- Hey, you can 't be here.
- Says who?
Guess who I found trying to steal?
Where 's Pretty 's calculator?
Chef Sipho, how many times have I told you...
to always have your set of knives with you?
I 'll have to fail you.
I said things I shouldn 't have said about you.
I 'm sorry, Mr Kgomo.
It 's clear that the two of you
can 't work together.
I have to let one of you go.
Since when do you drink coffee?
- Black coffee, at that?
- Brother, I need it.
I don 't know what 's waiting for me at work.
That 's if I still have a job.
So you actually think that...
Mr Kgomo will fire you and Mma Kunutu?
- Brother, he 'd never joke about that.
- No, Sister.
Don 't worry.
'Last in, first out. ' That means...
Mma Kunutu must get fired.
Mma Kunutu won 't get fired.
He 's very fond of her, Brother!
He even complimented her on the way
she was dressed on her first day at work.
No, Sister. That means nothing.
You 're much more experienced than Mma Kunutu
at this job.
But I 've brought this onto myself, you know.
And Mr Kgomo was waiting for me
to make just one mistake, and then fire me.
Don 't worry. You didn 't do anything wrong.
He found out that I said...
he gave Mma Kunutu a job in order
to stop Alfred from suing the hospital.
I don 't know how he found out.
But, Sister, no!
How could you do something like that?
I really don 't know how you 'll get yourself
out of this mess.
People from Turfloop have a problem.
The problem is that they don 't take
the Mabitselas seriously.
But I know you 'll change all of that, Son.
Leshole, what 's wrong?
Papa, I don 't know what else to do.
Everyone at school thinks
that I stole the calculator.
... middle of paper ...
- Have I mistreated you lately?
- You 've been good to me, Papa.
Haven 't I been helping you
with your schoolwork?
You have. What 's wrong?
- So why do you tell people that I beat you?
- Which people?
- You know who I 'm talking about.
Your principal was here, threatening me.
Don 't just sit there, staring at me.
You 're actually very ungrateful.
- After everything I 've done for you!
- I 'm sorry, Papa.
I didn 't mean to tell Principal.
- It was a slip of the tongue.
- It 's too late for that!
Do you know what will happen
if they take you away or arrest me?
Do you want to go live with your principal?
I lost your mother...
and my life was almost destroyed.
And now you want to finish me off by leaving me!
Can you see what you 've done?
You see? You 've upset me so much
that I want a drink.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A family walks into a restaurant and orders a meal. The father orders a steak and mashed potatoes and the mother orders a shrimp scampi. They also order a cheesecake for dessert. They wait about 15 - 20 minutes and their orders come out piping hot and beautifully plated. They will never know the chefs that cooked their food and the work that went into it. There are a number of people responsible for preparing the food and making sure it is the best quality it can be , but the most important positions are an executive chef and a sous chef .... [tags: Chef, Culinary art, High school, Cooking]
1058 words (3 pages)
- A culinary chef has many skills and responsibilities that are not only necessary and useful, but also required to succeed. According to the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Chefs and head cooks oversee the daily food preparation at restaurants and other places where food is served. They direct kitchen staff and handle any food-related concerns.” (“Chefs and Head Cook”) I have three main reasons for choosing the culinary field. The first is I have a lot of experience with and around kitchens and I know I really enjoy the atmosphere of a kitchen.... [tags: Chef, Cooking, Food, Culinary art, High school]
1283 words (3.7 pages)
- Creating fancy cakes, breads, delectable desserts and other treats are the specialties of pastry chefs. Desserts are difficult to make but everyone loves them. Customers especially love desserts that are new, appealing, and even desserts that remind them of home. Being a classically trained pastry chef is an honor and I am lucky enough to call myself one. Not only is being a classically trained pastry chef an honor, it is rare to find chefs with that title. I can create traditional and nontraditional, delicious and visually appealing desserts that have been praised by the highest critics.... [tags: Chef, Pastry chef, Chefs, Culinary art]
1208 words (3.5 pages)
- SWEET SUCCESS Making desserts can be just hobby or can turn into a professional career. I started making desserts as a hobby later I deicided to turn it into a career. This paper will talk about what it is like as a pastry chef. This paper will include parts of an interview with exceitive pastry chef Kate Richter. She works in Sarah’s cake shop located in Chesterfield. Also this paper will also talk about the difference is between a baker and a pastry chef. And What is the typally duty of a pastry.... [tags: Chef, Baking, Pâtisserie, Pastry chef, Chefs]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- Throwing flour, eggs, baking soda, and salt in a bowl to make a cupcake is how people classify a pastry chef. In the dictionary a pastry chef is a professional cook who specializes in making desserts, especially cakes and pastries . There are over a million pastries out in the world that some may enjoy and may not. Becoming a pastry chef is my passion that’s why I am here to explain what responsibilities you have to take on this career. To me a pastry chef is a baker whom is passionate about what they’re about to design and loves exotic desserts.... [tags: Baking, Pastry chef, Baker, Walt Disney, Chef]
808 words (2.3 pages)
- Product page – 6 levels Entry To highlight your potential in the beginning stages of your career, we will showcase your abilities, qualifications and personal and professional achievements along with any volunteer work and extra curricular skills like foreign languages that you might possess. All of these elements can be relevant to your appeal to a potential employer. Allow us to demonstrate to your future employer that you may have less experience, but you are still one of the most valuable assets they will take on this year.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Résumé, Want]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Talent recruitment is among the key issues businesses must solve. Attracting the right talent and making the right hire is not as easy as it might sound, especially in the current recruitment landscape. So, what is the future of talent recruitment. We’ll explore the changes the recruitment industry has faced in the past, by analysing the previous recruitment model and the impact of digitalisation of the sector. We’ll then focus on the big problem recruitment must solve and outline five future trends of the industry.... [tags: Recruitment, Employment, Résumé, Recruiter]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- The proposed project will improve government ability to recruit high-quality candidates and create effective competition with both the private sector and the other levels of the government for the quality candidates. Being a corporate human resource and a public service commission element, the project will respond to the perception levels and the employee engagement relayed through the corporate employee surveys. An element of performance management will involve complimenting the human resource values build upon existing departmental recognition activities.... [tags: Project management, Implementation, Plan]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- http://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/grabmyessay/ GrabMyEssay have a long-standing reputation for helping busy students, eCommerce businesspersons and people with professional careers. GrabMyEssay has both a fantastic online and offline reputation that currently puts it ahead of most other essay writing services in business today. Their services are not innovative, but they are done with a far higher quality and standard than most essay writing services are able to achieve. REVIEW CRITERIA The review given below is based on user rating, web scraping, and based on the personal experience of our reviewers with the writing service.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Customer, Customer service]
1146 words (3.3 pages)
- Talent Recruiting It is important to recruit top talent for many reasons. According to Oracle, if an organization hires a top performer, then it is proven that 10 million can be added towards their revenue. This is only effective if the new hire is willing to stay longer than a year. Recruiting is very essential in achieving this goal, and that is why companies need to create some effective criteria for recruiting. Many organizations struggle to find and attract candidates according to Mpatterson.... [tags: Employment, Recruitment, Strategic management]
1056 words (3 pages)