A policy for school uniform will decrease the violence and crime rates within schools. For instance, it is harder to conceal weapons while wearing school uniforms. Within the fifteen years I went to schools in Anguilla I heard little about students bringing weapons to the school. During the four years I was going to school in Georgia I heard about students bring weapons to school. In the past there have been several studies. Some studies have shown a connection between school uniforms and a decrease in crime rates. The numbers of the conducted studies was agreed. According to Psychology Today, statistics show since the mandate of school uniforms in Long Beach, California, “overall crime has declined by 91%, it also states that suspensions have decreased by 90” (Chatterjee). One thing, the faculty members will be able to identify who is and who is not a student of that school. Violence among today’s youn...
... middle of paper ...
... Hammons, Principal of Woodland Middle School in Coeur d 'Alene, ID, stated that uniforms "provide for less distraction, less drama, and more of a focus on learning.” (“School Uniforms”) This shows if uniforms are implemented students wouldn’t have any sorts of distractions and they can put their focus on their school work.
In conclusion, having the whole state of Georgia wearing school uniforms is a solution that schools should implement. School uniforms have several advantages. School uniforms are beneficial. A few reasons school uniforms should be required is that it will help save parent’s money. Another reason is that, school uniforms will protect students from crime. In addition, people who are in gang wouldn’t see gang colors. With school uniforms it will also help students stay focused. If there was a vote on school uniforms will you be for it or against it?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- School Uniforms Should Be Mandatory in Schools For many decades school systems have wondered about school uniforms and whether they are beneficial to the students or not. The typical school uniform is seen, most commonly, in private schools; however, some public school systems have switched to school uniforms. Why should all schools, public and private, switch to a uniform. School uniforms are beneficial to the student because they limit clothing distractions, promote an organized structure, decrease the necessity to buy excessive amounts of street clothes, and will eliminate the controversy of having a school dress code.... [tags: Dress code, School uniform, Education]
1754 words (5 pages)
- Should school uniforms be mandatory for students to wear. Do they have a negative impact on students or a positive impact. They are a lot of disagreements on whether or not school uniforms should be mandatory for students to wear. Some people believe school uniforms help improve school safety and students achievement, but others think differently. People on the other side of the argument see uniforms as a violation of students right to freedom of expression and believe they are just far more expensive than civilian clothes.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Secondary school]
1873 words (5.4 pages)
- In the past, people debated about school uniforms whether uniforms should be required for student to wear or not. Uniforms are basically an outfit that student wear. School uniforms may sound outdated, but will help children in the long run. According to New York Times, former President Bill Clinton’s 1996 state of Union address called for all 16,000 school districts to adopt a uniform policy” (Kershaw). The public school district in Long Beach, California was the first to adopt the uniform policy.... [tags: High school, Education, Dress code, Uniforms]
847 words (2.4 pages)
- Do people really have freedom. Freedom of speech. Freedom to wear what they want. When people go to certain jobs they have to wear a uniform or a suit. This is also true in school. Some schools make students wear uniforms. Although some people may say that school uniforms help prevent kids from spending time picking out their clothes in the morning, they are wrong because kids will just have fits and not want to put on their uniform because it is not comfortable. There should not be school uniforms because there is evidence that it lowers academic scores, restricts students ' freedom of expression, causes a higher percent of violence at school, and promotes conformity over individuality.... [tags: High school, Education, Dress code, Uniforms]
1778 words (5.1 pages)
- Do you know school uniforms can change our society. School uniforms were suggested in 1970’s. There are a lot of pro’s and con’s over uniforms in schools. Therefore, School Uniforms became debatable. Students are future of the country they can change the country. So, It is very important to take a right decision over School Uniforms. Uniforms should be mandatory in every school to bring discipline in students. School students do not understand why uniforms are Important. So, we should spread words and make people realize that school uniforms are worthy.... [tags: Education, Dress code, High school, Clothing]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Should School Uniforms be Mandatory. Should students wear uniforms. Some parents say yes because their kids get picked on because of what they wear, some kids say no because they hate uniforms or they hate looking like everyone else. Uniforms can be a pro and a con; they can help the school community, but also can tear your school in half. Uniforms aren't mandatory in many public schools, hardly any in Virginia. 16.5% of all the public schools in the United States required students to wear uniforms.... [tags: decreasing bullying, concentrating on studies]
612 words (1.7 pages)
- Many debates form over the opinion of whether schools should require students to wear uniforms. Some schools go through the same argument annually of whether to enforce school uniforms the following school year. A number of people argue that uniforms take away from the students’ individuality, while other people concur that uniforms generate unity within the school. Even though many people disagree with school uniforms, countless reasons are evident that uniforms should be mandatory. School uniforms provide schools with many positive results.... [tags: policy, politics, education]
1106 words (3.2 pages)
- School Uniforms Should be Mandatory A uniform is a standard set of clothes that is worn by a group of people. These people may be members of an organization or a group of people having the same ideas. There are thousands of kinds of uniforms in the world worn by people, such as police officers, firefighters, doctors, lawyers, security guards, and even fast-food restaurant workers. School uniforms are a controversial issue in schools today. Many schools have already adopted a policy mandating school uniforms, while many more are still considering the change.... [tags: standard set of clothes, education]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- If you remember wearing an uniform to school, then congratulations- you once belonged to a scattering of public schools that implemented such a rule. Although it is not as popular now as it was in the 1950’s, there is still yet an ongoing debate about whether or not schools should conform back to a mandatory uniform policy. School uniforms actually has many benefits. These gains intertwines with the educational process, which ultimately affects how students act and their performance beyond a school setting.... [tags: Dress code, Education, Uniforms, High school]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- There has been much discussion about wearing school uniform. Some people may think that the school uniform is recently used, but actually the school uniform existed centuries ago. The first use of the school uniform was in 1222. Also, in the 16th centuries in England the school “Christ Hospital Boarding” impose blue cassocks and yellow stockings to the children, Reflect the look of the priests ho take care of them. This uniform is still use that makes it the oldest uniform dress in history. The united stat was strict with the uniform system, only ho allows to ware the uniform is the privet and the parochial schools until 1987.... [tags: High school, Middle school, College, Education]
889 words (2.5 pages)