1. Hard-Working: One of the most common adjectives used to describe SBDA draft prospect, Jackson Miller, was hard-working. Miller is seen by many SBDA general managers as one of the most hard-working prospects coming out this year. Coach Sendoroff, the head coach for Kent State University, had this to say about Jackson: "One of the things that impressed us the most with Jackson was that he was willing to work hard to get what he wanted. After his season ending injury during his senior year at Lakeside High School, many young athletes, would of simply gave up. He worked hard, battled back, and became one of the best freshman in the country here at Kent State". As we looked into his background, this was something not uncommon for Jackson Miller. Growing up in a working class family, he was always taught that if you wanted something bad enough, you have to work hard. Jackson stated that this hard-working attitude was instilled in him by his father, Mark Miller, who has worked at a local Canton steel factory for the past 25 years.
*Miller practicing with a college teammate last year.
2. Loyal: For many general managers in the SBDA and the SBA, this has to be an encouraging sign for them. One of the many attribut...
... middle of paper ...
...an produce on the court, while staying out of trouble off of it. Professor Yugoslavic, of the Kent State University Department of Political Science, had this to say about Jackson Miller's strong commitment towards his education: "From what I've heard, Jackson is one of the best basketball players in the country. From what I've seen of him first hand inside the classroom, he also possesses the knowledge and life skills necessary to have a successful career, if need be, outside of basketball. He is one of a kind. A smart athlete? Who knew..".
*During his freshman year at Kent State University, Miller attended most of his classes in Bowman Hall. Bowman Hall is home to the Kent State University, Department of Political Science. Miller plans to enroll in classes during each offseason, in order to finish his degree in Political Science.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Nature of the business The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a professional basketball league located in the United States. It is composed of 30 franchised teams, all of which are in the US except for one located in Canada. It markets teams and players, and regulates franchised team ownership. The NBA licenses rights for broadcasting and collects revenue from sponsorships with corporate partners. It also operates the WNBA, a women's professional basketball league; the NBA Development League for players who are preparing for the NBA; and NBA TV, a cable TV channel offering news, original programming, and live game broadcasts.... [tags: swot, competition, resources ]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- …They have a different culture, a different life at home. As soon as they get out there, they are faced with a different world. When they walk across two worlds in one day, it is [very] hard…. When I think about some of the most difficult times in my life – the times that I wish I would have made better, more informed decisions – my adolescent years immediately come to mind. Adolescence is a difficult time, for anyone. Because adolescence is a tumultuous time in the lives of so many, there is a wealth of research covering it.... [tags: Ethiopian Community Association]
2245 words (6.4 pages)
- by President Reagan). This banned automatic weapons with magazines for 10 years but that expired in 2004 and was never put back into action(Gun Control Laws). Though many attempts of gun control have failed there is even more of a push for a reform now. The National Rifle Association (NRA) is a major foundation that supports the second amendment and has a lot of pull when it comes to political parties. The NRA is wealthy and has overturn and won many cases against guns. According to Megan Cassella “Fifty percent of those surveyed said they supported Obama 's executive actions”(Cassella).... [tags: Firearm, National Rifle Association, Gun politics]
1047 words (3 pages)
- ZHUOJUN LIU ENG-W350 NOV/29/2015 What is the metaphor of “District 9” The movie “District 9” was filmed in South Africa. In 1981, a spaceship unexpected accident to be a kay element to change the earth and mankind’s fate of further. Subsequently, bizarre aliens came to Earth, the Earth has been officially proclaimed as a universe of life itself unique day completely finished. Human have no idea aliens came to earth with what kind of purpose, human has a negative attitude for the arrived of aliens, and let them feel deeply fear.... [tags: South Africa, Racial segregation, District 9]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- In the case of Mountain School District, there is a clear hierarchical structure in place. Curriculum and reporting guidelines are established externally through the Ministry of Education. However, it is up to local school districts to develop a program that meets both these guidelines and the needs of the community. The school district operates schools under its umbrella and works with parent stakeholders to receive feedback. At the school level, School A has an administrator who manages daily operations including the teaching staff.... [tags: High school, Teacher, Staff, School district]
1953 words (5.6 pages)
- Part 1: School and District Background Information The Conval School District became what it is today in 1988 (Appendix E). Conval has gone through a number of changes throughout the years. The region started with each town having individual schools representing kindergarten through high school. In approximately 1971 members of the Antrim school board explored whether to combine Antrim with the neighboring Hillsborough-Deering School District or the Peterborough School District. Members of the Antrim school board favored the Peterborough School district and eventually voted unanimously to consolidate with Peterborough.... [tags: High school, College, School district, School]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- The Central Business District of Kidderminster Introduction ============ For my GCSE fieldwork we were required to visit the central Business District (CBD for short) of a town or a city. The town that I will investigate is called Kidderminster, and is located in Central England, near the Wyre Forest District in the countryside of Worcestershire on the Stour River. Kidderminster is just 19 miles south of Birmingham. It has a very industrial history and is known as the origin of the Carpet Industry.... [tags: Papers]
5290 words (15.1 pages)
- The Business District of Kingston Introduction ============ Kingston-upon-Thames is the county town of Surrey. As its name suggests, it lies on the river Thames in between Twickenham and Hampton Court. It is the area's biggest shopping centre, boasting a wide variety of stores and shops located mainly around the pedestrianised centre and the old market, for example like The Bentalls Centre and The John Lewis Centre. The shopping centre attracts many visitors, especially at weekends.... [tags: Papers]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Views of Heaven in From the Fifteenth District Mavis Gallant presents us with a disconcerting view of death in the short story "From the Fifteenth District," where dying is not a salvation from the pains of life but where the dead are forced to suffer eternally. In this story, the author sets out three distinct cases of 'haunting,' except that these hauntings are reported by the dead about the living. Major E. Travella, killed during World War I, is angry that he is being exploited by the church and the public.... [tags: Fifteenth District]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- The Impact of the Central Business District on Houses We are aiming to find out if houses become more sparse, modern , larger and increase in individuality with larger surrounding land, as we move further away from the Central Business District (CBD) We will be noting damage to property, vandalism and factors which affect quality of life as well as the house prices and recording the inevitable rises as we walk along our transect line: from the tightly packed Victorian terraces adjacent to the CBD out towards the suburban outskirts of Hove.... [tags: Papers]
1572 words (4.5 pages)