“Hello there.” She was trying her hardest not to laugh at the poor thing, letting it sit on the crook of her elbow as she took the little scroll from it, unfurling it with her free hand.
Report to Krockotopia at once!
She sighed as she wandered back over to the window, giving the carrier piggle a little kiss on the head before launching him into the air and turning back to her workshop. She cleaned up her belongings, locking the black powder and special varnish away, cleaning her hands off on her smock and straightening out her hair which just fell right back into her face anyway. She laughed out loud into the silence, putting out the two torches in the room and shuffling off for her own. It was a quick matter of getting changed and brushing her hair before she was ready, tying the moosho straw hat under her chin and grabbing her enchanted sword from besides the bed. The previously still blade throbbed to life in her hands, making her smile as she closed up the house, making sure food was stored and candles were blown out. She ...
... middle of paper ...
...here I don’t suppose you’d stay for some soup? Eli made up a nice big batch for me to take home, but I don’t mind sharing.” The two witches looked at each other, completely lost for what to say, and sat down at the table.
“Sorry about the whole sword in your face thing.” Diana said as Eli set out the two extra places, ladling out the soup for them.
“It’s no problem.” He laughed, a twinge of nervousness still in his voice. They sat down and Savannah took a giant spoonful of the steaming hot chicken soup.
“Mmm!” she said as the seemingly magical soup nearly burnt her mouth. “You’re right! This soup is amazing!” They laughed and chattered before the duo shuffled the head master back to his office and he explained the entire thing to his rather frazzled faculty and friends. The day was saved, sort of, and Savannah laughed as she recounted it to Zora on their way home.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- XYZ Internet Company is part of a burgeoning market of Internet access companies. We provide Internet access solution for homes and small businesses. Our product is an affordable and easy-to-install way to access the Internet and connect networks to it. This high-speed "always on" service lets the customer access the Internet over ordinary phone lines at speeds up to 8 Mbps for downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads (Internet Access Types. n.d.). We work with our clients to find the best and most affordable type of Internet access for their needs as well as maintenance and customer support.... [tags: Mission Statement]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- The Apollo 13 mission was the fifth lunar mission and was planned to be the third lunar landing. Because the spacecraft did not actually land on the moon, it is often called a “lunar swing by”(Angelo 40). After a rupture in the service module oxygen tank made landing on the moon impossible, suddenly the main focus of the mission became getting the crew home safely. Apollo 13’s original mission was aborted but is still considered a “successful failure” because of the experience gained in saving the crew.... [tags: lunar mission, odyssey, risky]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Financial Analysis A mission statement is a written statement that tells others what the company does. The mission statement in a very short form explains to readers how they operate in a general sense. Mission statements are not super specific or detailed just general. “A mission statement is a concise statement of a company 's reason for being, what it actually does, and for whom. It should contain what products and services the company produces for which target market, as well as how it considers itself different or unique.... [tags: Strategic planning, Statements, Mission statement]
895 words (2.6 pages)
- The Mission of MyEyeDr. The last three years have marked historical growth for MyEyeDr. the company continues to expand into new territory going from just three states and fifty offices to eleven states and over three hundred offices. Since my first day of work in the company, many things have changed or evolved into new initiatives. Among those evolutions, we will find the mission and vision statements, included. In MyEyeDr.’s Associate Handbook, the former mission statement was “to offer our patients uncompromising quality, value and convenience (2013).” These days, however, this mission statement has completely changed.... [tags: Strategic planning, Mission statement, Management]
1925 words (5.5 pages)
- Portfolio Task 1 – 99+283+107+877+143 1509/1375 Introduction – 99/130 The mission statement of Hotcourses is a particularly interesting case, in that it defies many standard expectations of mission statements. Its tone is informal and links are sporadically scattered through its paragraphs. These differences are, I believe, motivated by a desire to appeal to a slightly different audience than found in most corporate mission statements; primarily its potential customers. I will be investigating how Hotcourses use the style of their mission statement to appeal to different audiences.... [tags: Mission statement, Strategic planning, Statements]
1555 words (4.4 pages)
- JUNO is a NASA mission to the planet Jupiter. The Juno spacecraft is scheduled to launch aboard an Atlas V-551 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Fla., in Aug. 2011. (www.nasa.gov). It will take 5 years to reach Jupiter, arriving in July 2016. It will orbit Jupiter 33 times. The purpose of the mission is to explore Jupiter’s structure and atmosphere. The main aim of this mission is to understand how the planet Jupiter originated and thus help us understand the evolution of the gas giants. This knowledge will also reflect upon our understanding of the origins of the Universe.... [tags: NASA, Mission, Planet Jupiter]
509 words (1.5 pages)
- “Companies that enjoy enduring success have core values and a core purpose that remain fixed while their business strategies and practices endlessly adapt to a changing world.” Vision Statement describes the future. It tells where the company is going or where the company wants to go. While Mission Statements describes the presnet status: why the company exists today and / or what the company is doing to pursue its vision of the future. Together they provide direction for the business by focusing its attention on doing things day-to-day to accomplish its mission, while taking steps to pursue its vision of the future - its long-term business intent.... [tags: Business Mission Vision]
1707 words (4.9 pages)
- Savannah and Chloe Have you ever watched a friendship fall apart. It’s an interesting thing to experience. What’s truly amazing is that there are obvious signs, but few people recognize them in time to stop it. This is what happened to me. This is the friendship that I watched slide through the cracks. This is my story. Savannah and I had been friends since the second grade. We lived next door to each other. We were in the choir together. We walked home from school together. We were inseparable.... [tags: Personal Narrative Friendship Essays]
2446 words (7 pages)
- I. INTRODUCTION Everybody that is in business is there to make a profit (some firms are just tax shelters) and there are only so many products and services available. What sets the competition apart is how they execute their business practices. This is where a mission statement becomes the “blueprint” for doing business. “The mission statement needs to be longer than a phrase or sentence, but not a 2-page document” (David, 2003). This document not only points the managers in the right direction, it also gives the employee a sense of why they are working for this company.... [tags: Whole Foods Mission Goal Analysis]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- As I walked into the hot, sticky gym to say goodbye on the last day of the summer at Camp Glenn Taylor, the air seemed to be trying to smother me. Outside, the rain was bouncing off the sidewalks, keeping the campers inside that day. The kids didn't notice me at first. They were too busy chasing each other around the gym with the frenzy of being trapped indoors for a day. Then, someone spotted me, and I was suddenly swarmed by hugs coming from all directions. Wriggling through the arms of the other campers was Savannah.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Descriptive, Description]
1246 words (3.6 pages)