Andrews should look into changing performance objectives to putting the customer first, as this will help to ensure better customer service and customer focus. He could also look at introducing selling standards that all customer facing colleagues need to adhere to. Colleagues should receive proper training, have a road to competency to gain required skills for their position, keep records of customer interviews and provide customers with fact sheets with all relevant details and the reason why a specific service was offered.
The Chairman’s suggested to introduce a code of professional conduct to focus the staff’s and manager’s awareness on the ethical dimensions of their work and to show the impact their behaviour has on customers. The Chartered Banker Institute, as the professional body for bankers in the UK, develops and promotes professional standards for bankers. Using the Chartered Banker Institute’s code of conduct will ensure that BBB Bank’s code of conduct will adhere to the professional standards of the banking industry in the UK, however it might not address the core issues BBB Bank is facing at the moment. Therefore, BBB Bank should create its own code of conduct, using the Professional Standards Board’s Code of Professional Conduct as a foundation to build on.
A code of conduct should be p...
... middle of paper ...
...panies take on a social responsibility as well, meaning that Andrews should consider ensuring that third party suppliers adhere to the same or similar moral standards and evaluate the impact BBB Bank has on its environment. This could mean making sure that the company recycles, supports local communities, or offers financial services and education to vulnerable customers.
Creating a highly ethical organisation with a professional code of conduct is vital in the current market, as the public conscience is putting more emphasis on making ethical choices in every part of their lives, this includes buying food, clothes and also in banking. Ensuring that BBB Bank adheres to a high ethical standard, both in the way they do business and treat their customers can have a highly positive effect on their tarnished reputation and ensure that customers decide to bank with them.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Case Study on Japan Sales Force The main issue in case study 4-7 focuses on what the Japan company Nippon Cash Machines and their recent US merger National Office Machines should do to their Japanese sales force who has always followed a salary based payment plan and lifetime job security because they are quickly loosing market share in a highly competitive market. Therefore, the main statement for the case is as follows: Should a merged company such as who Nippon/American Business Machines Corporation, who is facing strong competition and loosing market share, change the Japan sales force payment plan and go against traditional Japan values in order to remain competitive in their ma... [tags: Business Analysis Japanese Sales Essays]
711 words (2 pages)
- Pharmaceutical companies that employ harsh and illegal marketing tactics need to be stopped, or at least monitored closely. Over the past twenty five years, big and little name pharmaceutical companies have taken full advantage of all marketing outlets. These companies lobby using everything from t.v. commercials to pamphlets sent directly to medical offices. After being raised surrounded by a world of prescription narcotics and developing a particularly sour taste for them through personal and educational research, there is a raging fire inside me to find a solution for this grotesque intrusion into the life of every person in this country.... [tags: Morphine, Opioid, Pharmacology, Drug addiction]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- ComputAbility, a mail-order company, began in 1982. An authorized reseller of computer software and hardware, ComputAbility offers their clients over 50,000 products. The company has built their reputation on a foundation of competitive prices and quality service. In August of 1997, Creative Computers, also a mail-order company, acquired ComputAbility. The acquisition provided a number of benefits to the company, primarily a larger product selection to offer to customers. Currently, ComputAbility employs 60 + people with plans of adding on 20 to 30 more sales representatives and support staff during the next year.... [tags: essays research papers]
3704 words (10.6 pages)
- SALE BUDGET The operating budget is one of the two parts of the master budget. The purpose of the operating budget is to describe the income-generating activities of the firm such as sales, production, and finished goods inventory. The ultimate conclusion of the operating budget is the pro forma income statement and the operating profit margin. The operating profit margin is not the same as net profit, which you cannot calculate until you prepare the financial budget. The operating budget is prepared before the financial budget since many of the financing activities aren 't known until the operating budget is prepared.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Budget, Budgets]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- Marketing communication assists in the development of brand awareness. This implies that customers will interpret product’s information into how they perceive that product that will subsequently affect a product’s position in the market. Furthermore, marketing communication is used as a means of maintaining existing customers, as well as built strong relationship with all the market stake holders. There are several marketing communication strategies, and the challenge to businesses if finding the right one to use.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Soft drink]
704 words (2 pages)
- At the moment, Access Closet Collection’s management is focusing on putting all modalities in place to develop an interactive ecommerce website that will support professionalism, customer service and swiftness in operation. The company shall employ proven marketing campaign tactics to expand its influence in the online retail market. Going forward, Access Closet Collection shall commit to weighing and reviewing feedbacks from current and prospective clients while leveraging on the word of mouth advantage from satisfied clients to build brand equity that endorses increase in business acceptance.... [tags: Renting, Sales, Marketing, Customer service]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction Socialization is a process in which a newcomer adapts the behaviour pattern of the organizations surrounding culture and acquires knowledge and attitudes needed to become an effective insider to an organization (Van Maanen and Schein, 1979) Organization Socialization for a newcomer staff member is very essential as adjustment during initial entry is generally believed the most intense and problematic phase and by the process of socialization a newcomer get in speed with the organization and adapt its environment, it becomes easier for the newcomer to learn organizational values ,norms and resources.... [tags: values, norms, resources, commitment, attitude]
2491 words (7.1 pages)
- A sales presentation for a new HTC phone to a target market in California would entail an introduction, body, and a conclusion as a call to action. The introduction would start with a greeting to the audience and an introduction of the HTC sales team. The team would be trying to sell the new HTC one M9 and the sales manager in charge of mobile devices would lead the presentation assisted by two sales executives. HTC is a Taiwanese multinational that specializes in manufacturing tablets and smartphones whose slogan is “Here’s to Change”.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Sales management, Taiwan]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- Rational persuasion has been found to be used in all three directions: upwards, downwards and laterally. (Yukl, & Falbe, 1990) Rational persuasion is used in all directions in organizations because it is relevant in most discussions. Another contingency affecting the use of rational persuasion is the objective of the influence attempt. (Yukl, Guinan, & Sottolano, 1995) Rational persuasion has been shown to be used most often to procure political support, resources, or approvals. Rational persuasion has been shown to be flexible and adaptable for the vast majority of situations involving influence.... [tags: Rational Persuasion, Pressure Tactics]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Sales Promotions and Infrastructure Sales promotions are an example of ways to entice a consumer to consume quicker or consume more than they normally would. They are deals or sales that help the customer save money on a product but also give the company more business. I live in a few different places so I will talk about Pakistan as my country today. In Pakistan, the internet boom is in its prime. However, a large population is still unconnected. Cell phones are in every hand but Wi-Fi isn’t available everywhere.... [tags: Marketing, Sales promotion, Sales, Promotion]
718 words (2.1 pages)