Do you remember what it felt like to be a teen and wonder what your future would become? That is right where I am at. As a freshman in high school, I have begun thinking about what my future in life will be. Which school, what career path, and where? All of these options are very overwhelming. At the moment, I would like to follow the path of engineering, manufacturing, and technology, and pursue college degrees in computer science and mechanical engineering. In order to achieve my dream, I can use background career knowledge, ACT test requirements, and habits designed to help you get to where you want to go.
To begin, I would like to go to college. I am not quite sure where, but I know I will attend college. The fields that interest me are in Science, Technology, and Engineering. As a mechanical engineer, I could end up designing or fixing machines. I may have to design in CAD, and also be an overseer or builder of machines. As a software engineer, I would find problems within a computer program and fix them, or build applications from scratch. I could even have to develop a larger computer system. The career pathway for mechanical engineering requires 4 years, and a software engineer requires 4 years. On average, these educations need a minimum of 24. Engineering and programming jobs would be good for me because I like to work with CAD and programming. Going to a camp during summer really sparked my interest in coding, and engineering has also always been an interest of mine. I also really enjoy the challenge that problems give me. Right now I am taking CAD I, and am learning the basics of what a mechanical designer needs to do. In the future, auto shop might be a good class because of all the mechanical parts and repair...
... middle of paper ...
...ive my body. I love to find humorous jokes, and funny pictures, so renewing my heart was never a big problem. Replenishing my soul is kind of difficult. I like just relaxing, but my definition is different from the book’s. I like to play video games, or read. In the end, I am alright at “Sharpening the Saw”, but I could still improve.
All said, my dream is to become a software or mechanical engineer. I will someday go to college, and goals to improve on the ACT will undoubtedly help me get there. My dream of becoming an engineer can also be helped by The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. There are some habits that I am ok at, and numerous habits that really need to be improved. The 7 habits can help me accomplish my dreams, and what happens beyond that. In the end, any dream can be accomplished if you simply put in a little time, effort, and work towards improving.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Mechanical Engineering The Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology defines Engineering as, “ the profession in which knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to utilize, economically, the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind. “(ABET). An Engineer in my own words would be someone that is a problem solver and enjoys finding ways to improve imperfect designs. Examining closer at the specific discipline of Mechanical Engineering I have found the specific fields of study many Mech.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Mechanical Engineering Christian Solorzano PID: 5313474 Engineering is the application of science and mathematics to construct innovative designs using natural resources to benefit mankind. Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design and use of machines. Mechanical engineer’s main objective is to take a product from an idea to the marketplace. In other words, they create and plan the idea on paper, design the idea so it can sell, and then ensure that the machine functions safely and efficiently.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Abstract Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the principles to create and construct machines and their parts. Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest disciplines. Mechanical engineering became important after the industrial revolution in the 19th century. Mechanical engineering has continued to improve with new technology making it an important and exciting career path. Mechanical engineers design, create, construct, and maintain a mechanical system. Students who want to enroll in this field should have a strong foundation in Math, Science, and Physics.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering, Design]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the design analysis and manufacturing of mechanical systems. This major is highly math especially calculus and physics-based one of the great things about mechanical engineering is that is highly versatile in what you can do. Students who graduate as a mechanical engineering major can go into construction, automotive, heating, and air-conditioning, robotics, combustion engines, and much more. Mechanical Engineering is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today.... [tags: Mechanical engineering, Engineering]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Mechanical engineering is a very broad and diverse job. Mechanical engineers are “thinkers and constructers”. They take ideas and turn them into real life. They “research, design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal censors and devices, including tools, engines, and machines”, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Basically, mechanical engineers work with anything that moves. Becoming a mechanical engineer is not very easy; it can take up to 4 years just to receive your bachelor.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- Search Story It took me a while to finally realize what I wanted to do for my project. It took me sometime but I finally realize that cars have always been my life. For this very reason is why I choose to go with something that involve cars. Mechanical Engineering stood out to me because it involves the creation of the cars. The way the engine works is due to Mechanical Engineers, without engineers like them we would be lost. I choose Mechanical Engineering because I already have some knowledge when it comes to cars.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1241 words (3.5 pages)
- Nico Berryhill 8th grade December 15 2017 Period 4 Mechanical Engineer. Because it is so awesome, my brother and my step sister works on mechanical engineer, and Iron man he works on mechanical engineer too ¨ so awesome¨ and so I get a all lot of money. They do Mechanical Engineer design and create machines and mechanical systems like Introduction to engineering, Computer integrated manufacturing, Principles of engineering, and engineering mathematics.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- In the last one hundred years or more, mankind has been making huge and extreme technological advances. Everything from automobiles to computers, and even robots that clean homes have been invented recently. There are many contributing factors, such as innovators and inventers like Benjamin Franklin, Nikola Tesla, and Alexander Graham Bell. Individuals across the world benefit from the works of these men and many other intellectuals. However, there are few more responsible than those who are engineers.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- I am applying for a Masters in Mechanical Engineering with a concentration in Solid Mechanics to expand on my study of and experience with materials. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying Materials Science and Engineering as an undergraduate at UCLA. I now look forward to moving into graduate study in a field of engineering with a related, but different perspective. Materials Science and Engineering has allowed me to explore both materials and other fields within engineering, contributing to my strong interest in combining my study of Materials Science and Engineering with Mechanical Engineering.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Expository essay: Everything is real. Have you ever thought about how people like Steve Jobs or Bill Gates became the people who everybody knows. Imagine if those guys have a bachelor’s degree how more successful they could be. I have asked myself the question above and I found out that they were going for the things that they loved. For instance, when Steve Jobs was young he liked everything what was related to mechanisms. He built his first computer right in the garage. I am applying for mechanical engineering program in science department because it is my thing and I am 100% sure I will be a good engineer.... [tags: Engineering, Mechanical engineering]
757 words (2.2 pages)