Upon entering the store I was shocked because they offer a Dry Cleaning Service which I have never seen offered before at a grocery store. I had to inquire about this service because I was so unfamiliar with this service. I asked the employee that works in this department if they have a lot of customers that bring their clothes in to be dry cleaned and she said yes they have a wide variety of customers and are very busy throughout the week. She also said that most of their customers are regulars and come in on certain days a week but occasional they get someone that is just visiting the area.
Giant Eagle also offers additional services at the customer service desk which includes: Lottery, a variety of newspapers, stamps, check cashing services, Western Union, and a photo center. Next to the Customer Service Center is a babysitting service called Eagle Nest childcare. They offer babysitting services while you shop for no additional charge. It is free. They have video camera's placed throughout the store so you can see your children while you shop. Wow what a great concept! I wish this was around when my kids were young--it would of saved me a lot of money.
Well visiting this store I noticed that their customers and workers are mostly of the Caucasian descent. This store is very well kept up and also very clean. When you walk thru the doors you walk into a beautiful produce department. The vegetables and fruit look so inviting. Giant Eagle also offers a very wide variety of organ...
... middle of paper ...
...r less attractive store. I did not feel as though I had to walk a mile to get my items--it was a much more comfortable feeling for me. I was not overwhelmed with the size of the store and I could manage shopping at this store. After having my spinal fusion one year ago I seemed to like the smaller stores better.
Save A Lot specializes in passing on the savings to the customer which I really enjoyed. I truly saw a savings on items with the exception of pop or soda. When I can I will visit Save A Lot again because of the savings and the size of the store. In addition according to the Save a Lot website, "Save-A-Lot honors manufacturer coupons for national brand items carried in their stores."
"About Save-A-Lot Stores & Discount Groceries | Save-A-Lot." About Save-A-Lot Stores & Discount Groceries | Save-A-Lot. N.p., 2013. Web. 08 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- However regardless of the high costs of conserving pandas, there is an array of benefits of doing so especially to the environment. Saving the giant panda means saving both habitat of panda and human. The land for bamboo forests is decreasing due to human disruption. Yet panda itself has a crucial role in saving China’s bamboo forests. It is able to spread seeds and help the vegetation to grow according to the famous World Wide Fund(“Why”). This allows the bamboo forest to create new lands since seeds are spread to lands further and hence bamboos can regenerate faster because of the footprint of pandas.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Panda diplomacy]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Briahna Bishop March 28, 2016 Dr. Zeng M/W 8:00 a.m The Giant Panda Express The Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) is a beloved creature known to the world. However, it is also a creature that is critically endangered and faces extinction. As human advancements obliterate the habitats and influence the lifestyle of the Giant Panda, research is conducted to uncover the cause of the Giant Panda’s current predicament and to improve the methods of conservation to save the Giant Panda. Information gained by researching the Giant Panda and its behaviors would help scientists and conservationists discover just what is hurting the Giant Panda, and what people can do to stop the Giant Panda’s pop... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Bear, Ailuropoda]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- In 1782, the bald eagle was declared the national bird of the United States. That did not prevent the decline of the bald eagle population across the nation, starting in the late 1800s and going into the late 1900s. The bald eagle population had two major periods of decline before they began to recover in Nebraska and across the nation. To begin, a general overview and history of the bald eagle in the United States. Bald eagles were originally found in every state excluding Hawaii, and nested in 45 of the lower 48 states.... [tags: Bald Eagle, Eagle, Golden Eagle]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- American Eagle Outfitters SWOT Analysis The Silverman family first founded American Eagle Outfitters in 1977. They operated specialty clothing stores under the name Retail Ventures. In 1980 the Silverman’s encountered financial troubles when the Schottenstein family bought out 50% of the Retail Ventures. In 1991 the Schottenstein family bought the rest of Retail Ventures and opened 153 American Eagle Outfitters. By late 2000 the company had introduced 46 new stores in Canada. American Eagle had approximately $2 million in annual sales in 2003 and now operates over 800 stores in the United States and Canada (http://www.hoovers.com/american-eagle-outfitters/--ID__17231--/free-co-factsheet.xh... [tags: American Eagle Business Essays]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- The Giant Panda is a large mammal that is a well known animal in the animal kingdom. The Giant panda is an interesting species physically, which makes it very popular. The Giant panda is plays an important role in chinese culture as well. Today you will see many aspects of the giant panda including its, physical features, diet, reproduction, lifespan, habitat, history, and cultural importance. When you think of pandas the usual thought is of large black and white bears that are irresistibly cute.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Endangered species]
1415 words (4 pages)
- In “Eagle Plain”, by Robert Francis, the poem dramatizes the conflict between the nation’s “non-ideal” character traits and the “ideal.” Francis’ poem is also structured to have one main theme per two stanzas for a total of three: self-esteem, pride, and honor. The speaker then uses the “eagle” to symbolize the ideal American trait and uses personification and metaphors to help bring the eagle’s character traits to life, the poem also has an alternate allegorical meaning. The poem starts with the speaker saying, “The American eagle is not aware he is; the American eagle” (Stanza 1), to show that the eagle is confident with who he is.... [tags: Bald Eagle, Eagle, Poetry, Meaning of life]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- Giant Pandas (Ailuropoda melanoleuca) are an endangered species of large terrestrial mammal occupying about isolated areas of mountain forest (WWF, 2014a) in China. These forests are areas of high biodiversity and likely contain a wide variety of unknown species. It is, therefore, important to protect them. As a result of the ongoing conservation of Pandas, the habitat is relatively secure, gradually increasing and becoming less isolated due to new corridors (China’s Ministry of Forestry & WWF, 1989) between forests.... [tags: Giant Panda, Endangered species, Conservation]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- The giant panda is a very iconic and well known symbol in many countries today. Unfortunately these unique black and white creatures are one of the most endangered species in the world. These pandas are termed to be “giant” due to the fact that they can grow to be up to 5 feet in height and 300 pounds in weight (Bradford, 2014). The majority of the giant panda population can be found in central china. Many of the pandas survive in this area due to the wet bamboo forest environment. However, the population is still very limited in size.... [tags: Giant Panda, Bamboo, Bear, Endangered species]
1169 words (3.3 pages)
- The Multiple Meanings of The Sick Rose and The Eagle After studying the two poems, The Sick Rose and The Eagle in class and the discussion among the group, it seems to me that the poems haven’t got only one single meaning. I also noticed that poems could always be interpreted in different ways with different meanings based on your point of view and your personal knowledge and experience. Poems are also open to interpretations. The Sick Rose is a very decent example of which the poems can be interpreted in different ways.... [tags: The Sick Rose The Eagle Poetry Poems Essays]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- The Eagle When I first read this poem my initial reaction was that this is about religion. It suggests a god-like presents, by implying that he over sees all from up above, close to the sun. He stands "ringed" or surrounded by the "azure", or blue-sky world. This creature overlooks from high above at the churning sea, and the mountain walls. No one can detect him though, because he is silent, like a thunderbolt. After studying this work of literature for a while I have come to the conclusion that this piece is about nature, with a hidden message about a Supreme Being.... [tags: Papers]
462 words (1.3 pages)