b) Encompassing the diverse languages of the nation in a commercial is a stride towards a successful nation.
Language plays a major role in the second argument because it argues the representation of diverse cultures besides the common one, English.
2) The second video gives a more in-depth look into the lives of these American citizens, by sharing heritage and background. If the critics of the first video viewed the second, I believe they would have had a different opinion regarding the representation of the diverse cultures because it gives the backstory of why these people were represented in the commercial. Moreover, in my opinion, the second video didn’t change my views because I believe showcasing these diverse cultures was a benefit for America.
3) “The hashtag #f--- coke started trending hot as irrational ‘Murricans utterly misplaced their patriotism and, ape-like, started having poop at one of America’s iconic brands.”
“Freedom means the right to make an ass of oneself, allowing others as gently as possible, to point out the fact.”
“We can’t fathom that the argument should gather much traction since we are in our Pennsylvanian German traditions.”
These phrases contain a hint of irony and includes hyperboles. The meanings conveyed are in tension with the literal meanings, asking readers to think about the potential connotations in their use of language. Moreover, the phrases include hyperbole’s using overstatements to create special effects.
4) The reason for the complaints seem to be a number of things, the use of foreign languages, language being a symbolic representation of one’s culture, and possibly misun...
... middle of paper ...
...hold was higher compared to other states. Households were above pay average than most. Regarding poverty and homelessness, the census reported that 15% of people were under poverty level, compared to other states. In my opinion, this census isn’t surprising because many individuals come to California for opportunity, but sometimes fall short. Overall, the census presented gave much realization of how this state is doing compared to others which I think is above average.
Lastly, the census reports pertaining to the change in California implies there will be a change in the future years Many aspects of this state will stabilize, increase, as well as decrease. The census reports project that there will be an increase in population over the next few years. Overall, the economy and population will change considering all the factors that are at play in the census reports.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
The Significance of the Concepts of ‘Convergence’ and ‘Localisation’ for Understanding Today’s Global Video Games Industry?
- The video games industry today has evolved, adapted and advanced dramatically involving profoundly new and improved technologies, increasing communication (online and through the social aspect of gaming) and entertainment, since it first emerged in the 1920’s with the early pinball machines, continuing further into the 1960’s, with the first videogame called ‘Space War’ produced in 1962 by Steve Russell (Merino 2006) and further developing to become the successful multi billion global phenomenon that it is today.... [tags: Video Games]
2431 words (6.9 pages)
- The Dick’s Sporting Goods commercial was ranked number 9 in the most effective commericals. The commercial shows the different struggles that athletes in training face for the USA Olympics. The audience for this commercial is intended for both genders. Although the stereotype is that sports are usually for males, this commercial has a fair representation of both male and female athletes. Many of the female athletes shown are training in hard sports such as boxing and lifting weights. This commercial also included disabled male and female athletes which can also serve to be another audience.... [tags: Gender, Female, Male, Sex]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Over the time, Samsung has made many devices among which are phones and tablets. “It is original, it is improved, and it is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3!” This Android smartphone and tablet computer hybrid was brought to people by Samsung Corporation and introduced in October 2011 in Berlin (Germany). According to Samsung, this device is for anyone who needs a tablet. What can one precisely beneficiate by owning a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. In addition to the multiple attracted features of this device, people can easily hide it in their smallest bag or pocket, or grasp it in their palms.... [tags: phone, tablet, commercial]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Video Transmission via Satellite Direct Broadcast satellite (DBS) delivers hundreds of TV channels to millions of people around the world. Satellite owners buy slots in space and lease assigned transponder frequencies to service providers. In this paper, I briefly introduce the history and development of DBS, the major vendors of the products, and overall market situation. In order to illustrate why DBS is such a popular technology, I also give out the comparison between DBS and the traditional cable TV.... [tags: Papers]
3414 words (9.8 pages)
- As the Internet changed the way people live: how they do shopping, organize their vacations, do school researches, social media changed the way in which people communicate and interact with each other. Through the use of social media people can express their ideas and thoughts, can share photos and videos and comment them. Social media became a place that provides a great opportunity to communicate with a large number of people not only for individuals, but also for companies. (http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/lop/researchpublications/2010-03-e.htm) Facebook was founded in 2004 and since then it’s the most popular social networking site.... [tags: commercial communication]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Lack of regulation and labeling on commercial food is a bigger issue than any American knows. The impact it has on our long term health and wellbeing is currently unknown. But what we do know is that, putting unknown substances into our body can be deadly. We need to become more educated as a society, and only allow truthful companies to stay in business, or make existing companies change their ways. If we don’t know what something is, do not buy it. This issue started when we became on industrial country.... [tags: Commercial Food, Health, Wellbeing]
1384 words (4 pages)
- The Hyundai commercial caught my attention due to its interesting plot. It seems to be a typical car advertisement until you look at it with deeper thought. The situation reveals something totally opposite of what they actually meant to do. Hyundai may have known exactly what they were doing, putting an advertisement out there that would not be easily forgotten. However the impact of this message can be an extremely negative image for Hyundai. The image they end up portraying can cause extremely negative publicity or send people the wrong message.... [tags: suicide, hyundai commercial]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Television commercials, something that is always on TV. They could be meant for advertising most of the time or aired to give people a bathroom break and what not. We hate it but there are times when it catches our fully undivided attention. There are people who just get annoyed by them and hate with a grudge. To me, I personally don’t like them unless one catches my eye. Majority of the Americans do not like commercials due to the fact that they can be inappropriate. One thing that happens for a fact is that television commercials are often amusing, misleading, irritating, sexist, or racist, etc.... [tags: advertising, commercials, ads]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Theme: How-To Become a Successful Commercial Plus-Size Model at Any Age with Tips from Various Plus-Size Modeling Agencies, Plus-Size Models in the Business, Stores That Sell Plus-Size Clothing Such as Lane Bryant. Inspirational for women who aspire to become models but feel they can't get gigs because they are a fuller size. Grace magazine The goal of Grace magazine is to reach women sizes 12 and up and help them with beauty, fashion, and lifestyle information that they can use to benefit their life.... [tags: Psychology]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- Commercials With the increasing impact of media on our lives today it has become easier for companies to manipulate people’s minds through advertisement. With the introduction of TVs in virtually every room in our homes, we are being constantly reached by mind manipulating commercials. This situation has become worse through the introduction of the World Wide Web at many people’s offices or at people’s personal computers at home. The facts show that it is impossible to go through a day without being bombarded with advertisements unless you live in the deepest part of the Amazon and even then it is likely that an American Express Employee will find you to hand you a replacement for your rec... [tags: Advertisement TV Television Essays]
2084 words (6 pages)