Scuba diving is a really interesting and exciting activity to do if someone loves the ocean as much as I do. My boyfriend Justus and I traveled to the beautiful Florida Keys for a week and a half last summer. When we got to the keys we had already planned on going scuba diving. We bought our tickets before we even left the state of Indiana. We were both super excited to experience something we had never done before. The morning of our scuba diving trip we had to go meet our scuba diving instructor for him to go over rules. Then we had a break to go eat lunch and rest a little before we went out into the ocean. After our break, we came back to the hotel and prepared to go out on the boat to where we were actually scuba diving. Finally, we got on the boat and got to our location where we went underwater and it was absolutely amazing. Scuba diving is a fun, challenging, and an interesting thing to do and I would do it again if I ever get a chance.
I had so much excitement the morning I woke up to go scuba diving. We had to meet our scuba instructor at the hotel first thing in the morning to be able to go over rules. We had to fill out paperwork to make sure we wouldn’t sue or anything if we got hurt or something happened. After we filled out paper work our scuba instructor kirk showed us how to put all the scuba gear on. He showed us what each thing was that was on our vest. He went over how each part of the equipment worked. After he explained what everything was and how it worked we got in the pool. When we got in the pool he told us that this was when all our knowledge that he just went over was going to be tested. We started out in the shallow end and he told us to follow what he did. He started out by having us g...
... middle of paper ...
...ought his go pro hero three so we were taking pictures of ourselves, the beautiful golden orange sunset, and the sparkling blue ocean. We finally got back to the docks to park the boat. Before we got off the boat we got all of our belongings together and thanked our instructor, kirk, for the fantastic job he had done. We departed from the boat and made our way back to the house we were staying.
All in all, I really had an outstanding time and enjoyed every minute of my scuba experience. I plan on getting certified at some point at the end of this semester. I am in a scuba diving class here at Vincennes and my instructors told me I can get certified at the end of the class. I will encourage anyone to go scuba diving if they have never done it before to at least experience it. When I have the time and money I will absolutely be doing it again at some point in my life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I remember when I went scuba diving for the first time. It was the summer of 2002. My Dad, his two friends Mark and Bob, and I went on a scuba diving trip to San Carlos, Mexico with a group of scuba divers from June 21st-29th. It was June 22nd, a beautiful day. The temperature was at about 90 degrees and it was very sunny. I was on big nice scuba diving boat along with the other eight divers on the trip and captain and co-captain. The boat was headed to an island about two hours away called "Seal Island"; it was called that because of all the sea lions that inhabit it.... [tags: Scuba diving, Underwater diving, Scuba set]
824 words (2.4 pages)
- Scuba diving is the kind of diving that one uses a breathing apparatus under water, which acts as a gas supplier to the diver. It allows divers to stay under water longer than with breath-holding methods. While diving, one uses swim fins attached to the feet. Scuba diving is carried out for both recreational and professional reasons among them cave diving, wreck diving, ice diving and deep diving for recreation purposes. Professional diving is done by those at civil engineering department, naval diving and rescue reasons.... [tags: Hobbies ]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Mask squeeze is when a diver's mask starts constricting the face due to the water pressure in deeper waters. While diving and full face masks can equalize this pressure through exhaling through the nose, swimming goggles don't have that option. They can also leak and move around more easily, which is dangerous when deep underwater. Diving Masks A favorite of snorkeling and a great option for scuba diving, full face masks offer large and flat lenses for a clear view underwater. They also cover your nose to help avoid accidentally breathing in water, and they allow you to avoid the pain and bruising of mask squeeze by allow you to equalize the pressure with nasal exhalation.... [tags: goggles, proper equipment]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to swim with the fish and explore the underwater jungle that covers two-thirds of the earth's surface. I have always been interested in water activities; swimming, diving and skiing, and I felt that scuba was for me. My first dive took place while on a family vacation. I came across a dive shop offering introductory dives, which immediately caught my interest. After much convincing (my parents), with my solemn assurance that I would be careful, I was allowed to participate in a dive.... [tags: Scuba Diving Descriptive Process Essays]
4562 words (13 pages)
- For years, deep sea diving was primarily used for the research of marine organisms. Mechanics for scuba diving have improved greatly and became more available to the everyday thrill seekers. It has also become an interest to many people to learn and experience it as a recreational activity. Most of the people who dive without being certified or dive alone, face dangers that other trained divers are not subjected to. For example, diving alone is particularly dangerous as should an injury occur, nobody is there to assist.... [tags: Deep Sea Diving, Research, Marine Organisms]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- The use of edgework concept is contributive to explore divers’ in-water experiences and provide a more detailed examination of the situation when divers close to the perceived risk, and how they react to those circumstances. Research on scuba divers shown that, as with other edgework activities, prior to risk taking, individuals felt nervousness and horrors, but when they were underwater, divers perceived a sense of calm and relaxation (Schneider el al, 2007). If potential risks arise, the ecstatic experience will be achieved.... [tags: risk, assurance, experience]
1410 words (4 pages)
- Scuba Diving “People have been diving ever since primitive man was forced to collect food from the sea,” says HawaiiScubaDiving.com (“History of Scuba Diving”, HawaiiScubaDiving.com Internet). Man has always been curious about the underwater world and has sought to explore it. This drove man to come up with new ways to extend his reach into the underwater world and to make the trip less difficult. Over time underwater exploration has been made easier due to man’s passion for exploring a fascinating new underwater world.... [tags: Technology ]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- A scuba diver, submerged under water and surrounded by a multitude of colorful fish, is in his element. To him, there is no beauty like the majesty of the sea. He is fascinated by the life that thrives at the bottom of the sea, but mainly, with the many fish that call it home. Just above the top of the ocean, another man stands on the sand, reveling in the splendor of the sky. In his hand he holds a long string that stretches into the clouds and connects with a magnificent kite. Each man believes his atmosphere to be the most wonderful of all.... [tags: Sea Life]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Many people think of scuba diving as just a swim in the water, but in reality it is a very exciting, dangerous, and potentially fatal sport and activity. There are many types of scuba diving, ranging from recreational to sport to career diving. Scuba Diving is just not a swim in the water, scuba requires certification, uses technical equipment, and there is a lot of risk involved with scuba diving. Scuba, which is actually an acronym for “self-contained breathing apparatus”, Allows divers to dive deeper and stay submerged longer.... [tags: essays research papers]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- Scuba diving is a sport in which you can lose yourself to the beauty of the underwater world and escape gravity for a short time. You can wander among kelp forests or swim with sleek noble sharks. You can find a fortune in Spanish ducats or lose yourself in the beauty of the underwater realm. Some may say though that diving is an extreme sport and that it is too risky for anyone, it's just for the wild hooligans. Scuba Diving is a safe and enjoyable hobby despite the small risk involved. Haven't you ever wondered what it was like to swim with the fish.... [tags: Art]
2206 words (6.3 pages)