Stapelberg, N - 13006992
The engineering profession is one that is dedicated to finding solutions to problems varying in complexity in order to simplify the living of humanity. With such a highly recognized and valued profession comes great responsibility in ensuring the health and safety of the ones affected as well as ensuring the standard and reputation of the profession is upheld.
This document serves as future candidate engineer (FCE), Mr Neil Stapelberg 's, plan for the registration as Professional Mechanical Engineer with ECSA and includes one complete Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Cycle of five years. For the rest of the document Mr Stapelberg will be referred to as the FCE. No reference shall be made to any administrative aspects as these are clearly prescribed by ECSA and will simply be followed at the appropriate time.
The FCE has always had a passion for vehicle engineering. Due to failing a first year module the FCE will only be doing his final year research project in 2017. A project relating to vehicle engineering will be the FCE 's preference.
The FCE received financial support from his parents and thus has no financial commitments towards any company. This is advantageous in the sense that the FCE is free to take on any preferred job opportunity. However it may be difficult to find a job whereas bursary holders are ensured of a job after completing their studies. The FCE is interested in travelling abroad in order to gain experience contributing towards becoming a Professional Engineer. Thus far no such opportunity has presented itself but once the FCE graduates the applications will be taken more seriously.
4. Candidate Devel...
... middle of paper ...
• Engineering Council of South Africa (2012). Competency Standard for Registration as a Professional Engineer. url: https://www.ecsa.co.za/RegisterDocuments/R- 02- PE.pdf (visited on 2016-04-05).
• Engineering Council of South Africa (2013a). Discipline-specific Training Guideline for Candidate Engineers in Mechanical Engineering. url: https://www.ecsa.co.za/ECSADocuments/ECSA%20Documents/Documents/R-05-MEC-PE.pdf (visited on 2016-04-16).
• Engineering Council of South Africa (2013b). Policy on Continuing Professional Development. url: https : / / www . ecsa . co . za / maintainregistration / MaintainReg / CPD _ Policy . pdf (visited on 2016-05-02).
• Engineering Council of South Africa (2013c). Rules of Conduct for Registered Persons. url: https: //www.ecsa.co.za/regulation/RegulationDocs/2014_Code_of_Conduct.pdf (visited on 2016-05-08).
Words in text: 1060
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- S- Finish my master’s degree in management and leadership, with an added certification in project management. My current degree path has an intended graduation date of December 2017, with the Project Management certification completion date expected by December 2018. I will then study for 3-6 months to pass the Project Management Professional (PMP) exam to take by June 2019. M- I plan to finish my master’s degree in Management and Leadership and follow my course curriculum and stay on course for graduation.... [tags: Project management, Management, Leadership, Goal]
714 words (2 pages)
- Green Fusion Recruitment Plan Here at Green Fusion we strive to attract and retain a diverse and talented workforce that will contribute to the company’s goals, mission, and vision. Careful and adequate attention must be given to each step of the recruitment process and individuals that are involved in the selection process to ensure successful hiring. Goal: To recruit 50 candidates this year based on production and as needed bases. Strategies: • To concentrate our efforts on implementing our product into the manufacturing facilities.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Job interview]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- MANUKAU INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Assignment Of Operational Manager Course Code: Submitted to: Submitted by: Amarbeer Singh Introduction: To search out the relationship of the operational managers in a company I talk to a person name Rakesh Kumar, who is the operation manager in a reputed institute. With his help I could search out and I could understand the role of an operation manager in an organization. [Firstly he explained Operations management is a management function.... [tags: Management, Operations management]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- I am finding the more I learn about the different programs the more fascinating they become. My daughter just finished a VPK program that is offered to all children in Florida the year before the begin kindergarten. This is voluntary preschool and is under the universal preschool umbrella. This is a half day program, I quickly realized she was doing more in preschool than I did when I was in kindergarten and working in a kindergarten classroom the lessons she was learning and the lessons I was currently teaching often overlapped.... [tags: Early childhood education, Kindergarten]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- 1. C-17 Date – Earl said they don’t have enough highline to support both loads of panels. Jay is going to work with them to find a work around for this constraint. Pat said that Marty had not seen any details yet. Need to verify that Early and Marty have the drawings. Confirm required delivery location and verify that the RFP includes the correct location. 2. RFP Packages – Bids are due back Oct 27th. Award is planned for Nov 10th. CPS to check when RFIs are due and when response will be provided.... [tags: Costs, Cost, Heat, Marginal cost]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- It is normally said that for by far most, the purchase of their home will be their single most vital utilization. Purchasing a home can be astoundingly invigorating besides altogether obnoxious. Various individuals need to endeavor to get the best course of action as on their home advance. The bank functions as a cash moneylender and the cash we get as an advance from a bank are known as a home loan. Bank loans cash and gathers with premium. On the off chance that anybody will need to not pay with premium, then the bank goes to lawful activity.... [tags: Loan, Debt, Interest, Mortgage loan]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- Rationale Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance (MMSA) has much to gain from raising its profile within its target audiences (teachers, educators and their students) and its’ stakeholders (funders, state decision makers, supporters, parents). MMSA needs a coordinated plan in which every staff member plays some role in communicating our work. We need to root communications efforts in the work of the organization as a whole, not isolated independent projects. This organization wide strategy will increase the profile of MMSA and benefit all projects/programs.... [tags: Communication, Message, Program management]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Ohud Alqarni & Layla Alahmari University of the Incarnate Word Program Development in Adult Education ADED 6387/7387 Spring, 2015 Professional Interview “Student-centered Teaching Methods” is a program that we are going to develop in Saudi Arabia. In the traditional approach, most class time is spent with the professor lecturing the lessons, while the students are watching, listening, and taking notes. The students work individually on assignments and all forms of collaboration are strongly discouraged.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Pedagogy]
977 words (2.8 pages)
- The proposed project will improve government ability to recruit high-quality candidates and create effective competition with both the private sector and the other levels of the government for the quality candidates. Being a corporate human resource and a public service commission element, the project will respond to the perception levels and the employee engagement relayed through the corporate employee surveys. An element of performance management will involve complimenting the human resource values build upon existing departmental recognition activities.... [tags: Project management, Implementation, Plan]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- Product page – 6 levels Entry To highlight your potential in the beginning stages of your career, we will showcase your abilities, qualifications and personal and professional achievements along with any volunteer work and extra curricular skills like foreign languages that you might possess. All of these elements can be relevant to your appeal to a potential employer. Allow us to demonstrate to your future employer that you may have less experience, but you are still one of the most valuable assets they will take on this year.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Résumé, Want]
1107 words (3.2 pages)