Not allowing homosexuals to marry lets the public state that they don't have the same rights as us. This shows society that discriminating against homosexuals is alright, when in fact it's not. Not allowing homosexuals to marry is actually "unconstitutional under both the Due Process and Equal Protection Clauses" (ProCon). Many organizations have been created in support of gay rights, but they are still receiving hate from many other organizations including big companies like Chick-fil-A.
Think back to the Chick-fil-a incident in 2012, "Elected officials have urged Chick-fil-a to stay out of their cites, the Jim Henson company has severed ties, and gay rights groups are organizing national protests" (Shapiro). How is this fair? They don't deserve to be spoken about like that. Did they ask for people to hate them because they are gay." On Wednesday --[nicknamed] "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day" by former presidential candidate Mike Huckabee -- lines are stretching out the front door and the parking lot is packed with cus...
... middle of paper ...
...ian M. "Lessons from Gay Marriages." Student Research Center. EBSCOhost, n.d. Web. 18 Jan. 2014.
Parker-Pope, Tara. "Gay Unions Shed Light on Gender in Marriage." The New York Times. The New York Times Company, 10 June 2008. Web. 18 Jan. 2014.
ProCon. "Should Gay Marriage Be Legal?" ProCon.org. ProCon.org, 20 Nov. 2013. Web. 10 Dec. 2013.
Random Facts. "82 Interesting Facts About . . . LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender)." 82 Interesting Facts about LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender). Random Facts, 13 Sept. 2011. Web. 18 Jan. 2014.
Rosman, Elisa. "Adoptions by Same-Sex Couples Still on the Rise." Adoption News and Information from Adoptive Families. Adoptive Families, 2014. Web. 20 Jan. 2014.
Shapiro, Lila. "Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay Controversy: Gay Employees Speak Out." The Huffington Post. TheHuffingtonPost.com, 01 Aug. 2012. Web. 20 Jan. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Same-Sex Marriage should be legalized Marriage is defined as the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law. It stems all the way back to biblical days when God created Adam and Eve, a perfect partnership of a man and women. While you receive a state issued Marriage license, marriage has been primarily controlled by the church and officiated by a Priest or Pastor. I find it hypocritical that Americans do not want God in schools or law making processes but use it as a scapegoat to ban same-sex marriages.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage]
1037 words (3 pages)
- ... In other words look at two puzzle pieces two male ends do not fit together and two female ends do not fit together a male and a female fit together. That 's how it should be with people too. Homosexuals using their surrogate mother and sperm donor wrong. When people fight for same-sex marriage they say about a marriage should be for more than just a man and woman. But what they don 't think about is what if the said couple wants a kid, they have to use a surrogate mother or a sperm donor. A surrogate mother is a woman who artificially inseminates with the father 's sperm.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage]
1129 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Justice Anthony Kennedy explains that “the reasons marriage is fundamental under the Constitution apply with equal force to same-sex couples” (Bier). Same-sex marriage should be recognized as a legal protection before the law. Conservatives disagree, arguing that same-sex marriage is a carnal sin that destroys religious values of morality. While the Bible supports heterosexual marriage, it refutes same-sex marriage. They claim that redefining marriage will only bring negative consequences and weaken the faith and church over time.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Same Sex Marriage Should same sex marriage be legalized all over the United States. There are many pros and cons on the topic. Many people argue over how gay marriage is defined as a sin in the bible. Despite the cons to same sex marriage, people should be allowed to be with whomever they want without being controlled and told who they can and cannot love. People cannot control with whom they fall in love with and they cannot express their true selves if they do not have the opportunity to show who they really love.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1673 words (4.8 pages)
- Gay marriage is one of the most controversial, sensitive topics that have been discussed around the world. Almost overnight same-sex marriage became a major national issue, pitting religious and social controversies against gay rights advocates and their allies (Masci). Although the debate for same sex marriage became noticeably public in the late twentieth century it was not until 1993 during a Hawaiian case that the issue became national news. Although many people are against the legalization of same sex marriage, same sex marriage should be legalized in all fifty two states in the USA because of the many legal issues for same-sex couples and the impact it will have on current and future g... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Same-sex marriage or “gay” marriage is described as a relationship between two people of the same gender. Marriage should be between two people who love each other; it should have nothing to do with gender. In most states, married couples are treated differently than a non- married couple, which goes for gay couples as well. In some states, same-sex marriage is illegal. Those who don’t support same sex marriage, whether it be because of harbored hostility or their traditional views, are more accepting of a legislative decision over a judicial decision (Dry, p.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality, Marriage]
1577 words (4.5 pages)
- ... With religious liberty they are not an issue the court decision in Obergell acknowledged that some held long standing and religious beliefs of the same-sex. Same-sex marriage is treatment of dissenting views that is important in protection of religious beliefs that has come from opposing from the same-sex marriage ruling. The way a church is ran that does not change. In the ruling that does not remove separation of church and state. Churches will continue to make a decision about the ceremonies that are performed.... [tags: Marriage, Same-sex marriage, Homosexuality]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Same Sex Marriage Same sex marriage may be a topic that a lot of individuals in the world have had their own opinions and considerations on. Since, America has a large population, individuals see homosexuals to be abnormal. To have the legal right to marry the same sex has been a fight for a lot of homosexual people within the United States, because it is currently legal in thirty seven states and illegal in seven states and in review in a half - dozen. It has not been a straightforward method for gays actually love simply because of their identical sex and to express that love by marriage.... [tags: Homosexuality, Same-sex marriage, Marriage]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- Legalize Same-Sex Marriage Same-sex marriage legalization is controversial. In 1924 the fight for same-sex marriage and equality began with The Society for Human Rights in Chicago. The society for Human Rights is the earliest documented organization. (Infoplease.com The American Gay Rights Movement: A Timeline). At the turn of the recent millennium this issue became more important in our society. It has been 90 years of fighting for same-sex marriage. This issue not only exists within the United States but throughout the world.... [tags: Homosexuality, Marriage, Same-sex marriage]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- How is it that today over 32 states have legalized same sex marriage, whereas only 18 states have a marriage ban through either state laws and or constitutional amendments. Marriage equality is something that the United States has had to deal with for a very long time, and it is something that is highly debated between peers. There are many who would try to persuade you that this is okay and that marriage equality should be allowed for all. I am here to argue against this and to provide to you thoughtful information as to why this is not the case, and that same sex marriage is and always has been wrong.... [tags: Same-sex marriage, Marriage, Homosexuality]
1483 words (4.2 pages)