Want to know a fun fact did you know only twenty three percent of schools in the United States have school uniforms .What is the history of school uniforms how did they come to be and do they really improve school district with academics and behavior ? Would you ever think that they violate any rights children and young adults should have ? How does it benefit parents,guardians or teachers? Most Importantly are school uniforms helpful for children and young adults ? All these questions were asked carefully thought through to make this decision. Well, even if a decision is made doesn 't it make it a better one ?
School Districts believe if you give children and young teens uniforms in their learning environment that it will improve their academic achievements and behavior in school . But does it really help in article by Marian Wilde says “A 2005 study, on the other hand, indicates that in some Ohio high school uniforms may have improved graduation and attendance rates, although no improvements were observed in academic performance.’’so do they really help in academic performance ? School uniforms have had a failure so far one because some uniforms are not affordable uniform shirts range up to thirty to forty dollars not including the slacks and nice dress shoes . School districts say if you give students ' uniforms that it will decrease the violence rate in a school itself .How you might ask well uniforms are supposed to help with gang violence, but, many schools, especially city schools base their uniforms on school colors so imagine if there was a school that had a red and blue spirit colors well that separates groups depending on their gang colors so unifo...
... middle of paper ...
...ot to worry about if the uniform is right or not that takes away from learning time . Uniforms in schools when created were supposed to make all these problems better and improve school districts, but instead had only made it complicated and worse for parents students and teachers. In the end school uniforms aren 't always the answer.
"Are School Uniforms Helping or Hindering?" TODAY. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Nov. 2014
"School Uniform Statistics." Statistic Brain RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Nov. 2014
. "Do Uniforms Make Schools Better?" GreatSchools. Marian Wilde, n.d. Web. 11 Nov. 2014
"Facts and Figures - More About School Uniforms - School Info - French Toast School Uniforms." Facts and Figures - More About School Uniforms - School Info - French Toast School Uniforms. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Nov. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- School Uniforms A group of small boys and girls all wearing the same colored school uniforms assembled in front of a catholic school is what I imagine when thinking about school uniforms. This is probably what most people imagine. They have been attached to students of European and private schools. Such pictures of students dressing in school uniforms have led to stereotyping and a negative attitude towards schools enforcing a uniform policy. Displayed as robots without the ability to express them selves in a society that says you must express yourself and be an individual at all cost.... [tags: School Uniforms, education]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- If compared to previous generations, the students living in the 21st century should have a bright future ahead of them. To create that future one must first go to school. Is the main purpose of school having to deal with oppression and injustice or is it to give children a proper education and an opportunity to learn. Mandatory school uniforms are a very controversial issue. Clothing impacts a student’s daily life. The clothes they choose to wear, makes them who they are. A student may choose to express who they are or who they want to become through the clothing they wear.... [tags: mandatory school uniforms, education]
1382 words (3.9 pages)
- Students and parents, especially students, are stressing out about having to wear school uniforms. Requiring school uniform has done many destruction to students. It has made them feel uncomfortable that it has get them to the point where they can not even learn. Researchers in University of Nevada established that 90 percent of students in school do not like wearing school uniforms (Should Students Have to Wear School Uniforms). Many students feel that wearing a dress code takes away their right and they feel like their opinions don 't even matter.... [tags: Dress code, School uniform, Education, Uniforms]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- School Uniforms are in a way very unique and different, but what is really the reason that students should have to wear them. The United States is supposed to be a country of freedom and individuality. Each and every person in the world is different, and by making people dress the same they cannot express themselves fairly the way that they would like to. It is sensible for schools to be able to make dress codes, but telling students they have to all dress the same is absolutely ridiculous. Having school uniforms is not necessary, and there are many reasons to prove why schools should not make their students wear uniforms.... [tags: school dress codes]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Has the society ever made you wonder why the schools have a dress code and not uniforms. The high school that I currently attend has numerous problems dealing with the dress code because some students decide not to acknowledge it. Teachers have to take some time out of their teaching time to send the students to the office for dressing inappropriately. Even though there have been various problems associated with the dress code policy, schools still enforce the policy. Considering the fact that students cannot correctly follow the simple dress code, schools should require students to wear uniforms.... [tags: Dress code, Education, Uniform, Uniforms]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- Uniforms: Should they be a requirement or not for School. “Children are supposed to be benefiting equally from a free education. Children are being penalized and denied their right to an equal education simply because their parents cannot afford the basics.” (Waterman, 2014) While in a perfect world many educators say that school uniforms are an asset, however, school uniforms are seen to be financial hardship on low-income families, make students a target for bullying, infringe on a students’ freedom of expression rights and they teach students a negative lesson about conformity.... [tags: Education, Dress code, High school, Uniforms]
1397 words (4 pages)
- Do people really have freedom. Freedom of speech. Freedom to wear what they want. When people go to certain jobs they have to wear a uniform or a suit. This is also true in school. Some schools make students wear uniforms. Although some people may say that school uniforms help prevent kids from spending time picking out their clothes in the morning, they are wrong because kids will just have fits and not want to put on their uniform because it is not comfortable. There should not be school uniforms because there is evidence that it lowers academic scores, restricts students ' freedom of expression, causes a higher percent of violence at school, and promotes conformity over individuality.... [tags: High school, Education, Dress code, Uniforms]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- School Uniforms School is something we all know and understand. Regardless of whether we wanted it or not, we have all passed through school. School is, first and foremost, a place designed for people to go and learn. It is a place to better yourself, to learn facts, discipline, to learn social and economic skills. But for all that school is intended for, people go for different reasons. Some are hardworking and academically minded, they go to learn, to set a good foundation for their future, with an aim of becoming successful and accomplished in their career.... [tags: Education, Clothing, Dress code, Uniforms]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- The ringing of the alarm clock that is placed directly beside your bed wakes you. The high pitched alarm practically pierces your brain and makes you get out of your warm, cozy bed. Time to head to school. You have to wake up every day the moment that alarm goes off or else you’re toast. If you are late again, your school record is sure to take a hit. But wait… what are you going to wear. Is this a dilemma you face each morning. Do you have trouble wanting to get out of your bed, and then faced with the troubling question of what cool, clean, unwrinkled outfit you should wear that day.... [tags: uniforms, public schools, fashion,]
709 words (2 pages)
- Introduction According to one Caribbean historian, Carl Campbell (1992), schools reflect the societies that create them. The 21st century has presented many challenges. While on the one hand we are faced with rapidly improving technology, we are also faced with global environmental, health and economic crises such as we have never experienced before. We are also witnessing the widespread collapse of societal institutions like the family, judiciary and even the religious systems. Our societies seem to be breeding a new level of violence and chaos.... [tags: education, school uniforms]
2009 words (5.7 pages)