Educational Background: When Conant was 15, he enrolled in W.F. Kaynor Technical High School for culinary arts. After Conant graduated high school he attended the Culinary Institute of America. After graduating college, Scott has written several cookbooks and has opened many very popular, well-known restaurants.
Work Experience: Scott Conant interned at a famous restaurant in New York City named San Domenico. After Scott graduated at the CIA, he traveled to Munich, Germany for a year. After he came back to the United States, he worked as a sous chef at San Domenico where when he was in college, he interned at. in 1995, Scott was selected to be a chef at an Upper East Side Tuscan restaurant named Il Toscanaccio. Scott opened and became executive chef at an Italian restaurant named City Eatery. Later in his career, Scott opened many famous and well known Italian restaurants such as, Scarpetta Toronto at the Thompson Hotel in 2010, Scarpetta Beverly Hills and D.O.C.G. Enoteca at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.
Publications/Media: Scott has made many television appearances such as, Martha Stewart Living, The Today Show, Good Morning America, and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations. Scott has also judged for many shows such as, Top Chef for Seasons 2, 4 and 5, and Chopped for seasons 1, 4, 6, and 9. Conant has also hosted for 24 Hour Restaurant Battle where he was also the head judge. Scott has also written three cookbooks, Scott Conant's New Italian Cooking in 2005, Bold Italian in 2008, and The Scarpetta Cookbook ...
... middle of paper ...
...ease the speed to medium. Slowly add the remaining sugar to the egg whites and continue to mix.
Once the egg whites are at medium peaks, remove the bowl from the mixer and sift over the flour mixture a little at a time as you fold it together. When completely combined, transfer to a 10-inch ungreased angel food cake pan. Transfer to the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from the oven and invert while still in the pan. Let cool for at least an hour upside down.
Insert a knife around the edges and remove from the pan. Serve.
Conclusion: To conclude, Scott Conant is a very interesting chef that has been cooking for over 30 years. He is an Italian chef that has come a long way since his first interest in cooking when he was 11. Scott has opened many restaurants and continues to develop new restaurants and cookbooks to share his culinary excellence with the world!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A family walks into a restaurant and orders a meal. The father orders a steak and mashed potatoes and the mother orders a shrimp scampi. They also order a cheesecake for dessert. They wait about 15 - 20 minutes and their orders come out piping hot and beautifully plated. They will never know the chefs that cooked their food and the work that went into it. There are a number of people responsible for preparing the food and making sure it is the best quality it can be , but the most important positions are an executive chef and a sous chef .... [tags: Chef, Culinary art, High school, Cooking]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Creating fancy cakes, breads, delectable desserts and other treats are the specialties of pastry chefs. Desserts are difficult to make but everyone loves them. Customers especially love desserts that are new, appealing, and even desserts that remind them of home. Being a classically trained pastry chef is an honor and I am lucky enough to call myself one. Not only is being a classically trained pastry chef an honor, it is rare to find chefs with that title. I can create traditional and nontraditional, delicious and visually appealing desserts that have been praised by the highest critics.... [tags: Chef, Pastry chef, Chefs, Culinary art]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- We all look up to someone. Some people look up to famous people, politicians, and people close to the heart. But, a person can’t just wake up one morning feeling inspired. To be inspired by someone he or she must grab our attention and have valuable qualities. Geoffrey Zakarian is the person I wish to emulate. [Zakarian] can please people with simple tastes; [and] he is at his best when the cooking becomes more complicated (Reichl). Geoffrey Zakarian is successful because he is well-educated and passionate which is what makes him one of the best chefs in New York City.... [tags: ironk chef america, cooking, new york city]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Baking What do you think is the most popular job to have in the hospitality industry. I think it is a pastry chef. So what you hearing about are going to be about baking. First, you’re going to hear about educational requirements and recommendations. Second you’re going to hear about salary ranges and geographic effects and how many hours required each week and what is a typical day like in this career when you reach the career goal. Third you’re going to hear about what skills and sets are required.... [tags: pastry chef, education, salary, career, skills]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- - Hey, you can 't be here. - Says who. Guess who I found trying to steal. Where 's Pretty 's calculator. You thief. Chef Sipho, how many times have I told you... to always have your set of knives with you. Apologies, Chef. I 'll have to fail you. I said things I shouldn 't have said about you. I 'm sorry, Mr Kgomo. It 's clear that the two of you can 't work together. I have to let one of you go. Wow, Sister. Since when do you drink coffee. - Black coffee, at that. - Brother, I need it. I don 't know what 's waiting for me at work.... [tags: 2005 singles, 2007 singles, 2008 singles]
2507 words (7.2 pages)
- The pleasant times baking warm chocolate chip cookies with mom to learning how to sauté thirty dollar plates at Pappasitos Cantina. I have always enjoyed cooking regardless of what kind of food it was, since as long as I can remember I was attempting to cook something or the other and I may have improved quite a bit since childhood. Nevertheless, I had extraordinary amounts of fun learning all that my mom had to teach me. She taught me small things like spraying down the pan before placing the dough down or making sure the temperature would make perfection arise in the end, to the substantial’s corresponding the quality of the products, which are used, and the cleanliness of the work area.... [tags: Cooking, Food, Chef, Culinary art]
702 words (2 pages)
- A preference theory is a philosophical theory that the fulfilment of preferences is the only thing that matters in contributing to well-being. Well-being can be seen as what people ultimately want to achieve; the “ultimate good”1. In terms of preference theory, for you to reach the state of well-being then you must have your preferences satisfied. Preference theories can be split into two distinct categories, actual preference theory and ideal preference theory2. Actual preference theory deals with preferences people actually have, regardless of misinformation or irrationality, while ideal preference theory is interested in what we would “hypothetically” prefer, if we were completely inf... [tags: Phylosophy, Well-being]
1864 words (5.3 pages)
- The chefs who have made the greatest impression know that their successes depend upon several factors, some of which are inherent; some which are diligently cultivated. Becoming a professional chef not only requires a thorough understanding in food preparation, but many other important points as well. Auguste Escoffier, the originator of modern foodservice wrote; "No theories, no formulae, no recipe, no matter how well written, can take the place of experience." (1) The formal educational process must begin with the choice of institution, in the United States, the Culinary Institute of America, New York is the leader in traditional culinary cuisine preparation.... [tags: Career Essays]
898 words (2.6 pages)
- With the growth of the Food Network, more people than ever are interesting in fine dining, and in the people who create that experience. Many of those people are referred to as executive chefs. But in reality, an executive chef is more involved in management and supervision than in actual cooking in a restaurant ("Cooks and Chefs" ¶13). Executive chef is a job that requires specialized training and years of apprenticeship and business skills, as well as a love of food and cooking. The idea of a master, or executive, chef, came about in the eighteenth century.... [tags: Culinary Arts]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- Chef This epic tale of love and deception takes us back in time to the year nineteen hundred and eighty seven. Early one morning in London, England, we find ourselves in the kitchen of Chef. This sweet mouthwatering scent of Salisbury steak fills the room. This was to be the finest steak Chef had ever prepared. He planned to enter a contest with this masterpiece, the prize being a cruise to Greenland. To Chef, this was the land of paradise. He would be the only man there to seduce and womanize the native females.... [tags: essays research papers]
1104 words (3.2 pages)