Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the act of enhancing the visibility and making web presence to expand the amount of page views to the website. SEO is not just to know about the search engines, but it is to make one’s site better for the users. It is an ongoing process of discovering keywords that will drive the search traffic and thus reach the target audience. This process is sometimes also referred to as content marketing strategy. The most popular search engines are Google which dominates the search engine market followed by Bing, Ask, Baidu, Yandex and others which have their own algorithms for providing search results.
Initially it was a simple set of techniques for raising the page to the top of search engine listings and constantly started adding all possible ways of web traffic like social networking. Due to the ever changing algorithms of search engines, the job is becoming challenging for SEO.
Search engines want to perform their jobs based on the information a client is looking for in the websites. Search engines are largely interested in the following key factors to perform their searches.
1) Web Content:
It is the textual, visual content that determines the theme with proper titles and descriptions. It can also include images, sounds, videos and animations to enhance the quality of content. Content has to be reliable, relevant, fresh, original, structured, shareable, correct, local, endorsed and keyword-rich.
2) Web Performance:
Web performance is the metrics which constitutes web page availability, page load time and response time. Page load time is typically the time between a user’s request for a page and the time when the page is fully rendered to the client’s browse...
... middle of paper ...
...tune and optimize search engines. By these stats and analytic reports, people can make sure the strategy is appropriate and beneficial.
Fishkin, Rand. 2013. The Beginners guide to SEO. http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo (accessed April 6, 2014).
McCoy, Josh.2014. 7 Tips to Ensure Your SEO Strategy Supports Your Brand. http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2340759/7-Tips-to-Ensure-Your-SEO-Strategy-Supports-Your-Brand (accessed April 22, 2014).
LaRiviere, Krista.2013. Time for the new definition of SEO. http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2288392/Time-for-a-New-Definition-of-SEO (accessed April 7, 2014).
Microsoft.2013.Maximum URL length is 2083 characters in Internet Explorer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208427 (accessed April 6, 2014).
Total Number of Websites. http://www.internetlivestats.com/total-number-of-websites/.(accessed April 6, 2014).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When it comes to advertising on the Internet, search engine optimization receives plenty of attention. This is certainly appropriate, but one disadvantage of this way of getting your website in front of qualified prospects is that it can take time for a particular company 's site to creep up to the top of the search results pages even if one has excellent optimization. This is where pay-per-click marketing enters the picture. Due to Google being the largest search engine in the world, its Adwords PPC program, which started in 2000, is the one most often talked about when the conversation turns to this form of advertising.... [tags: Google, Advertising, Yahoo!, Web search engine]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- With the vast amount of web marketing elements that are available to people. People with excellent financial stability can find more opportunities. However, even a less stable person can make a go of some type of web marketing business. You must decide what best fits your budget. With the many different types, such as search engine, social media, e-mail, portable communications, and blogs just to name some. Your boundaries could be endless. With the help of the internet and other resources, conducting research on what will best fit your budget is at hand.... [tags: web marketing elements]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- SEO “SEO is short for search engine optimization or search engine optimizer.” “Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's natural or organic search results.” On the query of the users, lists of results are obtained. Out of these results, the website with the highest rank is displayed on the top. The users can search for a particular document on the World Wide Web and the search engine enables the users to do it.... [tags: browsing techniques, web sites, URL]
1859 words (5.3 pages)
- Search Engine Optimization Introduction Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the act of enhancing the visibility and making web presence to expand the amount of page views to the website. SEO is not just to know about the search engines, but it is to make one’s site better for the users. It is an ongoing process of discovering keywords that will drive the search traffic and thus reach the target audience. This process is sometimes also referred to as content marketing strategy. The most popular search engines are Google which dominates the search engine market followed by Bing, Ask, Baidu, Yandex and others which have their own algorithms for providing search results.... [tags: website, web content, spamming]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- If you were writing SEO text solely for machines, optimization would be simple. Sprinkle in some keywords, rearrange them at random and watch the hit counter skyrocket. Sometimes SEO copy writers forget that this isn't the case. Real people read your text and they expect something in return for the time and attention they give you. They expect good content, and their expectations have shaped how search engines rank your site. What Is Good Content. Good SEO content has three primary characteristics: Offers useful information presented in an engaging format to human readers Boosts search engine rankings Attracts plenty of links from other sites Note that human readers come first on th... [tags: Beneficial SEO Material]
1053 words (3 pages)
- There are various ways to promote your website online, some of which just need a bit of your time, while others burn a small hole in your pocket. Needless to say, if you can own and build a website, promoting and marketing for it online won 't be much of a pain. So basically, my online marketing strategy revolves around these few points: SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING Search Engine Marketing (SEM) refers to an internet marketing technique that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages.... [tags: Marketing, Search engine optimization]
1538 words (4.4 pages)
- Design Goals and Challenges In 1998, when Google created its search engine, very little data was available about search engines. One of the first search engines was the Wold Wide Web Worm, which was not released unitl 1994. In order to research and create a more dynamic search engine Google’s creators had very little information to go on, and encountered many challenges. It is a challenge to create a high quality search engine as search engines need to crawl and then index millions of pages of information on the web.... [tags: World Wide Web, Search engine optimization]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Elevator Pitch CelineKir Creative Web Design is a premium web and branding service. Our goal is to be a one stop shop for companies by offering services such as; web design, brand building and management, business card creation, promotional marketing materials, search engine optimization (SEO), social media integration, ecommerce, and payment solutions. Our vision guarantees that not only your website but also your company will be distinctive to your industry. (Celine Kirkoc, CelineKir Creative Web Design Interview, 2016).... [tags: Marketing, Search engine optimization]
1808 words (5.2 pages)
- You own a small business. Do you need a website. An Internet presence can be a necessity or a resource-draining boondoggle, depending on your business and your target audience. You shouldn 't build or maintain a website simply because "everyone else has one." However, even if you own a one-person services company and get all the business you can handle through word of mouth, you can still create an online presence with a minimum of time and expense. If and when you do develop a business website, you 'll need to make some kind of investment in Internet-based marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Search engine optimization]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- There is a lot of talk on the web regarding Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and how, if you just do this one thing, you will be at the top of Google. If only it were that easy. In fact, I believe there are seven distinct skills that a search engine optimiser needs to possess. Most people possess one or maybe two of these skills, very rarely do people posses all seven. In truth, to get to all seven, people who are good at two of these need to actively develop the other skills. This takes time and effort and, if you are running your own business, do you really have the time to do this.... [tags: Search Engine Optimization SEO]
1390 words (4 pages)