The Educreations Interactive Whiteboard (Educreations, 2013), Show Me (Learnbat, 2013) and Explain Everything ™ apps are examples of screen casting apps suitable for a wide range of learners. These applications are both a web-based app and a device based app. Simply defined, screen casting is capturing all of the action on a screen while you are narrating. In addition to the previously mentioned apps, screencasts can be made with many computer programs such as Jing, screenr, Goview and even Smart Notebook. Our Blackboard sessions are also an example of a screencast. When using an iPad, students can write on the screen, insert images and describe their thought process. Depending on which app they use, students can save their work to the iPad’s camera roll, upload it to a website, or replay it directly from the app. These three apps also provide a hosting service, which allows users to both share their creations online and view lessons uploaded by other users.
How it works
Making a screencast is as easy as taping the record button and working with the tools provided to demonstrate your thoughts, knowledge, skill, etcetera… If you would like to add narration simply speak as you manipulate the action on the screen. All of the action and the sounds will be recorded. Lastly, the screencast is saved to the desired place and can then be uploaded and shared privately and publically. The three apps I have chosen have varying degrees of difficulty based on the tools the user has access to. Here are some relatively short tutorials explaining the basic functionality of each app.
To watch a 4 minute tutorial (Dakinane, Educreations Tutorial 1) on how to use Educreations please follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?...
... middle of paper ...
Dakinane. (Producer). (2013, June 24). Explain Everything Tutorial 2 [Web Video]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XZcIholrGc
Dakinane. (Producer). (2013, June 25). Explain Everything Tutorial 3 [Print Photo]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrBOodKH_SY
Educreations, Inc. (2013). Educreations Interactive Whiteboard (Version 1.5.4) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/educreations-interactive-whiteboard/id478617061?mt=8
Learnbat, Inc. (2013). ShowMe Interactive Whiteboard (Version 4.2.2.) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/showme-interactive-whiteboard/id445066279?mt=8
MorrisCooke (2013). Explain Everything™ (Version 2.25) [Mobile application software]. Retrieved from https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/explain-everything/id431493086
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Recently, there has been a reported surge in smartphone ownership, in the UK 51% of the population owning a smartphone , while in the US data show that about 95 million Americans used their mobile phones either as healthcare tools or to find health information. A recent research found that there are approximately 43,000 medical applications available online only in the iTunes store, and over 8,000 in the Google Play store, numbers that are growing by 150 percent per year . Statistics have demonstrated that on average, users check their smartphones every 6.5 minutes and each person has approximately 41 applications (apps) on the phone .... [tags: health apps, smartphones, medical apps]
1855 words (5.3 pages)
- Nontraditional Casting Nontraditional casting is also known as colour-blind casting and integrated casting. Non-traditional casting is defined as the casting of ethnic minority and female actors in roles where race, ethnicity, or sex is not considered. Watching Hollywood movies, there is much diversity in a movie depending on what the genre is. Hollywood looks for actors that fit the physical and talent description directors are looking for. Hollywood work with what they only have, not based on color.... [tags: Non-traditional, casting, diversity]
935 words (2.7 pages)
- Chromebooks are not without their limitations. They lack Java and all student work must be saved in the cloud. To overcome the technical obstacles that have arisen throughout this semester, there are apps and extensions that I have used with students to save documents and pictures, provide feedback, organize links, and create content. While there are thousands of apps and extensions available and I have only began to scratch the surface, here are a few of the tools that have made working on a Chromebooks more efficient and effective within my own classroom.... [tags: students, apps, projects]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Anton Chekhov was a Russian playwright who lived in the late 1800s. He wrote a comedy entitled The Bear, A Joke in One Act. This drama is about a man and woman who initially despise each other, but fall in love late in the play. Mrs. Popov is a widow who is unrealistically grieving over the loss of her husband. The leading male character in the play is Grigory Stepanovich Smirnov, a quick-tempered man who is looking to collect money that Mrs. Popov’s late husband owed him. Luka is Mrs. Popov’s footman, who also plays an important part in the play.... [tags: Film Casting Literature ]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- The Overlooked Job There 's nothing better than getting into your seat at a packed theater, settled in with your popcorn and snacks, and suddenly after just moments of the film you know it is going to blow you away. Many account the spectacular success in movies to the producers, directors, or actors, but how did they all find one another to make a spark on screen. A key player in making the connections and acting so amazing is the casting director, but many overlook this role. Essentially, casting is assigning a part in a movie, play, or other production, thus the casting director must find the perfect person for the job.... [tags: Actor, Film, Theatre, Acting]
1620 words (4.6 pages)
- Learning Fundamentals of Music with Best Apps in 2014 If you are aspiring to become a musician or you have innate passion for music and sounds, might as well learn about the music theory. And who knows that by just learning the basics this will lead you to a brighter future. The ABCs of Music: Definition of Terminologies and Descriptions Staff: This is made up of 5 horizontal lines and 4 spaces/ Pitches: Named after the first 7 letters of the alphabet – A, B, C, D, E, F, G, or La, Ti, Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol Clef: The symbol placed at the beginning of the staff.... [tags: theory, streaming, composition]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- For the most part, the casting of She Kills Monsters was very hit and miss for me. I thought that Lindsey Parodi did exceptionally well in the role of Agnus and I really enjoyed the maturity, yet childlike energy that she brought to the character. Janae Dunn did very well in her role as Tilly as well. Every time her character entered, I felt her strong presence, even when she wasn’t so strong as a character. The supporting cast was all over the place though. The cheerleaders were two characters that I did not enjoy watching at all, nor did I think that they were cast well.... [tags: Character, Protagonist, Fiction, Stevie Wonder]
1028 words (2.9 pages)
- Are you about to go into surgery. We have an app for that. There are mobile phone applications, “apps”, available for nearly every aspect of your life, including your health. There are categories specifically dedicated to medicine in Google Play and Apple’s App Store. The apps include guides to anatomy, pharmaceuticals, and patient treatment. These apps can be downloaded by anyone, but there are apps dedicated to just professionals as well. Until recently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) restricted radiologists from using mobile devices to view patient images.... [tags: applications, health, technology, health care]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- How would you feel if someone was portraying your race but instead of being the same race as you he has to put makeup on in order to look like you. In American cinema, there have been many occasions where actors are placed in roles where they portray a different racial or ethnic group. This has usually been white actors changing races, but more recently it has been minorities playing different minorities. This has caused an increase of public concern roe Cross racial/ ethnic casting leaving people involved in American cinematic questioning whether or not actors should be allowed to have a role as a person from another race/ethnic group.... [tags: stereotypes in early American cinema and vaudville]
631 words (1.8 pages)
- Casting a Circle Casting a circle is one of the most basic magickal acts that a Witch does. Circles are used for rituals and sometimes magickal workings. A circle does a number of things. Most importantly, it protects the practitioner(s) from spirits, negative energies, and other nasty things out there. With that in mind, please be sure to practice with extreme care and be sincere in what you are doing. Abide by the Wiccan Reed* and you should be fine. The circle also serves as a sacred place in which to do ritual workings like sabbat celebrations and certain spells.... [tags: essays research papers]
625 words (1.8 pages)