2. RFP Packages – Bids are due back Oct 27th. Award is planned for Nov 10th. CPS to check when RFIs are due and when response will be provided.
3. Snow Melting Options Draft Doc – Jay developed the attached document of options for snow melting at Summit (Attachment A). Pat would like details on the existing systems (drawings or photos). Pat would like to look at removal options due to the costs. Jeff explained that it is a schedule issue to remove the existing system. NSF will look at the document and it will be ready to discuss it in more detail next week. Send NSF photos of existing system.
4. Heating Options – CPS is looking at heating options for the SMG. Options include:
a. Hydronic system with boiler. Connected to waste heat. Unit heaters. Heat is distributed by pumping glycol thru PEX tubing. Boiler/Waste Heat hybrid, similar to Toolik Garage. Pat agreed that this would be the best option. No redundant system required. Gary said that Dick also agreed with this approach.
b. Forced air system with furnace. Connected to waste heat. No unit heaters. Heat is distributed by air thru ducts. Ducts are large, heavy compared to PEX tubing. Large fan doesn’t like the altitude. Oil fired furnace.
c. Temporary heat.
5. Ventilation - Code requires general ventilation from mechanical systems (fans). This results in the need to heat outside air before it is introduced to the ...
... middle of paper ...
...city of the GrIT to take additional materials to transition from SOB to SMG. Ongoing
12. CPS (Burnside) to provide details to NSF on the water system/module plan for Summit. Details on options are in Attachment C. Ongoing
13. CPS (Sever) to develop a scope and budget for upgrades to Building 2403 in Thule. Estimate the scope based on the recommendations from the Thule Building Assessment report and then NSF will decide if they want to reduce the scope. Ongoing
14. CPS (Burnside) to provide a ROM cost estimate to perform remediation work in Building 2405. Ongoing
15. CPS (Sever) to develop a condition assessment and recommendation for the Green House and Berthing Module. Ongoing
16. CPS (Sever) get details on what is currently being used for CO ventilation/detection in the SOB, and check on the requirement for vehicle exhaust ventilation and a system cost for the SMG.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Dietary Melting Pot American food has no real definition; one may be talking about native crops and may also be talking about the food we eat every day, the Americanization of foreign food. What we eat may show how diverse we really are. America is known as the melting pot for its diverse and multicultural society. This is due to the flourishing new found land abundant with hope and opportunity. With that hope came millions of immigrants from all over the world and continues to attract immigrants of every race and nation.... [tags: Nutrition, United States, Melting pot, Wild boar]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Snow Lessons Seemingly harmless, white, snow falls like confetti from the sky and lands softly on the earth below. Dinner is prepped, and next on the list is help my kids get ready for church. I peer out the window and breathe in deeply, a mix of warm pork roast and cold dread. If I could curl up on the couch under a cozy blanket with a good book and watch the world turn white, I would find the snow as enchanting as my children do. However, bumped to the top of the list is clear the driveway, so we can go to church.... [tags: Help me, Help, Snow, Thought]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- A hospital's human resource department handles hundreds of nursing resumes a week. A good portion of those resumes are for nursing occupations with a hefty percentage of qualifying applicants. A prospective applicant should consider ways to make his or her resume stand out from the rest of the pile. A nursing assistant scans each nursing resume through a computerized database, queries the database based on keywords assigned by the nursing supervisor, and assures that each resume meets the minimal requirements before submitting the winning resumes to the human resource manager for further review.... [tags: Resume, Application, Career]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- 1 .1 .Introduction Spread options are options on the difference of two or more underlying asset prices. For a call option on the spread between two assets, the payoff at maturity can be written as C=max(0,S_1-S_2-K) for a put option P=max(S_1-S_2-K,0). we will have where S_1 and S_2 are the prices of two underlying assets, and K is the strike price. At maturity, if the spread S_1-S_2 is greater than the strike price K, the option holder will exercise the option and gain the difference between the spread and the strike price.... [tags: Futures contract, Derivatives, Options, Derivative]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- An Analytical Interpretation of “Snow-White” Throughout the story of Snow-White, Competition is played out in numerous ways. As the famous saying goes-only the strongest survive and to the victor go the spoils. There were a few power struggles going on even under the primary plot. This is one way to describe some of the seemingly bizarre or extreme motivations that push the story to a grisly, but happy ending. The first queen apparently dies in childbirth (but do we really know this for sure?) and is replaced with a new queen in order to re-establish the king’s dominance over his kingdom.... [tags: Snow White Analysis Essays]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- Once upon a time in a great castle, there was a princess named Snow White. Who was very happy and contented despite of having a jealous stepmother. Snow White 's beauty was noticeable, her eyes were blue, her lips were red as blood, her hair was black as ebony wood and her skin was white as snow. Little Snow White 's stepmother was the most beautiful woman in the land. The queen had a magical mirror, which every morning she stood by, and asked, "mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?" The mirror always answered, " you are, my queen".... [tags: Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Movies with a Twist Have you ever sat and thought deeper into a Television Show that you watched when you were a child. You probably weren’t able to understand it or see the bigger meaning behind it due to being a child and not having the most developed brain, however, have you ever taken the time out to rewatch those childhood movies or shows to create a new evaluation of it. See companies like Pixar and Disney doesn’t make movies just for comedy or fright. Majority of the stories they tell in their movies give kids a deeper meaning in a child friendly way and that is what makes these companies still grow today.... [tags: Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- The most basic form of an ice crystal is a hexagonal prism. This form occurs because certain surfaces of the crystal, the growth facets, grow very slowly. The reason these facets exist derives from the molecular structure of water, and how water molecules arrange themselves into a crystalline lattice. The hexagonal prism includes two hexagonal "basal" faces and six rectangular "prism" faces. Note that the hexagonal prism can be "plate-like" or "column-like", if the length along the c-axis is short or long compared to the length along the a-axes.... [tags: physics snow]
2464 words (7 pages)
- Snow Falling on Cedars The book Snow Falling on Cedars is about a Japanese man Kabuo Miyanmoto who is on trial for murder. He is accused of murdering a white man, Carl Heine. Much of the story is told through the memories of various characters. It is set in the 1050's in Puget Sound on a fictional island called San Piedro. I think Snow Falling on Cedars was an excellent book. I felt that the author was able to present an unbiased view of the internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII.... [tags: Snow Falling Cedars Essays]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- “The Great Melting Pot” Many times when you live in a certain area you do start to pick up on the other cultures around you. No matter what state you live in there are many cultures blending together. Many people do blend the other cultures of the people around them into their own culture. I’ve lived in many states and was able to experience this first hand. All my friends have all picked up on the culture around them from wither their family or friends. All the time I see the cultures blending together.... [tags: essays research papers]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- The Metamorphosis From A Marxist Perspective
- The Private Elementary School Principal
- Analysis Of Nawal El Saadawi 's Woman At Point Zero
- Osteoporosis Is A Bone Disease Defined By Decreasing Bone Mass
- Should Abortion Be Legal Or Illegal?
- Becoming A Teacher : A Education Of Knowledge And Skills For Students