LCEC is a great company. We truly do offer great service to our customers. The relationship with my supervisor has been like no other, you can see the dedication. I learned in class ADM-303Administrative Theory & Practice a leader inspires dedication by example, doing whatever it takes to complete the next step toward the vision. By setting an example, leaders can demonstrate that there aren’t any nine-to-five jobs on the team.
I work in the Finance and Accounting Department as a Senior Customer Accounting Representative. When my co-worker retired after thirty five years, her responsibilities were handed over to me. There are areas of the job that need improvements. This made me think of class ADM-325 Compensation and Benefits, “How people are paid affects their behaviors at work, which affect an organization’s success” (Milkovich, Newman, & Gerhart, 2014).
The one process that particular caught me by surprise was, Abandoned Property. I thought about all the steps and what could be improved in the flow of this process, based on what I learned in ADM 412 Quality and Productivity class. "Process improvement" means making things better, not just managing crises. It is a way of looking at how we can do our work better.
The annual abandoned property process selects accounts with stale dated checks based on specific parameters. “Under Chapter 717, Florid...
... middle of paper ...
... management. Innovation, diffusion and, 3.
Herrmann, J. W. (2003). Improving Production Scheduling: Integrating Organizational,Decision-Making, and Problem-Solving Perspectives. Department of Mechanical Engineering and Institute for Systems Research, 2.
Hui-Chiu, K. (2006). Information flow over Process. Department of Business Administration, 168.
Milkovich, G. T., Newman, J. M., & Gerhart, B. (2014). Compensation. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Ruth, S., & Aguilar, S. (2003). Business process modelling: Reviewand framework. Department of Production Economics, 01.
Schultz, J. R. (2007). Performance Improvement: The Means To Process Improvement. 29.
Services, D. o. (2014, 01 01). Florida Bureau of Unclaimed Property Reporting Instructions Manual. Retrieved 04 14, 01-01-2014, from www.fltreasurehunt.org: https://www.fltreasurehunt.org/files/Reporting-Instructions-Manual-2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- A Model- Based Methodology for Spray Drying Process Development Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation September 2009 Volume 4 Issue 3 This paper describes a novel methodology based on fundamental engineering models as well as process characterization techniques to ensure that the spray drying process is efficient and requires minimal time and API. Spray drying methods use rapid drying kinetics to produce solid amorphous dispersions, excipients, and encapsulation. Spray drying dispersions are used to increase bioavailability of poorly soluble APIs.... [tags: engineering models, process techniques]
1395 words (4 pages)
- There are two main models in the criminal process, the crime control model and the due process model. The crime control model focuses on repression of crime in a speedy and conclusive way. The use of “presumptions of guilt” speeds the process up because very little evidence is needed against the suspect for them to be considered guilty. In this model, it is believed the laws should be stricter, the police force should be increased, and the sentences should be more intense. The due process model has more steps and is more dependable.... [tags: criminal process, crime, brothe boy]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Team Model Building A model for explaining the context and process of teamwork must operate on two plains. There is a group dynamic impacting the team process as a whole and a personal dynamic that tracks the phases and changes that the team members experience throughout the team process. After reviewing the University of Phoenix Team Life Cycle Model, reflecting on the course readings, and conferring with teammates, two tracks were identified that have application for University of Phoenix teams; and possibly, a broader representation for industry and not-for-profit organizations.... [tags: Teamwork Team Building Analysis Model]
1671 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction The decision is to select an action among a number of actions that solves a given problem, that prevents a problem from happening, or that forces to apply new ideas for development. The need for understanding decision making process is increasing because the complexity of modern organizations is increasing, and because the modern organizations' effectiveness depends on the decisions made by the managers. The question is how to select the most appropriate action to solve the problem satisfying all stakeholders.... [tags: Leadership]
1923 words (5.5 pages)
- There are two distinct types of models that are found in the English criminal justice system. These are the crime control model and the due process model. They vary in their characteristics and are considered to take divergent objectives. Basing on their evident differences, one of them is actually considered being more effective than the other if the new wave and rate of crime being witnessed in the society is anything to go by. This paper therefore seeks to identify some of the differences between these models and point out that which is considered as effective in dealing with rate of crime in our current society.... [tags: Criminal Justice ]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- ... There is less wage differences within the same profession. However, workers in low profit companies became unemployed because the company is not capable to deal with higher cost which in turn put pressure to labor market. In order to reduce unemployment, the state must intervene labor market so Active labor market policy was imposed according to mobility stimulus. The state helped moving labor to flexible labor market which fit individual’s labor skill. This can be achieved by retaining or re-education of redundant labor.... [tags: deconmodification, wage, condition, model]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction: One of the clinical skills which I become competent in during my clinical placement is bed washing a patient. I had little or no knowledge of how to wash a patient in a hospital before and this training has provided me an ample opportunity to learn this skill. The reflective model I have chosen to describe my essay is Gibbs model (Gibbs 1998).Gibbs model of reflection is one of the most popular models of reflection and divided into six step process of reflective cycles. These are incorporates in the following: Description of the event, feelings, evaluation, analysis, conclusion, and action plan.... [tags: The Gibbs Model]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- A Systems Model of a Process "Would you tell me please which way I ought to go from here?" "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to," said the Cat. "I don't much care whereâ€¦ " said Alice. "Then it doesn't matter which way you go," said the Cat. "â€¦so long as I get somewhere," added Alice as an explanation. - Alice & the Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll When one sees eternity in the things that pass away and infinity in finite things, its only then that he has attained pure knowledge - Bhagvad Geeta A process is a structured, measured & controlled set of activities... [tags: Papers]
2013 words (5.8 pages)
- ... The last box was the systems box which is composed of the graduation, financial aid, and emails. The way the author separated each things into those boxes show how the author will be applying it at work. Input, Throughput, and Output Model What is it. Input, Throughput, and Output are part of an open-system system. According to Jacobs (2008) the system is something that is always working to stay on the same stability level. To keep the stability level there are feedback loops that use inputs and outputs.... [tags: changes, companies variables, model]
1722 words (4.9 pages)
- Introduction Budgeting is a process in which every firm has to be involved with not only the board of director (Principle) who authorize the budget but also management team (Agent) who use it as well. In other words, budgeting need communication with every level of employee in the company in order to construct the goal or strategy of the company. Moreover, budgets are an instrument of power as well as being a reflection of power (Ashton et. al., 1995, p.289). Budgets that are not based on well-understood activities and costs are poor indicators of performance (Drury, 2005).... [tags: Business, Traditional Budgeting Model]
1607 words (4.6 pages)