First World Bank Savings and Loans will need to have a secure file storage server. Along with a secure web server, database server. The bank will also need to provide layered security to make sure that they keep their customer confidential information from being compromised. This is an outline along with an executive summary to meet the needs.
From my experience in the IT filed and what I have learned throughout my education and from making my own mistake a file server needs to have a strong antivirus program installed along with a strong firewall rules on the server. Also this antivirus program needs to run alongside the other services that are on the network while providing same time protection when working with a Samba server. In addition the virus program will need to be able to protect individual workstations. The network will need to have multi-layered protection for the file servers that is running the Linux OS. The antivirus program needs to protects the server in real-time.
Throughout my career in the IT I filed I realized that having a strong firewall rule will allow and restrict users and only allowing them to view their data. Hackers or hacking programs will have a hard time to manipulate or viewing the data through the web Interface.
You will need to have access to the various files on the file system. This will be accomplished through Network File System NFS which is accessed by using the Secure Socket Layer. NFS enables the remote user to mount a file system on a remote computer. The remote user will then be able access any of the files on that remote file system. The server and client do not have to use the same operating system, but the client system needs to have an NFS client that is compatible with the NF...
... middle of paper ...
...rough the client this type of attack can gain unauthorized access to a database.("DB Attacks," ) Other type of attacks that can be used against a database is a user getting another privilege user writes. Also social engineering is another way for unauthorized user can get access. To combat these kinds of attacks the administrator needs to train all user on different types of attacks.
Harutyunyan, G. G. (2011). [How To] Securing SSH Connection. Retrieved 05/23/2014, from http://linuxconfig.net/manual-howto/how-to-securing-ssh-connection.html
Rhodes, T. (2014). Security TC Wrappers. In Security. Retrieved from http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/tcpwrappers.html
Rouse, M. (2005). SSH. Retrieved from http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/definition/Secure-Shell
Top 10 database attacks. (). Retrieved from http://www.bcs.org/content/conwebdoc/8852
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Security is a top most issue in cloud computing busi-ness model followed by privacy, availability and compli-ance. Data security is the main concern among organiza-tions, especially in shared, multi-tenant environment. In a shared environment, technologies are needed to effi-ciently isolate data and workload. We present different security issues in table no 1. Description Issues No Use elastic to prevent DDos attacks Availability of service 1 Protect data by encryption Data confi-dentiality 2 Improve virtual machine supports, flash disk and virtual unit scheduling support HPC application Performance 3 Data backup/achieve, rapid hard disk, higher bandwidth LAN switch, Data transfer bottlenec... [tags: Cloud Computing Security]
2874 words (8.2 pages)
- Are cloud storage solutions irrelevant for a large organisation of 1,500 staff. What is cloud storage. Cloud storage is the storage of data online in the cloud. The data is maintained, managed and backed up on a remote server by a cloud storage service provider. It is made available to users over a network, normally the internet. There are three main cloud storage models: • Public cloud storage is a cloud storage model that allows companies and individuals to store edit and manage data. This is based on a remote cloud server and is accessed over the internet.... [tags: storage capacity, local storage]
1651 words (4.7 pages)
- Secure Personal Data Servers: a Vision Paper 1. INTORDUCTION Nowadays, almost all companies and admirations are depending on storing data in central servers in order to make it easy for users to access their personal data. A huge amount of personal data is collected to servers in various fields such as hospitals, insurance corporations, organizations, etc. Because of the convent these servers provide, many people are requesting from internet companies to store their data and make it reliable and accessible through the internet in several platforms all the time.... [tags: central servers, securing personal data ]
2397 words (6.8 pages)
- The nature of our business requires us to have a flexible sales force. Because of that detail we need to be receptive to the needs of our mobile workforce. The most critical tool involved in their success is the ability to reliably connect and access our company networks. These connections can be from employees using company issued laptops or personal computers used from home or on the road. For the most part we have addresses the needs of our sales force on a case by case basis but going forward we really need to ensure we have a defined policy to streamline remote access.... [tags: windows server, network access]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Cloud computing has been defined as a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction. But there is a risk of widespread data loss or downtime due to internet connectivity problems or a localized component failure in a cloud computing environment. In order to reduce the service availability risk or loss of data, a multi cloud system where data is replicated into multiple clouds offered by different cloud providers are used.... [tags: computing resources, cloud computing, convenient]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- ... Aesthetically, Western Digital My Cloud is simple, as most new technology gadgets are today. But don’t let the minimalistic look fool you. Although it looks like any of WD’s desktop external hard drives, the 2 or 3TB My Cloud is a file repository, allowing you to keep other devices less cluttered. You can also pull the files stored in public clouds, such as Dropbox. My Cloud allows users to send links to files, so the recipient can open anytime. You can also stream video and audio store, or just open and edit files as if they were stored on your own computer.... [tags: gadgets, security, secure, storage]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- Securing Client/Server Transactions The three basic ways that security is implemented in the area of client/server transaction. The first area is firewalls. The basic idea of a firewall to monitor traffic from a trusted network ( a company’s internal network) to an untrusted network (such as the Internet). Firewalls fall into two categories, “proxies” and “packet-filtering” firewalls. Packet-filtering determines whether a packet is allowed or disallowed depending on the source of the packet and the contents of it.... [tags: Essays Papers]
2244 words (6.4 pages)
- Executive Summary The amount of deployed instances of Microsoft SQL Server in the enterprise is on the rise as a database management system. Microsoft set out to provide an effective database management system that meets multiple goals for information technology organizations. SQL Server, a Microsoft product, is designed to deliver scalable solutions while offering ease of use and deployment, self maintenance and tuning, low resource overhead, and low administrator skill set requirements. The seeming rise in popularity of SQL Server has resulted in an upsurge of installations in the corporate environment.... [tags: Database SQL Server]
974 words (2.8 pages)
- When the word “storage” is discussed as related to computers, one does not usually mean a closet or desk compartment. Storage in this sense refers to a medium to which electronic data is stored whether permanently or temporarily. In fact, the Computer Dictionary Online (2008) states that storage is, “a device into which data can be entered, in which they can be held, and from which they can be retrieved at a later time.” Several types of storage mediums exist for electronic data including hard disks, floppy disks, RAM, CD-ROM, and tape each of which have its own specific strength.... [tags: Computer Storage Memory]
1108 words (3.2 pages)
- Borrowers flooded the Department of Education and lenders with phone calls as they rushed to beat the deadline to consolidate student loans before interest rates rise. The variable interest rate on federal student loans will rise nearly 2 percentage points after midnight Thursday. Some borrowers could save thousands of dollars over the lives of their loans by consolidating at the lower rate. The unusually sharp increase has prompted a wave of last-minute inquiries, causing back-ups for banks' 800 numbers and at the Department of Education's Direct Loan Servicing Center, where at least some calls weren't getting through Wednesday.... [tags: essays research papers]
405 words (1.2 pages)