The overall design of campus will advocate the holistic focus of New Spring Middle School. Learning Gardens and a wetland area will exist as additional academic resources for students. In addition, these areas will be a source of creativity. An example of these resources would entail the use of the gardens by science and industrial classes to grow vegetables. Once these plants mature, Family and Consumer Science course would use the vegetables for creating food dishes. In this way, the campus design advocates interclass communication and an integrated curriculum. Besides garden areas, the campus of New Spring Middle School will include athletic areas to promote physical health. These areas will serve both competitive and intramural sports in order to support the physical wellness of all students. Finally, the Great Lawn on campus is designed specifically to promote the middle school concept. The lawn will serve as a resource for athletic activities and for communal events such as team activities. Having a large meeting place like the Great Lawn will encourage teachers to develop holistic activities for their entire team. Assembling students as one team will support intellectual and social development, while highlighting the communal nature of the middle school concept. The campus design of New Spring Middle School advocates the holistic middle school philosophy of the school.
... middle of paper ...
...rms of technology, classrooms will have a Smart Board, whiteboards, and netbooks for students. These resources will support the intellectual development of students, while serving as means of attracting students to learning. Finally, every classroom in a team block will have a class library and curriculum closet. These areas will provide additional academic resources for students. The design of team classrooms in New Spring Middle School will support its holistic development philosophy.
In conclusion, the overall design of New Spring Middle School promotes the holistic middle school concept. From the entire campus to the individual classroom, holistic development is supported and an emphasis on teaming is stressed. By designing a facility that reflects the philosophy of the school, students will have maximum potential to develop into healthy adolescents.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Influence of Bauhaus School of Design The Bauhaus was one of the most influential modernist art schools of the 20th century, not to say the most influential one. Their main concern was to teach, and to understand art 's relationship to society and technology. The school was founded by the German Architect: Walter Gropius. Consequently, The Bauhaus of Design had a huge impact in Europe which is the central continent of art and the United States even after it has been closed, and has forever shape the development of Art history from now on.... [tags: Bauhaus, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Walter Gropius]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- Acknowledgment In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful Alhamdulillah, all praises to Allah for the strengths and His blessing in completing this thesis. Special appreciation goes to her supervisor, Madam Norarifah binti Ali, for her supervision and constant support. Her invaluable help of constructive comments and suggestions throughout the experimental and thesis works have contributed to the success of this research. The researcher would like to express my appreciation to the Dean, School of art and design (UiTM Kedah), Dr Azhari bin Md Hashim for his support and help towards my postgraduate affairs.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- Fashion design was something I always loved. As a young child, I would always watch my mother sew clothes and, I grew up being fascinated in the things she would create. I’d always ask to be taught the inner workings of a sewing machine and hoped that that one day I would be able to sew. Eventually, the art of taking fabric and transforming it into something amazing started to become my hobby…Because of my mother’s artistic influence in my life, I was able to find my love for designing and decided that creating clothes was something I wanted to do.... [tags: High school, Graduation, Design, Clothing]
747 words (2.1 pages)
- While the aesthetic quality of Tempe Elementary School District’s website design is similar to Clayton schools in that the homepage is colorful with a vibrant red, white, and blue color scheme and utilizes a banner of large graphics, making it look professional and clean, that is the only similarity I found. Overall, this website received 22 points out of a total of 30 points for quality of design. Navigation from page to page is easy, but the pages are somewhat long and consist of small print. Each linked page uses images and thumbnail graphics sparsely.... [tags: Web page, World Wide Web, High school]
1323 words (3.8 pages)
- Webster’s dictionary defines a science as “The intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment” (Webster’s 786). What that basically is stating is that a science is a subject that can be studied through experiments or observations. All of the sciences taught in public high schools do indeed fit this definition; they are studied through experimental labs, teaching students to learn facts through their own observations.... [tags: religious beliefs, creationism, evolution]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- Ever since I’ve been little I’ve never liked doing tom boyish stuff, I’ve always loved decorating, making stuff such as with arts and crafts. It took me a while to realize what I wanted to do my Senior project on because I knew I wanted to do something based on something that would actually benefit me in my future after High School. I didn’t want to work on something that I was never going to use in my life, that’s why I decided to do it on Interior design. I chose Interior design because that’s the career I plan to go after High School, for years I thought I wanted to become a Veterinarian but this past summer I went to tour the Art Institute of Austin and looked into their Interior design... [tags: Debut albums, Thought]
1399 words (4 pages)
- The Bauhaus was a school for art, design and architecture founded in Weimar, Germany with a core objective “to reimagine the material world to reflect the unity of all the arts.” The Bauhaus intended to create products that were simple in design which as a result could be easily mass produced. The works produced by the Bauhaus were entirely diverse as there was no distinct “style.” Students began with a preliminary course that taught the basic Bauhaus theory and then were allowed to enter into specialized workshops.... [tags: school for arts, design, architecture]
547 words (1.6 pages)
- Standard 4 Systematic Improvement of the ISTE Standards for Administrators focuses on continuous improvement throughout the implementation of technology into the curriculum. This standard emphasizes the long-term implementation of technology by providing key indicators that school leaders must focus on, to ensure the survival of the technology initiative that the school system is working towards. Key points of emphasis for administrators include leading purposeful change, collaboration, recruiting and retaining qualified personnel, establishing community relations and partnerships, and forming a stable technology infrastructure to support the short-term and long-term goals of the technology... [tags: Education, High school, Implementation, Design]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Throughout my academic career I have accomplished various achievements and been presented with many challenges. Nonetheless, these experiences were necessary in molding me into the student I am today. High school allowed me to conquer many of my goals. My first achievement is one that many may see as mundane. After debating whether I should enroll myself in my school 's driving course, I took the plunge. It was my junior year of high school and after seeing so many pupils my age begin to drive and become independent, I knew it was time for me to do so as well.... [tags: High school, College, Costume design]
1066 words (3 pages)
- The Design of the Course It is imperative that high school students develop the composition skills needed to be successful their freshman year of college. With the Ohio Department of Education’s decision to implement and promote the College Credit Plus program for middle school and high school students, it is very likely that the high school where I teach will begin teaching composition courses worth college credits to students in-house. By asking qualified teaching professionals to teach College Credit Plus courses as the high school the district will save a tremendous amount of money on college tuition for its students while still meeting the state’s educational requirements I created t... [tags: Education, High school, College, Writing]
1006 words (2.9 pages)