Nowadays, almost all companies and admirations are depending on storing data in central servers in order to make it easy for users to access their personal data. A huge amount of personal data is collected to servers in various fields such as hospitals, insurance corporations, organizations, etc. Because of the convent these servers provide, many people are requesting from internet companies to store their data and make it reliable and accessible through the internet in several platforms all the time. Moreover, the amount number of information systems constantly collecting personal data on servers is growing very fast. Most advanced countries are using some systems that relay mainly on centralization such as Electronic Health Record systems, vehicle and public tracking systems, systems applying e-government procedures for instance, scholarship folders, identity cards, social security covers, income taxes, and etc. Besides, people need to deal with these applications in a daily life because of the way companies, businesses and governments enforcing them in their systems. As a matter of fact, people expect their data to be available in the Internet all the time and easy to manage. Many of these applications are provided to the users for free and not requiring the user to be a computer expert to use it. Meanwhile, the amount of digital user data is growing such as bank statements, insurance forms and phone bill. Generally, main servers will keep a copy of these personal data and send a secondary copy to the user, which is end up in servers in order to make it convince for users to access anytime. However, these benefits that centralize servers provide are primari...
... middle of paper ...
...MS. Furthermore, it is important to sign the documents themselves in order to demonstrate that they are authenticated. PKI infrastructure is implemented to make the predefined access control policies trusted by authenticating all users.
Figure 6: PDS generic software, application, and database
This paper proposed totally a new way of securing personal data. Proposing an intuitive approach of giving a user a full control of managing and sharing his sensitive data. Hopefully, the appearance of this new device is going to open up new horizons of protecting and managing of users’ personal data. In fact, this new vision proposed in this paper is considered as the first proposal in this direction. This paper clearly addresses the initial design of Personal Data Server (PDS) and explains in details some important obstacles that associated to it .
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Almost every year a hurricane blast through Florida and takes its toll on the business, industry and affects the lives and dollars of the company and its workers. One can ask themselves, "How do we prevent this from happening again?" This is usually what businesses and persons affected by a hurricane ask each other. What about a hospital. How would a hospital prepare for a hurricane. To complicate things more, how would a hospital prepare for a hurricane if the hospital is to operate 24 hours a day.... [tags: Hurricane Natural Disaster Data Information]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Data privacy refers to the sensitive information that individuals, organizations or other entities would not like to expose to the external world. For example, medical records can be one kind of privacy data. Privacy data usually contain sensitive information that is very important to its owner and should be processed carefully. Data privacy is not equal to data security. Data security ensures that data or information systems are protected from invalid operations, including unauthorized access, use, exposure, damage, modification, copy, deletion and so on.... [tags: Data, Data analysis, Data mining, Data management]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Introduction A vision is a statement that paints an idealized picture of what an organization wants to become. Jick (2002) offers a similar definition. He calls it, “an attempt to articulate what a desired future for a company would look like” (p. 142). Although many definitions for vision are similar, the effects visions have on organizations vary. For some the vision is an agent of change, for others it is a source of confusion. The difference lies in certain elements of the vision, and how the leader implements the vision throughout the organization.... [tags: Business, Constructing a Vision Statement]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Data processing can be defined as the gathering of information, which is then adjusted and made into meaningful information for potential data analysis. There are several types of data processing such as manual data processing, automatic data processing, and electronic data processing. Data processing systems take the raw data and produce useful information. Our processing teams handle a lot of these responsibilities. For example, when we are billed invoices from our vendors, the invoices are scanned into the systems.... [tags: data processing, data resources]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Data Warehouse Paper Databases have become a part of everyday operations at most companies and organizations. Databases have given these businesses the ability to manage information for use in a structured manner and have improved their overall operations. One problem has developed due to the creation of many different databases within the same organization or company. These businesses have numerous databases within their computer systems, but the data in these databases is not linked or associated to any of the other databases within the businesses.... [tags: Database Business Data]
816 words (2.3 pages)
- Data Discussion Paper This paper will cover many aspects of data as it applies to computer usage, storage, performance, input, and output devices. First, I will discuss methods of data input and which would be best for various situations. Then, I will talk about methods of output and which devices would work best in several different situations keeping in mind that convenience and quality are very important in output devices.... [tags: Data Database Technology Computer]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- As server virtualisation assumes a greater role in the enterprise, administrators face a proliferation of virtual machines residing on the same physical server. Each virtual machine uses a portion of the physical machine's processing, memory and I/O resources. Ideally, server virtualisation provides a means of increasing hardware utilisation. But as more "logical" servers are consolidated into fewer "physical" computer systems, it's important to protect each virtual machine's data against failure or loss.... [tags: Process Server Computer Technology]
1982 words (5.7 pages)
- DATA INPUT METHODS: Printed questionnaires – Depending on the type of questionnaires some form of optical data reading dives would be the best method. An OMR or Optical Mark Reader can be used in conjunction with special paper called mark sense form in order to easily input data from questionnaires where people just simply mark their answer from an already defined set of answers to a question. Another type of optical data reading that can be used with questionnaires is called OCR or optical character reader.... [tags: Data]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- Mission, Vision, and Values Paper Introduction I am considering the company I work for Lockheed Martin to develop a modified strategic plan that will focus on responding to the United States government's and Department of Defense's (DoD) new "Network Centricâ initiatives. Lockheed Martin's Corp. is a publicly traded private corporation that provides high technology products and services to the United States government, DoD, and other international governments. Lockheed Martin is the largest defense contractor in the US with a branding statement "Our brand means qualityâ and a company slogan of "We never forget who we work forâ.... [tags: Business]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Blade Servers INTRODUCTION The internet boom in the late 90’s was the triggering event that created the need for blade servers. It is a fast growing market that emerged recently. Dell’s PowerEdge 1655MC, the IBM eServer Blade Center, and Hewlett-Packard’s (HP’s) ProLiant BL20p G2 are few examples that uses blade servers. WHAT IS A BLADE SERVER This is the first question I asked myself when this topic was assigned to me. Blade servers. A server is a computer that supports applications and telecommunications in a network, as well as the sharing of peripheral devices, software, and databases among the workstations in the network.... [tags: Computers Technology Essays]
1058 words (3 pages)