A. Butler University has an attendance of 4,771. That nearly three times less then Duke University.
B. Butlers has always been great in the regular season but this season was a special one.
C. One reason the season was historical was because they had most likely the best coach butler has ever had.
D. There were multiple reasons why Butler had such a historical season and one part was the dedicated fans.
E. Butler Basketball had a historical season created by the players and Brad Stevens who led the to a great regular season, through the NCAA Tournament, and finally the National Championship.
This butler team had multiple college basketball undervalued players.
Their best player was Gordon Hayward, who plays for the Utah Jazz, averaged 15.5 points per game as a sophomore.
Their presence in the paint was led by Matt Howard who average 11.6 points and 5.2 rebounds a game.
The point guard who led them as a sophomore was Shevlin Mack, who plays for the Atlanta Hawks, who averaged 14.1 points a game.
The senior leader Willie Veasly, who averaged only 9.8 points per game, helped them with his experience and basketball IQ.
They only had three seniors, who were Willie Veasley, Avery Jukes, and Nick Rodgers. They were a very young team. (Espn.com)
There were multiple key parts to this basketball team but most important one did not even play on the floor.
These player wouldn't even had the chance to play in the tournament with out there fearless coach Brad Stevens.
B. Brad Stevens was undervalued coach, who would show the college basketball world that he deserves respect.
1."Brad Stevens had just finished his first year as a marketing associate at Eli ...
... middle of paper ...
...n inch of going in.
This shot put the lid on the season and ended the Cinderella story.
A. This season was created by the players and Brad Stevens who led the to an unbelievable regular season, through the Tournament, and the National Championship.
B. Butler basketball has a culture that isn't anywhere else in the country and deserves a great fan base.
C. The 2010 college basketball season might of been one of the best years for Butler basketball.
"BUAnswers - You've Got a Question? We've Got an Answer. Buanswers.butler.edu Ask Us!" 24 Mar. 2014.
Espn.com. Web. 24 Mar. 2014.
Schlabach, Mark. "Butler Coach Turns Dream Into reality." ESPN.com. Web. 02 Apr. 2014.
"2009-10 Butler Bulldogs Roster and Stats." College Basketball at Sports- Reference.com. Web. 24 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Career Research Paper Being a Basketball Coach.The reason why i am studying this career is because i want to know what it is like to be a High School, or a College Coach, and a National League Associations (NBA) and just to see how it is to be a coach . My history of this career is that i have been to so many job shadows that are coaches and some coaches are nice too there players and some are very mean. There are a lot of basketball coaches out there and the employment of this job is to make sure your other coaches stay on track with the players to because some of the basketball players just want to go out and party after a game which that is not good for your body to have alcohol or anythi... [tags: High school, Basketball, Season, Coaching]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- One Team has to Fall "Shannon you are going to take this three and win the game for us" Coach said. Senior night for my teammates. I was a tenth grader taking the final shoot to win the game. Everything was going through my head, I cannot let down the seniors on senior night or I am only a sophomore I should not be taking this shoot. I knew when it came down to it I could make this shoot and I was the best one at doing it. My tenth grade basketball season was different than I expected. Three players quit from last season and I was supposed to be fighting for the starting shooting guard or winger job.... [tags: Game, Play, The Black Wall Street Records, Games]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Every time you step on to the court its a challenge. Not only an individual challenge, but a team challenge to be the best. This is for the best two sports in the world, football and basketball. The glory of winning, but the agony of losing, is what separates the champs from contenders. There are truly two of sports we highlight in today culture. They are so popular that you see them all over the world, or maybe different version of them. There are truly die hard fans from not only these sports, but others world wide.... [tags: American football, Basketball, Ball]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Hurricane Season, directed by Tim Story, follows a high school basketball coach named Al Collins, played by Forest Whitaker, who builds a team of players around the Louisiana area that were affected by the devastating Hurricane Katrina, and leads them to a state championship. On the way, Coach Collins encounters many obstacles, such as where to play, trying to recruit players and keeping them from joining other teams, and also negative influences in the locker room. All of these issues they faced kept them motivated and helped the team become more of a cohesive unit and winners.... [tags: Basketball, College basketball, Basketball court]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- The ball soaring towards the basket; flying all the way from half-court. Bang. The ball slams off the backboard and plunges onto the rim as 70,930 people fall into shock. Will the impossible happen. Unfortunately for the upstart Butler Bulldogs, Gordan Hayward's desperation heave at the buzzer of the 2010 NCAA National Championship game was 3 inches off the mark, allowing perennial power Duke to walk away with their fourht National Championship. However, Butler's magical run shows why the NCAA Tournament is such a great event and why it does its job as a fair way to decide the National Champion.... [tags: Sports Basketball]
1661 words (4.7 pages)
- Since before I was even 1 year old, because before I was even one years old, I had a basketball in my hands. Im surprised it wasn 't my first word. it was my dads pray to be able to have a son who would have the opportunity to play college basketball and I am his answered prayer. since i was born basketball was the only sport I wanted to play. from elementary to middle school to high school thats all I played. Now i am playing basketball for Moravian Prep in Hudson North Carolina and I can smell the college basketball opportunity its so close.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Basketball, College]
1033 words (3 pages)
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a professional basketball league teams in North America. The league was founded in New York City on June 6 1946. The men basketball team which is the most successful of it has 30 franchised member club, it has 29 of it in the United States and one in Canada. And the sub branch which is for women is called the WNBA(Women National Basketball Team). CURRENT SOCIAL MEDIA The current media techniques employed by the NBA is there own very site which is (http://www.nba.com/) The NBA also uses twitter to promote and advertise its products and games and which currently have 15.9millions followers and the players also have twitter account which they used... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- With five seconds left, the once psychotic crowd becomes as silent as a lion stalking its prey. The clock starts and all that can be heard is the opposing team running down the court dribbling the ball to shoot the final shot. The clock sends off a high-pitched shout. When the opposing team missed their shot, the crowd let out shrieks of joy and ran down onto the court to celebrate. Basketball was invented in 1891 by a Canadian Doctor named James Naismith and the game has changed dramatically since.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Written by Tayeb Salih, the novel ‘Season of Migration to the North’ as described by The Observer “is an Arabian Nights in reverse, enclosing a pithy moral about international misconceptions and delusions.” The novel is set both in England and the Sudan, showing the stark social differences within these two locations. In this essay, I will evaluate the reasons supporting and opposing Mahjoub’s statement as defined in ‘Season of Migration to the North’. In the first line of the novel (and once more later in the book: "dear sirs" page 62), the narrator introduces the reader to a male-dominated world by suggesting his audience is masculine; "It was, gentlemen, after a long absence—seven years... [tags: Season of Migration to the North Tayeb Salih]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- High school basketball is not only a mental sport, but, also, a communication game. You must be able to communicate very well to play in Morgantown, West Virginia, especially at University High School. To make the team, you have to be basketball knowledgeable, talented, physically fit, and vocal. After four years of playing varsity basketball, the vocal part of the sport has helped me out in the long run. There are five positions in basketball: point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward, and center, but, the most important position is the point guard.... [tags: Sports Basketball]
1434 words (4.1 pages)