency, and ease of integration with network components. Even though wireless networking technology has many benefits, it also has its share of disadvantages. When new cyber-attacks are created they can potentially threaten the security of a wireless...
... middle of paper ...
... (Rapp, 2013).
In order for a network to be protected against evil twin attacks, using public hotspots for banking, shopping, and simple browsing should be avoided. Users should connect to virtual private networks (VPNs) and make sure their devices have Wi-Fi protected access (WPA) or wired equivalent privacy (WEP) encryption to safeguard data when using a wireless network. A WEP and WPA are both firewall encryption protocols that helps protects a network from security threats. Keeping wireless network technology off until it is needed is also a way to keep the network protected by disabling wireless networks when the user is not logged on or is not active on the network (Ohlhorst, 2010). Disabling wireless network adapters will stop cyber-criminals from trying to gain access of the network and will keep the users in the “know” while they are actively on the network
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technological advances continue to evolve as entities strive for improved technology for the conduct of various operations. According to Ljungquist (2014), technological innovations and advances are a necessity and organizations need to adjust to these changes. However, technological accessibility increases vulnerabilities and other potential security issues that may arise and cause damage to organizations, individuals, and technological systems (Shahriar & Zulkernine, 2012). Due to the advancement of technology and security vulnerabilities, the increased need to protect information that is used to store, process, analyze, and/or access information is needed (Ransbotham, Mitra, & Ramsey, 201... [tags: Computer security, Security, Technology]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- INTERNET OF THINGS Security, threats, vulnerabilities INTRODUCTION There is so many things about security issues, vulnerabilities and the threats in the Internet Of Things(IOT). There is number of growing IOT attacks and some attacks are able to exploit vulnerabilities in the underlying Linux-based operating systems found in several IoT devices and routers In this we’ll review security incidents and vulnerability to build an model of the threat environment. We’ll learned from these incidents, highlight common threats and identify attack patterns.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Access control]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- With the increasingly ubiquitous nature of mobile devices and online availability, including smartphones and tablets, there is also an understandable concern about the level of security that is afforded to such devices. This can be considered as increasingly important given the proliferation of policies such as BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) which is being used by diverse organizations as a way of lowering the cost of ownership for such devices while also leveraging the flexibility advantages that their utilization can bring.... [tags: master key, cyber criminals, android malware]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- Abstract This paper focusses on the analysis of the importance of the security baselines by critically looking at the significance of this security baselines on the computer operating system, application system, and various computer network components. This paper, therefore, strives to provide the organizations that do not have security guidelines in place reasons to adopt them by clearly laying down the benefits that will trickle down to them and the security risks they will be protected against.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The implementation phases seen in figure instead represented a flow of activities in the security program. The security program cycle involves in establishing information security requirements, taming the employee to know their responsibility by the requirements, built the authority structures to ensure Program compliance, and monitor and reporting of growth. This cycle helps in implementing the security program. 4.1 Intentional Goals for Security Program Implementation The goals for security program implementation are as follows Goal 1: Approve, Develop, and Promote of security Collaboration with many organizations will lead to approve, develop and promote the security policies of i... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
2015 words (5.8 pages)
- Mobile security, also called wireless security, refers to the protection of laptops, tablets, and smartphones, other computing devices as well as the networks they connect to from vulnerabilities and threats which are related to wireless computing. Mobile security is a broad term that entails several issues such as protecting a mobile device from malware threat, reducing risks and also securing the mobile device and its data in the incidences of theft, accidental loss of the device or unauthorized access.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Abstract In this report, the author endeavours to present the how the security issues generally presented on the B2C web sites can assured by technical controls and educating customers. The report presents levels of end-to-end security components that include: physical system security, operating system security and network security. With advent of web applications that are now being used extensively for deploying e-commerce applications, author also presented the web security threat profile of web services that is currently an active research topic.... [tags: Web Security]
2555 words (7.3 pages)
- ... Vulnerabilities include lack of redundancy and back-ups, inadequate network management, lack of planning and implementation of communications cabling and inadequate incident handling (Mongie 2009). In addition to the threats and vulnerabilities inherited with wired local area networks (LAN) there are many more risks associated with the use of wireless and mobile technologies. The use of laptops, smartphones, and tablets create vulnerabilities that can fall outside our network securities measure.... [tags: medication, duties, threats, physical]
1919 words (5.5 pages)
- The Department of Homeland Security has a prominent role in maintaining the safety, security and resilience of our nation. In a world where terrorism is an ever-increasing threat and where man-made and natural disasters have left people and areas in devastation, the Department of Homeland Security works diligently to prevent and protect the United States from the effects of such tragedy. In order to effectively protect our nation Department of Homeland Security must assess the risk associated with any terrorist, natural or man-made threat.... [tags: Risk management, Risk, Management, Security]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Change Management plans plays pivotal role in information security to mitigate risks by allowing an organization to operate efficiently. With the rise in network attacks and social networking attacks, organizations and mostly Chief Security Officers (CSO’s) are reluctant to review their security policies and to secure their IT systems in order to avoid exposure to reputational risk. In addition, with the change in the organizational hierarchy and new products in demand, it is equally important for organizations to review change management plans by being adhered to the NIST security standards.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1336 words (3.8 pages)
- The United Nations And The Treaty Of Versailles
- Article Review On Sexual Harassment
- White Town Law Office Of A Family Friend
- Is It Inherent For Associate The Elderly With Mothballs And Bingo?
- The Remaking American Medicine : Video Provided A Devastating Medical Errors
- The Revolution Of Nicaragua Has Changed My Life