The education provided by University of Michigan’s PharmD program will not only prepare me to become a leader in the pharmacy profession, but enable me to be successful in any setting. One aspect of the UMich PharmD program’s curriculum that is appealing to me is the emphasis on active learning. Personally, actively being engaged in the material is the best method for me to learn and understand the material. A program that I joined during my time at the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) was the Academic Excellence (ACE) program. ACE is a program that is based on having the students actively participate in problem solving sessions and peer mentoring. Being engaged in activities pertaining to the material being taught allows me to test and solidify my understanding of the material. Active learnin...
... middle of paper ...
...t hospital pharmacist. Furthermore, these student organizations would allow me to form close-knit relationships with other students within the UMich’s PharmD program, allowing us to collaborate and support each other in order to succeed.
Many different factors were taken into consideration when choosing to which pharmacy degree program I would apply. Many aspects of UMich’s PharmD program attract me to it, including the emphasis on active learning, flexibility on exploring personal interests, interprofessional education, pharmacy practice experiences, and abundant resources. For all these reasons and many more, University of Michigan’s Pharmacy Degree program will provide me with a wholesome experience that will help me grow academically, professionally and personally as well as develop the skillsets and competencies required for me to excel as a hospital pharmacist.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Name, personal address, telephone, email A skilled and knowledgeable Pharmacy Manager with an expertise in problem resolution, customer service, operations and leadership. Accomplished in monitoring the budget, inventory, staff and department performance ensuring the Pharmacy runs smoothly and efficiently. Possesses an in-depth understanding of all laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy and establishing that they are being practiced. An ability to develop and build solid relationships with the customers and the community creating a trusting environment.... [tags: Skills, Drugs]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Help Wanted: an individual who can prepare and dispense medications, analyze orders from doctors, oversee drug therapies and provide advisement to patients on medication ("Pharmacist Job Description"). I hope to fulfill this advertisement in my future. In order to attain my desired position I need to achieve numerous requirements. My proper course of action to acquire the status of being a pharmacist includes tasks I need to undertake in high school, college and during my occupation. Currently, I am in my eleventh year of education at Jordan High School.... [tags: High school, College]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- I chose my past career pharmacy technician. A pharmacy technician assists the pharmacist in filling prescriptions for the patient. There are many different settings and positions in this career. My favorite is the inpatient hospital setting. The technicians prepare IVs, patient medicine trays, and sometimes packages them in the pharmacy so the nurse is able to scan the medications. Other settings include, retail pharmacy where one would interact with the customers, and the main job is to fill the prescription bottles, and sometimes mix up creams in the compounding lab.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Medicine, Pharmacology]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Katie, Yesterday night when I texted you so much I was out of control, and completely inappropriate. There is so much I want to say to you, but its too late, so I 'll say only what I can here. We had no future in Michigan, and when I left it was too hard for you to see our future. Leaving you and losing you now has destroyed me, and it was never the plan. I didn 't have a plan. I just knew we had to move forward, and work together to move beyond Michigan, but I failed you in so many aspects, and was completely untrue to myself.... [tags: 2007 singles, 2008 singles, Happiness]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- I selected pharmacy because I have a sincere interest in the field of study and a desire to help people. I’ve always been extremely interested in science, especially in chemistry and biology. I began looking into careers in which I could continue studying these subjects, using the information in a practical way. Throughout my undergraduate career, I have eliminated areas of health care, and narrowed my focus to pharmaceutical health services based on my strengths. I know pharmacists face challenges everyday and I feel that I am driven enough to persevere and find solutions.... [tags: Pharmacy, Health care, Learning, Pharmacist]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- The Super X Drugs (SXD) in Toronto, Hospitals within the SXD Pharmacy Program have different drug division and pharmacy information systems, but they have a universal formulary and a universal set of clinical practice expectations for pharmacists. The terms “practice assessment” and “research” can be used to explain many activities in institutional pharmacy practice. Practice assessment and research can include various types of study, conducted by pharmacists or pharmacy technicians, such as text reviews, descriptive studies, and hypothesis-driven research.... [tags: Pharmacy Practice, Activities]
607 words (1.7 pages)
- Dear Members of the Admission Committee, I am applying to the PhD in Business Administration program to further develop my research interest in entrepreneurship and strategy. I wish to explore how nurturing entrepreneurship in family businesses influence growth and continuity. I am also interested in examining the competitive dynamics of small and medium businesses in Canada, as they attempt to internationalize and compete in developing, emerging and transitional economies. The economic impact of family firms is significantly high (Astrachan, and Shanker 2003), and the level of a family 's influence on the firm, measured on a continuum of power, experience and culture (Astrachan, Klein, an... [tags: Management, Business, Developed country]
993 words (2.8 pages)
- I am currently a graduate student majoring in construction management program at the department of Construction Science in Texas A&M University at College Station. My internship program started on 18th of May 2015 at Newark, California, with Sanveo, Inc. After initial orientation procedure and completing relevant paperwork, I was assigned to work under BIM (Building Information Modelling) Lead Engineer of Sanveo, Inc. for Transbay Transit Centre project at San Francisco. A public agency named Transbay Joint Powers Authority charged with implementing Transbay project.... [tags: Construction, Architect, Project management]
1362 words (3.9 pages)
- I am finding the more I learn about the different programs the more fascinating they become. My daughter just finished a VPK program that is offered to all children in Florida the year before the begin kindergarten. This is voluntary preschool and is under the universal preschool umbrella. This is a half day program, I quickly realized she was doing more in preschool than I did when I was in kindergarten and working in a kindergarten classroom the lessons she was learning and the lessons I was currently teaching often overlapped.... [tags: Early childhood education, Kindergarten]
961 words (2.7 pages)