The Red Sea lies between arid, semi-arid and desert land, it has great depths and efficient water circulation patterns. The Red sea is a perfect place for diving; here there are many places to dive. In particular Dahab which is very beautiful with mountains, the smell of the sea and sand. Dahab also enjoys pleasant weather all round the year and experiences a vast number of tourists. Popular activities around this place include snorkeling, wind surfing and scuba diving. Land activities around Dahab are; jeep rides, camel trips and drive to Mount Sinai. I mainly practice my professionalism in this region (Printfu).
While I was an open water diver, I did diving for recreational reasons. I had obtained my technical training and was certified as a diver. I progressed with thorough training, gained experience, and advanced my techniques to become a rescue diver. During then, I did wreck diving, where I explored shipwrecks. Shipwrecks are attractive to divers as they act as habitant to marine life and provide challenge to their skills. Diving in a shipwreck through the narrow passages one must navigate, and the ...
... middle of paper ...
... in better communication with their partners. Another requirement of diving is mobility in water. Swift movements in deep waters will make it enjoyable for a diver to have a great distance to cover as compared to less mobile divers. It is therefore important a diver to be trained to meet the desired level of diving capability (Ferrer, page 8).
Ferrer, M.D Scuba diving enhances endogenous antioxidant defenses in lymphocytes
and neutrophils, Vol. 41 Issue 3 (Mar2007)
Printfu, Egypt uncovered journal, Dahab PADI Advanced Open Water (2006) available at:
Robinson, Jill. Scuba Diving: A Luxurious Mobility Experience. Journal of Rehabilitation, Jan
Mar84, Vol. 50 Issue 1, 2. (1984)
Tiedemann’s diving center Night and Limited Diving. Jeanne and Ed Tiedemann’s
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Scuba Diving Scuba diving is a really interesting and exciting activity to do if someone loves the ocean as much as I do. My boyfriend Justus and I traveled to the beautiful Florida Keys for a week and a half last summer. When we got to the keys we had already planned on going scuba diving. We bought our tickets before we even left the state of Indiana. We were both super excited to experience something we had never done before. The morning of our scuba diving trip we had to go meet our scuba diving instructor for him to go over rules.... [tags: Scuba diving, Underwater diving, Debut albums]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to swim with the fish and explore the underwater jungle that covers two-thirds of the earth's surface. I have always been interested in water activities; swimming, diving and skiing, and I felt that scuba was for me. My first dive took place while on a family vacation. I came across a dive shop offering introductory dives, which immediately caught my interest. After much convincing (my parents), with my solemn assurance that I would be careful, I was allowed to participate in a dive.... [tags: Scuba Diving Descriptive Process Essays]
4562 words (13 pages)
- For years, deep sea diving was primarily used for the research of marine organisms. Mechanics for scuba diving have improved greatly and became more available to the everyday thrill seekers. It has also become an interest to many people to learn and experience it as a recreational activity. Most of the people who dive without being certified or dive alone, face dangers that other trained divers are not subjected to. For example, diving alone is particularly dangerous as should an injury occur, nobody is there to assist.... [tags: Deep Sea Diving, Research, Marine Organisms]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- The use of edgework concept is contributive to explore divers’ in-water experiences and provide a more detailed examination of the situation when divers close to the perceived risk, and how they react to those circumstances. Research on scuba divers shown that, as with other edgework activities, prior to risk taking, individuals felt nervousness and horrors, but when they were underwater, divers perceived a sense of calm and relaxation (Schneider el al, 2007). If potential risks arise, the ecstatic experience will be achieved.... [tags: risk, assurance, experience]
1410 words (4 pages)
- Scuba Diving “People have been diving ever since primitive man was forced to collect food from the sea,” says HawaiiScubaDiving.com (“History of Scuba Diving”, HawaiiScubaDiving.com Internet). Man has always been curious about the underwater world and has sought to explore it. This drove man to come up with new ways to extend his reach into the underwater world and to make the trip less difficult. Over time underwater exploration has been made easier due to man’s passion for exploring a fascinating new underwater world.... [tags: Technology ]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- Scuba diving is the kind of diving that one uses a breathing apparatus under water, which acts as a gas supplier to the diver. It allows divers to stay under water longer than with breath-holding methods. While diving, one uses swim fins attached to the feet. Scuba diving is carried out for both recreational and professional reasons among them cave diving, wreck diving, ice diving and deep diving for recreation purposes. Professional diving is done by those at civil engineering department, naval diving and rescue reasons.... [tags: Hobbies ]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- A scuba diver, submerged under water and surrounded by a multitude of colorful fish, is in his element. To him, there is no beauty like the majesty of the sea. He is fascinated by the life that thrives at the bottom of the sea, but mainly, with the many fish that call it home. Just above the top of the ocean, another man stands on the sand, reveling in the splendor of the sky. In his hand he holds a long string that stretches into the clouds and connects with a magnificent kite. Each man believes his atmosphere to be the most wonderful of all.... [tags: Sea Life]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Scuba diving can be a fun activity, you just have to take certain health and safety precautions. There are lots of dangers in scuba diving, and underwater exploration. There is always the danger of a shark attack. Sharks are closer to the banks during the months of April through September. From the months of October through March, they have migrated South for the Winter. After returning from migration, sharks are often hungry and tend to feed on things other than whats on their diet. Most attacks on humans are in the months of April and March.... [tags: shark attacks, gastrointestinal tract]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- Many people think of scuba diving as just a swim in the water, but in reality it is a very exciting, dangerous, and potentially fatal sport and activity. There are many types of scuba diving, ranging from recreational to sport to career diving. Scuba Diving is just not a swim in the water, scuba requires certification, uses technical equipment, and there is a lot of risk involved with scuba diving. Scuba, which is actually an acronym for “self-contained breathing apparatus”, Allows divers to dive deeper and stay submerged longer.... [tags: essays research papers]
1912 words (5.5 pages)
- Scuba diving is a sport in which you can lose yourself to the beauty of the underwater world and escape gravity for a short time. You can wander among kelp forests or swim with sleek noble sharks. You can find a fortune in Spanish ducats or lose yourself in the beauty of the underwater realm. Some may say though that diving is an extreme sport and that it is too risky for anyone, it's just for the wild hooligans. Scuba Diving is a safe and enjoyable hobby despite the small risk involved. Haven't you ever wondered what it was like to swim with the fish.... [tags: Art]
2206 words (6.3 pages)