In today’s world, Data Spill is such an event that the highly unlikely or impossible happens. Data Security is known as shielding an organized body of related information, also called as database security.
It is known as Data breach, when the secure information is exposed to the environment that is not trusted. It is occurring repeatedly at many places and the count goes on.
The apprehension is this data breach leads to a huge loss to the organization in all aspects. One of the worst data spill is, Sony’s Play Station Network in the year 2011. The impact affecting 77 million Play Station Network accounts hacked.
In the same year, another major data leak happened to RSA Security leading to close to forty million employee records stolen.
In 2008, Heartland Payment Systems faced data loss when their 134 million credit cards broke through SQL inoculation when asked to install a spyware on their systems.
WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED BEFORE?
Many organizations had gone through these disasters, dropping their reputation and financial...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Description Securing a patient’s data is one of the key ethical issues that govern medical practitioners. When dealing with patients, physicians collect, store, analyze and present a patient’s information and the security of this information is a liability. Efficient service delivery in healthcare provision calls for information security. Medical practitioners have a patient’s much private information that needs delicate handling. This paper is a description of our family doctor’s office, Dr. Mackenzie, methods used to analyze his clinic, analysis findings and a recommendation chapter on how the doctor will improve the security of a patient 's information in his hands.... [tags: Physician, Patient, Mobile phone, Medicine]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Missing Some Graphs Handling Data Coursework Introduction This is based on fictional data on a school called Mayfield high school. I will be comparing two variables I have chosen to compare the relationship between the height and weight of the pupils in the school. It will be involving the following year groups seven, eight and nine. The data that I have been given to me is a secondary source, which was provided to me by teacher which was from the internet. The data has provided me with each pupils name, age, year group, height, hair and eye color, and the distance from home to school, traveling method, number of brothers and sisters and KS2 results.... [tags: Data Handling Statistics]
6189 words (17.7 pages)
- Data Handling In this coursework, I shall investigate whether there is a correlation between the height and weight of students at fictional school, Mayfield High. I expect there to be a positive correlation between the height and the weight of the students as it would make sense if the taller someone was, the heavier they would be. I am going to investigate the differences between each year, and between male and female overall. I am doing this for a number of reasons. Firstly, the range in the higher years is likely to be lower because a lot of people have finished growing, or have passed their optimum growth rate.... [tags: Papers]
1812 words (5.2 pages)
- Data Handling Introduction My task is to take a tabloid newspaper and a broadsheet newspaper, and compare either the number of letters per word, the number of words per sentence or the number of sentences per paragraph. I have decided to compare the number of words per sentence (not including captions) as I feel this will give better results than the other two. To do this I will take 100 sentences, and count the number of words in them. I have chosen to use 100 sentences as I think that this will give accurate readings without going over the top.... [tags: Papers]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Data Handling Introduction In this project I will investigate the correlation between various sets of information from a database of pupils from High School. I will try to spot correlation between two different sets of information. I will pick only sets of information that I predict to show good correlation, and therefor tell me something about the data. Example, I will be able to say that girls are more intelligent that boys or vice versa if the correlation shows that to be.... [tags: Papers]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Handling Data My Hypothesis is that 'Boys in Year 10 are better at estimating lengths of straight lines than Boys in Year 7'. The factors that influence the accuracy of estimation are children in Year 10 are more mature than children in Year 7. On average Children in Year 10 are more intelligent than children in Year 7. This probably would be because Year 10 students have studied subjects into further depth than children in Year 7. METHOD To verify this I will do a sample of the boys in our school.... [tags: Papers]
677 words (1.9 pages)
- Data Handling Project This Data Handling Project is looking at a database based in Excel where there is data from Key Stage 3 and 4 from High School. This data consists of several columns containing both Quantative and Qualitative Information. Examples of this data are: Â· Year Group Â· Name; Surname, Forename 1 and Forename 2 Â· Age in Months and Years Â· Month of Birthday Â· Gender Â· Hair Colour Â· Eye Colour Â· Left/Right Handed Â· Favourite Colour Â· Average number of Hours TV Watched per week Â· SATS Results etcâ€¦ In this project I am going to make up several Hypothesises that I will use the data from the Data Base to help m... [tags: Papers]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Data Handling Project In this piece of coursework I am investigating how the weight of a sample of pupils can be affected by various factors e.g. age, gender, height etc. I have chosen to compare the weights with the three factors listed above: age, gender and height and throughout this investigation I am aiming to show that weight of a certain group of people may be affected by certain factors and that other factors may have no affect on the weight at all. Plan: I have been given a survey on all the pupils in ‘Mayfield School’.... [tags: Papers]
580 words (1.7 pages)
- Data Handling Project Aim I aim to investigate in the following project whether the mileage of a motorbike will affect the percentage depreciation of the motorbike, and eventually using the information I have, find out which model of bike will be the cheapest for a certain amount of miles that the user will expect to travel. E.g. if a cyclist is expecting to use his bike until it had travelled X number of miles which make of motorbike would be he cheapest. The information below is what I am going to investigate in order to make a thorough conclusion:- Number Price Price when new Age Make Mileage Engine size 1 7000 11500... [tags: Papers]
1061 words (3 pages)
- Data-Handling Project Introduction Mayfield High school is a secondary school for pupils age 11-16. I will be doing a data-handling project and have been asked to investigate the relationship between height and weight of 30 random students of year 10 and 11. This includes boys and girls. Hypothesis ========== My hypothesis is that the taller the students the heavier the person will weight. My reasons for choosing this is because I hear a lot of people saying that this statement is correct and want to find out myself.... [tags: Papers]
1644 words (4.7 pages)