I entered Introduction to Professional Nursing having already been accepted into the USM School of Nursing. That being said, I didn’t take anything away from the class when we went over the process of entering the program; however, it was nice to go over the plan of study for each semester in the program and how each class will prepare us for the NCLEX. I will be starting my nursing labs next semester, so I am feeling a little anxious about all of the material I will be expected to learn and then remembering it all for the NCLEX. These feelings first surfaced at the beginning of this semester when we started taking about the NCLEX: “I know I shouldn’t worry about the difficulty and amount of the material I will need to know for the NCLEX now, but it is a bit frightening to know that in less than two and half years I will be expected to know so much” (Meserve, 9/17/15). While I still feel the weight of the NCLEX on my shoulders as I progress into the nursing labs, this class has taught me to take care of that stress using various methods.
Stress, and managing stress, has been a topic that we have brought up many times thr...
... middle of paper ...
...my clinicals so I am really able to take in each area of nursing and then decide where I belong. I do know, however, that I will return to school after becoming an RN to earn a Masters degree and become and NP.
Besides the content of this class, I really enjoyed the format. First, I was so happy with the hybrid style of this class, it was nice to be able to see my classmates face-to-face some weeks, and the others be able to sleep in a little! The weekly write and posts were a nice way of wrapping up the homework assignments and class discussions each week, and they really helped with learning APA formatting. The projects and essays for this class allowed us to get a little creative, which felt so amazing among all the dull assignments I was completing for my other classes. Overall, I was very pleased with this class and everything I was able to take out of it!
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 113e Demonstrate professional conduct by: participating in quality assurance activities. Quality assurance is providing the best care for our clients. We do this by using the standard of practise as our base for evaluating the performance of staff. 116. Respond to changes in the Health care system that affects one’s nursing practice. A change in the Health care system that has affected nursing practice is the downing sizing of staff. The nurse now has more workload and is expected to be just as efficient as before.... [tags: Nursing, Medicine, Health care, Health]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- 2 Professionalism in the Workplace When pursuing a career in nursing, one must first understand that nursing, in itself, is a profession amongst many other health care related jobs. With that being said, what does it mean to be professional in a nursing career. According to Batool and Khatlak (2016), “Professionalism is the capacity of high degree standard, which a person needs to have in his professional career development” (Batool & Khtlak, 2016). Within these standards are factors such as attitude, patients’ expectations, and workplace culture (Bartle, 2014).... [tags: Health care, Patient, Health, Health care provider]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- Community Service On the summer of 2017 I would like to be part of a missionary team of nurses and doctors from my church, who travels to various countries in South America helping those in need of medical attention. By going to this trip I want to be exposed to the needs these people have, and perhaps recruit other nurses to accompany me in future trips. • Certifications On December, 2016, I plan to obtain my CCRN certification. CCRN certification helps to enhance critical thinking, and maintain up to date knowledge base of acute and critical care nursing (American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, 2015).... [tags: Nursing, Critical thinking, Registered nurse]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- I currently have three professional goals. The first is to obtain a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree specializing in nursing education. Once I have graduated with this degree I hope to obtain a position working in this field teaching undergraduate nursing students. As an instructor I also hope to be a great mentor. A great mentor is someone who a student feels comfortable with as they learn and confident in the instructor’s guidance as they learn the world of nursing. An excellent mentor would never flaunt the knowledge that they have and belittle the student.... [tags: Nursing, Education, Bachelor of Science in Nursing]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- On my honor, I pledge that I have neither given nor received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment. Signed: Abiola Adeshoga Synthesis Paper Today, there is a stronger push for diploma and associate degree nurses (ADN) to acquire their BSN degrees than ever before. The first ever recommendation for nurses to acquire advance education for the best interest of the patient population, was suggested by the American Nurses Association, Institute of Medicine and the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Patient]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Introduction to Nurse Anesthetics Nursing positions are in demand. Healthcare teams and professionals actively team up to supply education to prospect nurses. Not only are entry level nurses in high demand, but specialized nursing positions need to be filled. There are currently 100,000 nurse anesthetists in the American work force which service 60-70 percent of the population in the United States. How can these positions be sufficiently staffed to create a better United Health care system. All the steps to achieve a C.R.N.A.... [tags: Anesthesia, Nurse anesthetist, Registered nurse]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Many different factors were taken into consideration when I was deciding which pharmacy program I should strive to attend. These factors included, most importantly, the quality of education that the program would provide, as well as the cost of attendance and housing and location. In order for me to achieve my goal of becoming an exceptional pharmacist and an integral member of the healthcare team, the Doctor of Pharmacy program that I attend should provide me with a quality education and challenge me to develop more than just the essential qualities of a pharmacist in order to prepare me for my future career.... [tags: Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, Health care]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- DENISE BOADU - RPN 712 Gordon Rd. Mississauga, Ontario (647) 862-3414 firstname.lastname@example.org Dear Sir/Madam: It is with great deal of confidence and enthusiasm that I submit my application for your kind review. Given your institution’s reputation and commitment to deliver exceptional patient care, I am eager to join your team as a Registered Practical Nurse. Working as an RPN at your fine institution, I anticipate opportunities to leverage my interest in patient care while delivering the best of my expertise in this sacred profession.... [tags: Nursing, Patient, Nursing care plan, Health care]
979 words (2.8 pages)
- A hospital's human resource department handles hundreds of nursing resumes a week. A good portion of those resumes are for nursing occupations with a hefty percentage of qualifying applicants. A prospective applicant should consider ways to make his or her resume stand out from the rest of the pile. A nursing assistant scans each nursing resume through a computerized database, queries the database based on keywords assigned by the nursing supervisor, and assures that each resume meets the minimal requirements before submitting the winning resumes to the human resource manager for further review.... [tags: Resume, Application, Career]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Professional Development Plan: Stapelberg, N - 13006992 1. Purpose The engineering profession is one that is dedicated to finding solutions to problems varying in complexity in order to simplify the living of humanity. With such a highly recognized and valued profession comes great responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of the ones affected as well as ensuring the standard and reputation of the profession is upheld. This document serves as future candidate engineer (FCE), Mr Neil Stapelberg 's, plan for the registration as Professional Mechanical Engineer with ECSA and includes one complete Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Cycle of five years.... [tags: Engineering, Professional Engineer]
1313 words (3.8 pages)