During a student’s college experience, the student might stumble upon an academic struggle in where he or she might need help in a class assignment, an essay, or even when preparing for a test. At Fresno City College students are encouraged to visit the tutorial center that is located in the library. The tutorial center is a place where students can go in to receive help in any subject that they are struggling in. The tutorial center offers a variety of tutors that are willing to work with any student who need help with their assignments. However, the tutorial center offers different kinds of tutoring services. For example, upstairs of the tutorial center there is the writing and reading center. This specific center offers services to students who seek help in writing essays by giving them tips in how to brainstorm, how to write the basic elements of an essay, how to revise and edit e...
... middle of paper ...
...ege expenses. Whenever students feel stressed out or having anxiety about what is going on with them in school or personal life, and just need someone to hear them out, then they are more than welcomed to visit the psychological office. The psychological services will provide assistance how to cope with these personal and interpersonal experiences. Psychological services are provided to students for the health and well being of the student. Fresno City College offers health services to students, who are in need of first aid, if they are hurt, but also provides limited health services like immunizations and screen testing. As a high school graduate, I did not really know what Fresno City College had to offer, but know that I am a freshman, I am able to find out what resources and services are beneficial to me to have a successful experience and career at this college.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Searching for the right college is akin to searching on a menu for the perfect meal. They all look delicious, but you only have one choice. Therefore, the only solution is to look into the different ingredients, much like looking into the different characteristics each college offers. These “ingredients” include majors, campus, school size, and finance. To begin, when searching for a college, one must take into account their preferred major, and the courses each college offers. This posed a problem, as a junior/senior in high school, I had no idea what I wanted to do as a profession.... [tags: High school, College, School, University]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The day I decided to go to college is the day I ultimately decided to change my life. My family is relatively small so no one in my family has a college degree or any guidance on what is expected from the transformation of becoming a college student. Needless to say, when I decided to enroll in college I found myself alone and seeking guidance on exactly how to accomplish the college procedure. No one could have provided the exact advice I needed for this important step in life but the wise words of my guardians to be patient and diligent about this new step in life assisted in relieving some of my fears.... [tags: High school, University, College]
1042 words (3 pages)
- College is a place where your parents send you right after high school in hopes of you bettering your education so that you can provide for yourself in the near future. Most students don’t just jump right into a school; they do a bit of research first. The main point’s parents and students search for when choosing schools are the retention rates, the location of the campus, programs of study the college offers, and the safety and crime rates. Many parents and students look to other students that have attended that college or university for help and guidance.... [tags: retention, location, safety, programs]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Sexual violence is when an act of touching, kissing, grouping, and etc. is committed against a person you has not given consent, and preventing sexual violence is so important because everyday there are more and more cases (“The Realities of Sexual Assault on Campus”). The increasing rates of sexual assaults on campuses have provided a fear in most students and as a community something should be done. To further aware students of ways sexual violence can be prevented is by providing real life situations through a video.... [tags: Rape, Human sexual behavior, Police]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- This semester has pushed my outside my limits not only as a writer, but as a person that is open to looking at new ideas and trying to understand different concepts that interest other people. At the beginning of the semester, I knew the basic ideas that we learned through English 101, and I knew how to analyze papers, but I never knew how to implement those strategies in order to create a paper out of it. Essay two, particularly, was a struggle because I could not find the information I needed or enough information on one thing, so it led my essay to fall short because I could not fulfill the needs of my original thesis in order to make the paper long enough.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Essays, Knowledge]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- Most of school and college presidents try to maintain a good rate for the school or trying to make the school better. However, if i were the president of my school, i promise that i will make my school well known in the country. I am planning to increase the rate of the excellent students who have an outstanding GPA. I believe giving benefits to those students with the highest GPA will help the students and make the school better. When a student or a scholar believes in the school and know that his school trying to be superior among other schools, the student will be more motivated to do more than enough to earn the respect of his school.... [tags: University, Education, President, College]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- On April 16th 2007 at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute, a student with psychological problems began a two hour killing spree that left 33 dead (Reader). The massacre that occurred at this school is now the worst recorded incident in the history of the United States and eclipses the University of Texas massacre of 1966. In the wake of tragedies like these, students, teachers and administrators propose more measures to make us feel safe on campus. But why weren't these measures in place before. School administrators and police have a responsibility to protect their students and faculty on campus, and these instances clearly shown a lack of fulfilling that responsibility.... [tags: Gun Control]
1637 words (4.7 pages)
- When I first began searching for the possible colleges I wanted to apply for in my I didn’t quite know what to expect or look for. Over the years I had been told to narrow my search, but to be open minded, to be realistic, but to be open to all the possibilities that came my way. The advice I had been given by my peers and superiors, although helpful in hindsight, seemed to further conflict and confuse me as to what I should look for in a college. I felt like things would have been easier if someone had just handed me a checklist of credentials a college should live up to.... [tags: looking for colleges and universities]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- What if I am too broke to afford to go to college. College is expensive and the costs are continuing to rise. I ask myself this question everyday and wonder is going to college actually worth it. The future of higher education is continuing to evolve and I believe that college is affordable to anyone who truly wants to go. The future of traditional college is in jeopardy. Sometimes going to college and spending the money is not always the best option. To begin with, I believe that college is affordable.... [tags: University education, loans, job search]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- College Has Exceeded My Expectations A new place to live, new friends, a new diverse campus, new classes, and even a newfound freedom: that was what I found waiting from me the first day I moved up to Northern Arizona University. These were the things I was in search for when I was looking through all of the different colleges that I could possibly go to. NAU had them all but most importantly, NAU had a wonderful communications program, which just made everything a little better. Having lived in the same cozy house in Tucson for all my life, I wanted a change of scenery and from the hot climate.... [tags: Personal Narratives Flagstaff College Essays]
1061 words (3 pages)