Computer security covers all the processes and mechanisms by which digital equipment, information and services are protected from unintended or unauthorized access and the process of applying security measures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data both in transit and at rest. Computer systems by definition can include a very wide variety of smart devices, including smartphones, televisions and tablets. Computer networks include the Internet and private data servers, and can include communication methods such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and hard land lines. Devices come in all shape and size and can connect through a wide variety of methods. All of these network devices are vulnerable to numerous threats from hackers or malicious society’s intent to gather data or cause chaos.
Cyberspace and its entire underlying infrastructure are vulnerable to a wide range of attacks stemming from both physical and software based. These cyber-terrorists exploit vulnerabi...
... middle of paper ...
...d to try and pass on the knowledge of the senior operators, but if we have the intelligence on this operation, we need to try and take it apart and prevent the communication between the individuals.
Businesses need to provide basic internet security training for employees. This can help for employee’s action at work and this knowledge can be carried over to the home to help secure their computers. Once our knowledge base is brought up to the rest of the world, then the attacks can be prevented. Also, people can be trained to recognize actions as a possible terrorist act or communication online. The government can use the people already using the app or playing the game to report possible terrorist communication. This would cut down on the amount of man hours the government would have allocated to this project and reallocate the man hours to other significant matters.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Computers have become a part of our life. They are playing an important role almost in everything such as business, education, banking, medical sector, and so on. However, in order to protect all this information, we really need to have a good computer security. Why computer security is very important in our life. Here we go, Cybercrime is one of the greatest threats that is facing in the United States, and this has become an enormous implications for our national security, economic and so on.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- Computer Security Computer security is an important issue and threats to the computer must be countered through various access controls and safety measures. Authorized accesses, avoidance of malicious software, prevention of applications from hackers are the steps that make a system secure. The fundamentals of computer security include an understanding of security policy stating laws, practices and regulations to manage and protect sensitive information. Enforcing a devised security policy and assurance of policy implementation are other important aspects of computer security.... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Authorization]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Abstract This paper focusses on the analysis of the importance of the security baselines by critically looking at the significance of this security baselines on the computer operating system, application system, and various computer network components. This paper, therefore, strives to provide the organizations that do not have security guidelines in place reasons to adopt them by clearly laying down the benefits that will trickle down to them and the security risks they will be protected against.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The first entry point for the APT was the employee’s home computer systems, through reconnaissance there was a known operational VPN linked to the LAN of the WI power grid computer network. The VPN was exploited through weak authentication captured by spoofing the victims SSID and using a man-in-the-middle attack to capture all traffic on the victim’s computer. Furthermore, other incriminating evidence was captured which was used to blackmail and recruit the insider. After, exploiting the log-on credentials, the APT installed RATs on the corporate network to monitor and have a persistence presence within the network.... [tags: Computer security, Security]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Robust information systems and communication networks have become essential in social and economic development across the world. Networking and computing are currently utilities in the same way as water supplies and electricity. For this reason, the safety and availability of information communication systems are becoming of increasing concern. Computer security is essential to any institution and government agency and with the ever-increasing rates of computer-related crimes, it is essential to establish security program capable of preventing the impact of such threats.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Reasonable Security Standard A “reasonable security” standard can provide specific requirements that every operation of an information system is to ensure protection of data as well as networking communication of hardware and software. The development of a reasonable security standard should be a collaboration of developments that’s derived from the industry and the government. The key is to provide a basic security standard for all information systems across industries that can be rightfully implemented and governed throughout the country.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Technology development has induced different aspects that are used in computer software and hardware systems. The major consideration is achievement of the users’ safety and preventing their private information from being accessed by the third party. The criminals seek to get the passwords to the vital information and hence through the developed computer system development and technology, they have been using their expertise in vandalizing people’s accounts. It is advisable for the users to have different strong password that defines their accounts in order to protect their privacy (Kangas, 2003).... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, Cryptography]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Mobile security, also called wireless security, refers to the protection of laptops, tablets, and smartphones, other computing devices as well as the networks they connect to from vulnerabilities and threats which are related to wireless computing. Mobile security is a broad term that entails several issues such as protecting a mobile device from malware threat, reducing risks and also securing the mobile device and its data in the incidences of theft, accidental loss of the device or unauthorized access.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Within the systems support and security phase, IT personnel maintains, enhances, and protects the system1. Security controls safeguard the information system from external and internal threats. A well-constructed system has to be secure, scalable, reliable, and maintainable. Systems support and security implements vital protection as well as maintaining services for software, hardware, along with enterprise computing systems, corporate IT infrastructure, networks, and transaction processing systems.... [tags: enterprise computing systems]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Antivirus Protection A company’s network is intertwined with every employee’s private computer. Even in instances where the company has instituted security policies. Employees will undoubtedly carry work home or bring disks from home or use thumb drives; additionally, personal email will very often have attachments that could endanger the company network. Lets say for example that the company network is protected by Norton antivirus, but the employees personal computers are not, and they are continually taking work home and swapping storage devices between secure and unsecure devices that may carry viruses that may not be detected and become a threat to the company network.... [tags: Secure Network Virus Protection]
1116 words (3.2 pages)