BULLI VENKATA SATYANARAYANA RAJU
QUALITY MANAGEMENT PROCESS
2. Back Ground
4. Proposed Solutions
Total quality management is a management philosophy aimed at continuous growth in quality improvement of products, processes and services to achieve and surpass quality standards. It consists of strategic planning, organizing and implementing each process activity and of removing all the wasted effort and energy that is routinely spent. It is a methodology of strategic overview of quality and focus on prevention not detection of problems.
In the early 1990’s companies started developing their own total quality Management principals. The most notable of all these new theories was Six Sigma which was developed by Motorola Corporation and later implemented by other industry giants like General Motors, Microsoft, Helwet-Packard etc., another significant new generation Quality management theory was ACE-(Achieving Competitive Excellence) developed by United Technologies Corporation(UTC). While 6 Sigma approach is data oriented in quality management of products, services, processes and customer experience, ACE approach is process improvement, waste elimination, skill improvement, problem solving and decision making tools.
This investigative study deals with comparison of both 6 Sigma and ACE by analyzing their common and contrast principals, their strengths and weaknesses in the various domains of quality management improvement. It concludes by showing which domains are suitable for 6Sigma and w...
... middle of paper ...
...study I forward these recommendations.
1. Implement the ACE program in addition to 6-Sigma statistical data calculations.
2. Train all levels of workers and management in the ACE program
3. Gradually increase the scope of the ACE implementation to the whole organization and its subsidaries.
4. Gather the money related data(QSTARS) and count it with the past accessible budgetary information to check the development rate.
5. Sustain the quality management and make it part of business startegical planning.
In conclusion of my comparative study of the two quality management processes I strongly recommend the implementation of ACE with the addition of 6-Sigma statistical data analysis. ACE has far greater scope than 6-Sigma and will derive greater value than 6-sigma in the long-term existence of the organization both in cost cutting and manufacturing time.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- LEARNING OUTCOME ONE 1.1 Quality Total Quality 1. Costumer focus Focus on Quality 2. Education & Training Works on across an organization 3. Long term commitment help identify and eliminate mistakes 4. Continued improvement process Deployment process(implement/executing) 1.2 KEY ELEMENT OF TOTAL QUALITY (i) Management’s commitment to quality: The management should efforts to continue to quality management programmes. And they should provide related resources. (ii) Benchmarking: Benchmarking is a technique of distinguishing an organization’s efforts with the best performance in the field and also to suggest how the gap between the two performances can be removed.... [tags: Management, Ethics, Business ethics]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- Inventory control is a demanding objective for businesses cross every industry. Without adequate inventory management techniques, the supply chain hurts, we are not able to achieve customer requirements properly, and conclusively, our company’s bottom line will mirror these imperfections (Dolinsky, 2010). But adopting the right method for inventory management and expanding impressive policies to certain that practices are followed, developing the accuracy of our inventory control techniques, and gathering authentic data to understand how to use that evidence to educate other areas of the company are concerns with no simple, straightforward solutions (Dolinsky, 2010).... [tags: Inventory, Supply chain management]
1342 words (3.8 pages)
- REAPPLICATION STATEMENT I previously applied to UPenn School of Dental Medicine two years ago in 2014. Instead of rushing myself to apply the next cycle, I waited another year, reevaluating myself and strengthening my application to become a more competitive candidate. After my graduation in December 2014, I worked as a dental assistant at Dr. Veronica Chang’s office and at Berkeley Orinda Oral Surgery, both in Berkeley, CA, to gain hands-on experience and to further enhance my understanding of the profession.... [tags: Dentistry, Oral and maxillofacial surgery]
2253 words (6.4 pages)
- $12,187,505.00; therefore, a heavy amount of debt (from refurbishing) on top of this one is generally not a wise long-term strategic decision. To further demonstrate the estimation, below are table with clear numbers and calculation for outstanding debt amount: LOANS TO BE PAID OFF BY 5 years Y1 $ 812,499.00 Y2 $ 812,499.00 Y3 $ 812,499.00 Y4 $ 812,499.00 Y5 $ 812,499.00 TOTAL amount to be paid in 5 year planning $ 4,062,495.00 Amount to be paid from Y2 - Y5 $ 3,249,996.00 Total amount left after Y5 $ 12,187,505.00 After deep examinations throughout a 10 month period form Y1, our hotel Guest Satisfaction Report always comes out to be extrem... [tags: Investment, Finance, Net present value]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- S- Finish my master’s degree in management and leadership, with an added certification in project management. My current degree path has an intended graduation date of December 2017, with the Project Management certification completion date expected by December 2018. I will then study for 3-6 months to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam to take by June 2019. M- I plan to finish my master’s degree in Management and Leadership and follow my course curriculum and stay on course for graduation.... [tags: Project management, Management, Leadership, Goal]
714 words (2 pages)
- Total Quality Management is a way to deal with administration that was set up or began in the 1950 's and throughout the year has turned into an extremely famous and fundamental component to achievement in the business world. The idea of Total Quality Management references to the way of life and mentality of an association that is in consistent movement of change to give top quality items and administrations to the client base that will fulfill client needs and needs (Padhi, 2008). The way of life and demeanor of the association is essential is admiration to all levels of an association and is the thing that adds to authoritative operations.... [tags: Management, Total quality management]
1034 words (3 pages)
- Business nowadays becomes very competitive because customers have full knowledges of the products and services that are available in the market and they always have demand on high quality of the products and services. Therefore, business needs to maintain the quality of products and service as well as comes up with the new products or services that differentiate them with the other businesses in order to survive in the market. Nowadays, more and more companies are trying to apply Total Quality Management (TQM) strategy to their organization because they believe in its benefits which can bring the advantages in the long run.... [tags: Management, Total quality management, Customer]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- I am currently a graduate student majoring in construction management program at the department of Construction Science in Texas A&M University at College Station. My internship program started on 18th of May 2015 at Newark, California, with Sanveo, Inc. After initial orientation procedure and completing relevant paperwork, I was assigned to work under BIM (Building Information Modelling) Lead Engineer of Sanveo, Inc. for Transbay Transit Centre project at San Francisco. A public agency named Transbay Joint Powers Authority charged with implementing Transbay project.... [tags: Construction, Architect, Project management]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- The Objective of Total Quality Management Total Quality Management(TQM) is an organisational process that actively involves every function and every employee in satisfying customers needs, both internal and external. TQM works by continuously improving all aspect of work through structured control, improvement and planning activities that are carried out in concern with guiding ideology that focuses on Quality and Customer Satisfaction as the top priorities. There has been many arguments that TQM succeeds only by incorporating a concern about quality for the customers throughout the organisation.... [tags: Total Quality Management Consumerism Essays]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Total Quality Management Paper This paper is about Total Quality Management (TQM). There are several parts to this paper that will now be outlined. First, Total Quality Management will be defined. Second, a description of the impact of globalization on quality will be discussed. Third, traditional management styles will be compared and contrasted with management styles focused on quality. Fourth, an explanation of how TQM should apply to my organization will be discussed. TQM Defined: The definition of Total Quality Management was defined by SEMATECH in 1990.... [tags: Total Quality Management TQM]
817 words (2.3 pages)