It was June 22nd, a beautiful day. The temperature was at about 90 degrees and it was very sunny. I was on big nice scuba diving boat along with the other eight divers on the trip and captain and co-captain. The boat was headed to an island about two hours away called "Seal Island"; it was called that because of all the sea lions that inhabit it. When we arrived at the island the captain stopped and anchored the boat. I immediately jumped in the water and started snorkeling while all the other divers were still on the boat putting on their scuba equipment.
After being in the water for about two minutes wearing only a bikini, I started feeling this stinging sensation all over my body. After about another minute or so the stinging got so bad that I had to get out of the water and back on the boat. When I got on the boat I found that I had welts on every inch of...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Scuba Diving Scuba diving is a really interesting and exciting activity to do if someone loves the ocean as much as I do. My boyfriend Justus and I traveled to the beautiful Florida Keys for a week and a half last summer. When we got to the keys we had already planned on going scuba diving. We bought our tickets before we even left the state of Indiana. We were both super excited to experience something we had never done before. The morning of our scuba diving trip we had to go meet our scuba diving instructor for him to go over rules.... [tags: Scuba diving, Underwater diving, Debut albums]
1193 words (3.4 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to swim with the fish and explore the underwater jungle that covers two-thirds of the earth's surface. I have always been interested in water activities; swimming, diving and skiing, and I felt that scuba was for me. My first dive took place while on a family vacation. I came across a dive shop offering introductory dives, which immediately caught my interest. After much convincing (my parents), with my solemn assurance that I would be careful, I was allowed to participate in a dive.... [tags: Scuba Diving Descriptive Process Essays]
4562 words (13 pages)
- Scuba Diving “People have been diving ever since primitive man was forced to collect food from the sea,” says HawaiiScubaDiving.com (“History of Scuba Diving”, HawaiiScubaDiving.com Internet). Man has always been curious about the underwater world and has sought to explore it. This drove man to come up with new ways to extend his reach into the underwater world and to make the trip less difficult. Over time underwater exploration has been made easier due to man’s passion for exploring a fascinating new underwater world.... [tags: Technology ]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- Scuba diving can be a fun activity, you just have to take certain health and safety precautions. There are lots of dangers in scuba diving, and underwater exploration. There is always the danger of a shark attack. Sharks are closer to the banks during the months of April through September. From the months of October through March, they have migrated South for the Winter. After returning from migration, sharks are often hungry and tend to feed on things other than whats on their diet. Most attacks on humans are in the months of April and March.... [tags: shark attacks, gastrointestinal tract]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- Scuba diving is a sport in which you can lose yourself to the beauty of the underwater world and escape gravity for a short time. You can wander among kelp forests or swim with sleek noble sharks. You can find a fortune in Spanish ducats or lose yourself in the beauty of the underwater realm. Some may say though that diving is an extreme sport and that it is too risky for anyone, it's just for the wild hooligans. Scuba Diving is a safe and enjoyable hobby despite the small risk involved. Haven't you ever wondered what it was like to swim with the fish.... [tags: Art]
2206 words (6.3 pages)
- Best Water Sports Tips Every Traveller Needs To Know About Bali The breathtaking island of Bali is one of the best places in the world to discover the thrills of water sports. However, whether you are a seasoned surfer or a scuba diving novice, then are several practices that you should follow in order to make the most of your trip. To help ensure you enjoy all of the best aquatic experiences that Bali has to offer, here are some top tips that will protect you, and your bank balance, whilst on vacation.... [tags: Scuba diving, Underwater diving]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Mask squeeze is when a diver's mask starts constricting the face due to the water pressure in deeper waters. While diving and full face masks can equalize this pressure through exhaling through the nose, swimming goggles don't have that option. They can also leak and move around more easily, which is dangerous when deep underwater. Diving Masks A favorite of snorkeling and a great option for scuba diving, full face masks offer large and flat lenses for a clear view underwater. They also cover your nose to help avoid accidentally breathing in water, and they allow you to avoid the pain and bruising of mask squeeze by allow you to equalize the pressure with nasal exhalation.... [tags: goggles, proper equipment]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- Description of A peaceful place The underwater world is the most peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable places on earth. When you go underwater all the sounds disappear, there is silence and a feel of calmness and relaxation all around, when you enter the deep water world the view is a mesmerizing site. To be able to get to that peaceful place, one must get a scuba diving certification. For many, the busy stressful and noisy routine of the daily activities can quickly be forgotten when engaging in scuba diving activities.... [tags: Scuba diving, Underwater diving, Underwater]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- The focus of this research paper is to analyze the information, unique characteristics, and history regarding the subculture of scuba divers. Scuba divers get to explore new, exciting, and breathtaking regions in the ocean that many people never get to experience in their whole lives. Scuba divers hold important roles in society because of the discoveries they make on a daily basis. They provide much needed research that is important in the scientific community regarding newly discovered marine species.... [tags: Hobbies]
1710 words (4.9 pages)
- Diving Beauty, Tranquility, and having fun are all things that pull me back underwater every summer. Being deep underwater can calm my soul, letting me enjoy the wonderful scenes that only can be found under the rippling waves of the sea. About two years ago; we were in the keys on the southern tip on Florida, and had just boarded a fairly homely dive boat for my first ocean dive ever. My Father and I had been planning this trip for months, and today was the day it would happen. As the sound of the motors choking to start came into my ears, and the smell of the gasoline seeped into my nostrils I imagined where we were going to be in an hour.... [tags: essays papers]
887 words (2.5 pages)