What I do have is drive; a passion for competition; a frighteningly fierce desire to achieve every goal I set for myself, and a consistent track record of excellence as a result. I set goals, I push boundaries, and I challenge myself to expand the limits of who I believe I am and what I believe I can do. My strength as an applicant goes far beyond the numbers attached to my name; my strength lies in my refusal to accept mediocrity within myself, no matter how hard the path to excellence may be. I work for each and every success that comes my way, and law school is the most important goal in my life so far. I am more than my test scores and my GPA; I am a fearless, passionate woman, and I believe wholeheartedly that this makes me an excellent choice for Ottawas law program.
The fact that I have been on the Deans list for every year of my university career is no accident. I wake up each and every day and I work: I read as much as I can, I research, I throw myself fully and completely into the material that I have the opportunity to study and the professors I am privileged enough to hear speak. My Gender Studies degree has given me the tools to become an intellectual explorer. I question, I dig, I think deeply and critically, and I refuse to take information at face value. I ask more questions than I am able to answer, but I never stop trying to answer them. My appetite for knowledge has matured into a pass...
... middle of paper ...
...ch under the supervision of bosses who constantly challenged me to push myself beyond perceived limits. I was even hired to work for the gallery part-time during my second year of university. This meant that on top of a busy school schedule, I commuted to Whitby every Thursday afternoon, and stayed in Whitby until Sunday evening in order to plan the entire programming for the upcoming summer at the Gallery. Much like in everything else I commit to, I poured my heart and soul into the Station Gallery.
It is for all of these reasons and more that I am more than the numbers attached to my application. I want to continue being a leader, to inspire others, and to continue to grow as a strong and bold woman with a career in the law. My entire life has always been about preparing myself for the grueling nature of law school, and I know I am ready. I hope you feel the same.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marriage is one of the most important goal in people life, create a family, have kids, live together ever after. Find the right person isn 't easy, we can spend most of our life looking for our soulmate, Dreaming with a fairy tale with the “one” and get married. That 's basically my history and the story of many men and women in this world. Sadly the continue with the marriage is uncertain. Last studies show a incrementation of divorces on the last ten years. According with the statistics in US, 45% to 50% of the first marriage and the 60% to 70% of the second marriage end on divorce.... [tags: Marriage, Alimony, Divorce, Wife]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Being involved in High school is an important goal for our future generation for the reason that it determines upcoming achievements. This involvement provides a push for students to become motivated for success. As a result this success can prepare students for the real world after high school. The three most important involvement a student can participate in is with grades, sports and clubs. These three involvements can cause a student to succeed and learn more about the real world. To demonstrate, grades are a personal feedback given to students about their progress and accomplishments.... [tags: High school, College, Education, University]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Out of everything that we 've learned this quarter, goal setting was something that stood out to me. There are a few times where I set a goal in my head but end up never achieving them, wether it was something very simple or more of a long term goal. A technique that stood out to me in our notes is, writing down your goals. I don 't I 've ever written down a single goal that I 've had. In class and in our notes we talked about how it is important to write down your goals and how you cannot just write the general idea of your goal, but how you need to be very specific in what it is you want to achieve.... [tags: Goal, Management, Goal setting, Learning styles]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- 1) Reflect on your personal learning goal (you developed in your learning contract) (33 points) Do this. A. Be honest. This is about self-awareness and points are not added for achievement of your goal. B. State your personal learning goal(s). C. Explain why you identified that particular goal(s). D. Describe how you “practiced” or worked to achieve the goal(s), what happened along the way, and how you felt about your process. E. Describe what you have accomplished and/or not accomplished on your personal goal(s) – and thoughts/feelings connected to where you are now.... [tags: Learning, Knowledge, Goal, Skill]
1102 words (3.1 pages)
- I have learned a great deal of concepts and skills while taking COLA 100E. Some of the concepts i have learned are time management, leadership, and goal setting. Within three weeks I have soaked in numerous of information regarding these concepts. Education can used as a tool to achieve goals in a career and improve as a person in life. Mastering the skill of managing time is critical for success in college and in life beyond college (Heavy & Gianoutsos, 2013). Time management is one of the most difficult skill to master throughout my life.... [tags: Management, Goal, Leadership, Skill]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- Education is the most significant goal for anyone in the world to achieve. It helps people to gain knowledge and to enlarge their perspective views in taking action in daily life. So Parents ought to recognize the value of education, see it as a priceless gift, and endear their children in learning since childhood-as its the most important stage in kid 's life. Actually, there is no restrictions nor limitations on education; every now and then, technology takes place and ease the learning ways for all ages, as everyone should learn and it continues until death.... [tags: Education, High school, School, Teacher]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- After the orientation last fall, I used the goal setting sheet to set only one goal. The goal I set was to manage my time in such as way as to not be completing assignments at the last minute. This first year was bumpy as we ran into various problems related to the move and childcare ,although I started out strong, I slipped back into my habit of focusing only what was due the next class period and catching up on the weekend. My goals this year will include the previous goal of starting assignments early so I am not completing them quickly before it is due, as well as utilizing the Professor 's office hours and participating more in class discussions; a major difference being I will have a c... [tags: Management, Goal, Palme d'Or, The Conversation]
1120 words (3.2 pages)
- Education Done Right “While modern education seeks only to propel a student toward the utilitarian goal of a successful career, the classical, Christian education seeks to nurture the whole person, preparing him to participate fully in all realms of this world and the next” (Classical 16). Our education is the most important thing in our lives. It is our way of going out into the world and making a living and place for ourselves. It is not something we should take lightly. As we grow older, we are faced with having to decide which college to attend or even which school system to send our children to one day.... [tags: School, Teacher, Education, Private school]
2405 words (6.9 pages)
- When planning for our future it is important to have clear goals in mind and to understand the steps that need to be taken to achieve those goals. My long-term goal is to run my own counseling center and employee at least one other person. Some Skills I already possess that will allow me to succeed with this plan are my ability to relate to people and be consistent in following the steps needed, even though it will be a long and tedious process. To ensure that I can achieve my goal of owning my own counseling center there are goals that need to be achieved ahead of time.... [tags: Goal, Need, Want, Management]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- The most important educational goal that I expect to achieve within the next year is too participate in a research program that will allow me to expand my intellectual curiosity through an in depth analysis of scientific issues. I also plan to build my network and be more professionally diverse. Being that I am going into a professional field I would like to attend more conferences and eventually be able to participate in one so that I can interact with other like-minded individuals while strengthening my scientific knowledge and expanding my network.... [tags: Learning, Graduate school, Medicine, Skill]
1249 words (3.6 pages)