In other words, we can say that we are breathing Internet every day and with the use of smartphones, the Internet became available most of the time. Therefore, the Internet becomes an important tool for many businesses, organizations and scientists around the globe. Throughout the Internet, many organizations can collect the data they need, analyze these data and make an important decision to support the organization goals. This was one of the main reasons to come up with the science of Web Analytics.
There is many definition for web analytics and one defines web analytics as “ a way of learning how users interact with websites and mobile apps by automatically recording aspects of users’ behavior and then combining and transforming the behavior into data that can be analyzed” (Beasley, 2013). In addition, according to (Kaushik, 2010) web analytics is analyzing the organization and its competitors’ qualitative and quantitative website data in order to improve their product or services. The most common tool in web analytics is to record the web page views and specify the location of them, which can be called web traffic. Many business functions, especially marketing, are using web analytics tools to help them make a better decisions regarding customer behavior.
Web analytics are a combination of many elements, each one has a strategy or tool that need to be solved using one of these ...
... middle of paper ...
... and “What does the users likes?” …etc. However, not all visitors could be counted as unique visitors. For example, search robots or bots cannot be considered as unique visitors because they are not actual users. The following picture shows how Google Analytics present the number of visitors and the actual number of unique visitors.
Source : Ninja analytics
One of the main tools that any organization can use is web analytics, which helps the web site owners to understand the users’ behavior to word their web site. This tool will return many benefits for the organization and increase the customer satisfaction. In this paper, I also mentioned the page caching and the challenges that come with the search robots and unique visitors. Finally, we can say that the Web Analytics is an important tool that all companies and organizations must take advantage of.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First thing we do every morning is check our smart phone for new tweets, funny pictures or videos or new posts from our friends and family. According to statista.com the number of smartphone users around the world in 2015 was around 1859 million users. In addition, the number will increase every year as shown in the following figure. In other words, we can say that we are breathing Internet every day and with the use of smartphones, the Internet became available most of the time. Therefore, the Internet becomes an important tool for many businesses, organizations and scientists around the globe.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Internet]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Our every day life has changed forever, thanks for the ubiquitous smart phones and technology dependent information age. We leave a trail of data while travelling, shopping, driveing, bloggin, and even voting. All of these activities leave a digital signature unique to us, which if analyzed can predict our next move. Similarly, a large set of data is being created each day by businesses, researchers and the World Wide Web. According to an estimate by the government, there are about 1.2 zettabytes (250 billion DVDs) of electronic data generated each year by everything from underground physics experiments and telescopes to retail transactions and Twitter posts (Mervis 22).... [tags: Technology, Data Growth, Big Data]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- The first time I attended college I studied business and took all my electives in computer classes. I found both areas of study fascinating, but chose to pursue business. I worked my way through school by painting heavy equipment: semis, trailers, large cranes and tugboats; that led me to start a painting business. After a couple of years, my largest customer made me an offer I could not refuse, Operations Manager for their Marine Division. I enjoyed that position for many years until the company founder passed and the family decided to break apart the business and sell its’ assets.... [tags: Bachelor's degree, Academic degree]
750 words (2.1 pages)
- The recent studies shown that almost 30 million companies have a great investments in “Web Analytics”, but they still struggle to make right or meaningful business decisions. Moreover, there are terabytes of data and gigabytes of reports and megabytes of Excel and PowerPoint files which store in most companies without taking any advantage of all those data and actionable insights. Also, many of those companies lack someone who can analyze the huge amount of data and someone who can make a right decision.... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Data, Page view]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- During my final college days I had no time to decide what my future should be like, I was selected for internship in a small company called Softsquare, Softsquare trained me in salesforce CRM and cloud technology the work was very demanding as I had to work for around 15 hours for 6 days a week and mostly had to self learn the technology and processes, which did not take long, later after 6 months I had an opportunity to work with cognizant where I worked with java and mainframe and was working for Walmart primarily finance and replenishment applications, The job was very interesting and I found broken links and took up fixing those as a challenges and started to write codes, fix bugs and cl... [tags: Business intelligence, Analytics, Data mining]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- “For every $10 you spend on web analytics technology, you should spend $90 on analysts, analysis and intelligence”. Although technology platforms and tools are becoming cheaper, their wider use in organizations requires greater attention on users and related human systems. Various studies have brought up that while all Fortune 500 organizations have awesome interests in "Web Analytics" regardless they battle to settle on any significant business choices. The vast majority grumble that there are Terabytes of information and Gigabytes of reports and Megabytes of Excel and PowerPoint documents.... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Figure It Out]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Avinash Kaushik in his blog proposed the 10/90 rule.  According to him, many large companies that have invested in web analytics tools still struggle to make any meaningful business decisions. Apparently, there is a no dearth of data that is collected via these web analytics tools for these companies. However, the caveat here is that there is no real useful information that is being analyzed from these data. In other words, there are not sufficient people with expertise in these areas working on these web analytics tools for these companies to make any meaningful suggestions from the data for the companies to implement and in return increase their profits or whatever they are trying to ac... [tags: Web analytics, World Wide Web, Google, Page view]
704 words (2 pages)
- There is a famous Quote by Bob Becker -“ Math and Science are the LIFE BLOOD of the future ’’ Today, the world is moving faster than ever before. Technologies afford us instant access and split-second connections. At the same time, consumer expectations are rising to sky level as we learn to take speed for granted. How will we keep pace in a world that moves at web speed. Today math plays a major role in technology and sciences. Science and math were initially found together, and they are best adapted together now.... [tags: Education, High school, Mathematics]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Web analytics is the process of analyzing the behavior of visitors to a website. The use of Web analytics is said to enable a business to attract more visitors, retain or attract new customers for goods or services, or to increase the dollar volume each customer spends. By monitoring a Web analytics dashboard, businesses will be able to keep track of the traffic on their websites and tweak them whenever need arises. There are two categories of Web analytics, On-site and Off-site web analytics. Off-site web analytics is used for web measurement and analysis regardless of who owns the website, on the contrary, On-site web analytics is used to for analysis of one’s own website performance.... [tags: Web server, World Wide Web, Cache, Web page]
1293 words (3.7 pages)
- Are you curious why every time you browse the internet there are advertisements similar to what you searched for on the internet for the past days or even the past weeks. Are you amazed how Spotify would have suggested playlist for you that are similar to what genre of songs you listen to. Ever wonder why every time you go to online stores like Amazon, there are recommended items for you. All of these things are possible with the help of technology, especially web analytics. These sites and applications use web analytics to analyze their users or customers.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Web design]
1143 words (3.3 pages)