10. How to Save on Translating for the Foreign Buyers
How to save on translation of your marketing material and do not sacrifice the quality of the translated texts at the same time of course? We have talked about choosing a translation vendor in general and a translator in particular, and have come to the conclusion that it would be not wise to choose just the cheapest language provider. The cost is important, but the quality is the first priority.
Look at your marketing texts and try to cut off some parts that might be not of any interest for your foreign buyers. Let’s say in a property brochure or website there is a page on recent mortgage interests, how they are favorable for buying right now in comparison with waiting any longer because of this and that act of the government of your country, or how to get a mortgage on your property or assume the existing balance, what to do for it and so on and so forth. But what does it have to do with the foreign cash buyers? Even if they need and can get a mortgage, the rules will be different for them anyway. So, you can easily omit this part and thus there are fewer words to translate and the total cost of translation is lower.
On the other hand, you might think of including some information that is specific for foreigners only - your country’s program for foreign investors if there is any and it is applicable to your property, for example.
Never cut the information that makes your property desirable of course - like the area attractions and the like.
Always provide for translation the text that is final in the source language as changes will cost you additionally. An important task while preparing your final text for translation, is to check for and eliminate any words that deal w...
... middle of paper ...
...m, poor coordination of large projects, poor cheap freelance translator, poor expensive freelance translator, poor cheap translation company, poor expensive translation company, no client input, and on and on. By applying even half the tips in this guide, you will improve your chances of getting a translation that works.”
Interpreting for your buyer during his or her visit to see your property and possibly close the deal is an easier task, but anyway it is also important not to lose the sale at this last stage. You can hire a bilingual person residing in your neighborhood to do interpreting.
A summary: Saving on translation is okay at the expense of rewriting and shortening the initial marketing text if required, but not okay at the expense of the quality of the translated text; real estate foreign marketing texts are “for publication” and thus the most demanding.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Chapter 49. Translating marketing material and local communication help for buyers How to save on translation of your marketing material and do not sacrifice the quality of the translated texts at the same time of course. We have talked in Part 1 about choosing a translation vendor in general and a translator in particular, and have come to the conclusion that it would be not wise to choose just the cheapest language provider. The cost is important, but the quality is the first priority. Look at your marketing texts and try to cut off some parts that might be not of any interest for your foreign buyers.... [tags: Translation, Source text, Machine translation]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Love and Sacrifice Love is a universal feeling. No one has never felt love and everyone has endured sacrifices of their own. Love always has sacrifices and are required if you love someone or something. There are many sacrifices that can show affection and care that have positive externalities such as, giving up luxuries, personal goals or even physical sacrifices. In the wake of perhaps, a financial problem a person could sacrifice the luxuries of their lives to benefit another cause in their life that they care for.... [tags: Love, Sacrifice, Life, Human sacrifice]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- Human sacrifice was a religious practice characteristic of the Aztec civilization, and much of Mesoamerica. Spanish conquistadors, Hernan Cortes, made observations of and wrote reports about the practice of human sacrifice. These reports tended to be great exaggerations of what they saw, nor did they comprehend the significance of sacrifice among the Aztec culture. These tales were fabricated to convince the people of the world that the Aztecs were less than human. An array of reasons and interpretations of the Aztec practice of human sacrifice have been proposed by modern scientists.... [tags: Human sacrifice, Mesoamerica, Sacrifice, Aztec]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- I Would Sacrifice Everything for You. (Three Messages from Federico 's Falcon) I would sacrifice everything for you...Just Kidding. Ha, fooled you, huh. As if I believe that you are actually going to stay with me for me to actually believe that I am willing to sacrifice for you. Ha, Never. This is my most precious baby, my everything, as if I would just sacrifice him for the likes of you. Never. Now, Leave and please, don’t ever come back. Harsh, so harsh, but I guess you never knew real love huh.... [tags: Love, Sacrifice, Human sacrifice]
1261 words (3.6 pages)
- A Porter analysis examines five different forces that affect the success of a particular industry. This analysis is then used to establish if a certain industry is attractive to potential shareholders and investors. The following will elaborate on the power of suppliers and the power of buyers in the "family restaurant" industry; including restaurants such as: Boston Pizza, East Side Mario's, and etcetera. The different strengths and weaknesses of these forces depend on many different factors that will also be summarized.... [tags: Market Business Suppliers Buyers]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- My family are among the boomerang buyers. They are Vietnamese nail technicians – so stereotypical – and they lost their homes to foreclosure while trying to keep up with the Joneses. As their credit makes them ineligible for loans right now, my family can wait to buy a home with the rent-to-own option. Rent-to-own is advantageous for potential buyers as they have time to build a down payment, develop good credit, get a feel for the neighborhood and home, and settle for a sales price that allows them to buy the home at a below-market price (Richardson).... [tags: Debt, Loan, Credit card, Money]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- Heroes have been an integral part of our culture. Everyone respects them for their honorable ambitions and sacrifices. However the obsession of money has also shared a part of that culture, often taking over the motives of most people, and drawing them away from the desire to be a hero and help others. It is the desire for money which seems to pit brother against brother, similar to the Civil War. Right now there is a war between home-buyers and sellers, both citizens of the United States; and there is no hero.... [tags: Heroes, home buying,]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- To save or not to save. From the moment I could remember I had a passion to help people. It started when I was a young girl riding in the car gazing out the window. Almost every car ride I would see a person on the side of the road asking for money. My heart sank every time we passed them. I remember one evening I saw a homeless person at a red light and asked my father could I give them my dollar, his response was no. I vowed to myself that day to never turn my kids down when they are offering a helping hand.... [tags: Homelessness, Homeless shelter]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Overview of TQM and Healthcare Total quality management is “a system of management based on the principle that every staff member must be committed to maintaining high standards of work in every aspect of a company 's operations” (citation). There are eight key principles to consider when discussing TQM: customer focused organization, leadership, involvement of people, process approach, system approach to management, continual improvement, factual approach to decision making, and mutually beneficial supplier relationships.... [tags: Management, Quality management, Quality]
1105 words (3.2 pages)
- Quality Program Quality programs have emphasized the need to improve quality in an organizations performance through product, process, or service improvement. These quality programs encourage growth beyond status quo that many American businesses have been satisfied with in order to compete the in global market successfully (Cohen, n.d.). One such quality program is the Deming’s 14 Point Philosophy which has been said to have inspired both the Total Quality Management and Six Sigma quality management programs (Mind Tools, 2013).... [tags: American businesses, Total Quality Management]
987 words (2.8 pages)