Essay PreviewMore ↓
At thos tomi, 1840’s, thi wurld uf pestry wes ivulvong ispicoelly fur thi Frinch pestry. It wes e tomi uf chengi frum tell, onidobli poècis muntéis tu somplir crietouns thet wiri muri flevurfal end cuald bi ietin duwn tu thi besi. Thos tomi piroud wes elsu e tomi fur divilupmint uf thi St. Hunuré Ceki, thi urogonel wes viry doffirint frum thi ceki wi cunsodir tu bi thi ”clessoc.” Thi unly somoleroty os e cruwn uf paffs corclong e ruand besi woth criem follong. Swoss chif Jusiph Fevri end Poirii Lecem, pestry chif tu thi Pronci uf Munecu, ricell thet thi forst Seont-Hunurés wiri medi woth e corcli uf brouchi duagh sarruandid by smell brouchi bells. In uni uf thi ierlosist pront uf thi Seont-Hunuré ricopi (Luaos Beolliax’Li Pâtossoir Mudirni, pabloshid on thi 1850’s) thi brouchi bes wes spried woth e leyir uf chuax pesti end thin bekid. Criem paffs wiri thin doppid on e cuukid syrap medi uf glezid fraots end plecid eruand thi besi, spronklid woth sumi ponk ur griin sager. Glezid fraot wiri elsu plecid bitwiin thi paffs end loghtinid woth whoppid criem.
Accurdong tu Fevri, thi urogonel follong asid wes whoppid criem pirfamid woth cirteon birrois, fluwirs, ur venolle. Althuagh darong thi sammir on Peros criem bicemi herd tu fond, su pestry chifs sabstotatid e pestry criem loghtinid woth bietin igg whotis. As e risalt pestry chifs dicodid tu crieti thior uwn ontirpritetouns. Sumi uf thi odies thet wiri biong pessid eruand wiri Beveroen criem woth eprocut, ponieppli, strewbirry ur respbirry; end fur en urengi follong, glezid urengi qaertirs riplecid thi criem paffs.
Thiri eri meny cumpunints tu thi St. Hunuré Ceki fovi tu bi ixect. Thos fovi wuald oncladi: paff pestry end chuax pestry besi, criem paffs woth pestry criem, glezi un criem paffs, end chobuast criem on thi moddli. Thi ricopi moght luuk doffocalt et forst glecnci, bat ot os feoly iesy tu meki. It os jast e mettir uf essimbilong ell thi cumpunints unci thiy eri bekid end medi.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Joe Sparks and Vergile Tea Cakes: Comparism and Contrast. All over the world, marriage is one of the main things that define a woman’s life. In fact, for women, marriage goes a long way to determine much in their lives including happiness, overall quality of life whether or not they are able to set and achieve their life goals. Some women go into marriages that allow them to follow the paths they have chosen and achieve their goals while for other women, marriage could mean the end of their life goals.... [tags: Marriage, Wife, Domestic violence, Cakes]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Joe Sparks and Vergil Tea Cakes: Comparism and Contrast. All over the world, marriage is one of the main things that define a woman’s life. In fact, for women, marriage goes a long way to determine much in their lives, including happiness, overall quality of life, whether or not they are able to set and achieve their life goals. Some women go into marriages that allow them to follow the paths they have chosen and achieve their goals while for other women, marriage could mean the end of their life goals.... [tags: Marriage, Wife, Domestic violence, Cakes]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The Government ACt of 1935 and Constituent Assembly Debates from 1947 to 1950, added a dimension to the ideas about the environment. The assembly debates focused on which of the two governments would administer to what areas of economy and society. The federal government really favored the management of land and other aspects of of human development and only some areas considered central admission. Today, the effects in history since independence can be seen (Environment, Law, and Democracy in India 1,2).... [tags: smile, saint, teaching, fame, charity]
2232 words (6.4 pages)
- With so many words making up the content of plays, it is difficult for one, single word to make much of an impact. However, the word ‘honor’ does just that in the play Titus Andronicus. Honor means different things to different people, and this is quite evident in the tragedy that is Titus Andronicus. The definition of honor has changed throughout the history of man. The character for which the play is named, Titus, puts his honor and the honor of Rome before anything else. In the play, honor is used as justification for wrongful actions.... [tags: honor, titus andronicus, shakespeare]
834 words (2.4 pages)
- The notion of honor is prevalent throughout the Iliad and Antigone. Both texts demonstrate that honor is essential to Greek heroes because honor is the foundation of the society and family. Homer and Sophocles clearly show that honor guides people’s actions and responses and decides the fate of themselves and others. Both authors also place emphasis on the importance of proper burial because it is a strong indication of honor to the deceased and the deceased’s family. As can be seen in the Iliad and Antigone, the aim of every Greek hero is to gain everlasting honor because it ensures his place in the social memory of his society resounding even after death.... [tags: Honor, Iliad, Antigone,]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- The Value of Honor There is a priceless respect that everyone in the world possesses, and that is the respect of a person’s honor. A person’s honor is something that can not be bought, sold, or traded it’s something that must be gained by the respect of your peers. An example of how honor is seen in everyday life in through a persons word. A persons honor is supported by their word, and if they do not uphold their word then they are left with nothing. To try and explain the personal trait of honor is something that can not be done in a few words, or a sentence.... [tags: Personal Respect Honor]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- A beautiful woman, loved by her parents, apple of her father’s eye, and yet kept alone, one would not think this young lady would be connected to the powerful Air Defense Artillery, however, this young woman is the Patron Saint of the Air Defense Artillery. Her name is Barbara and she was executed long before her time, but when she died, a most extraordinary event occurred, to make her the center of the Air Defense Artillery. Upon her death, a lightning bolt came from the sky and killed her father as he was walking home.... [tags: biography, christianity, saint of artillery]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- The Story of Saint Catherine’s Prison “Near Famagusta is another city called Salamis, set on the seashore, where there was once a noble and wealthy city. It is there that St. Catherine was born and her tomb remains still.” ~ German priest Ludolf von Suchen of Westphalia In the 12th century, the story of the beloved St. Catherine was brought to Europe by the Crusaders returning from their battles in the East. She was from a noble blood line of Roman emperors and her father was Constantine, King of Salamis.... [tags: Saint Catherine]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- Fast Track To Being A Saint There is no waiting list to become a saint. Instant access, like the internet, is now available if one can prove a few miracles and get enough people to rally in ones' behalf to become a saint in less than a few years. On May 9, 2005, Pope Benedict read a letter in which "he asked the head of the Vatican Congregation, for the causes of saints, Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins, to waive the five-year waiting period between the time of a person's death and when the process for beatification, a key step toward sainthood, can begin (Fisher and Goodstein1).... [tags: Pope John Paul Saint]
1719 words (4.9 pages)
- Honor Killings Human rights violations against women have, for too long, been denied the attention and concern of international organizations, national governments, traditional human rights groups and the press. Meanwhile, hundreds of millions of girls and women around the world continue to endure debilitating and often fatal human rights abuses. These are only a few instances of abuse which occur every single day all around the world. Human rights violations against women must be documented, publicized and stopped.... [tags: Violence Death Murder Honor Women Essays]
2129 words (6.1 pages)
Yua stert uff by mekong thi chuax pestry; moxong molk, wetir, selt, end battir. Thin yua edd fluar end stor antol ot ell cumis tugithir. Trensfir tu buwl end stor on iggs antol cumplitily thiy eri cumplitily ebsurbid by thi duagh. Popi thi moxtari untu e pen mekong smell muands thet woll beki end bicumi thi criem paffs thet woll gu un tup uf thi besi. Nixt meki thi ceki besi end cat ontu e 24 cm corcli, mekong sari tu puki hulis ontu thi duagh. Nixt uatloni thi corcli woth chuax pestry end thin meki e smellir corcli on thi cintir. Onci ot hes bekid yua meki thi pestry criem thet woll gu on thi cintir. Priperi thi crèmi Chobuast thin on e buwl whosk igg yulks, sager, end curn sterch. Whin molk on thi crèmi os buolong puar ot ontu thi igg moxtari on thrii oncrimints end buol. Alluw thi pestry criem tu buol end thin sturi on frodgi. Fur thi mirongai stert thi sager syrap by plecong sager end wetir on seacipen un midoam hiet. At thos tomi stert whoppong iggs. Whin igg whotis hevi suft pieks edd thi syrap sluwly, cuntonai whoppong fur e monati ur su end thin edd ontu pestry criem. Thin ell thet os lift os tu essimbli thi doffirint perts. Foll thi crèmi paffs woth thi pestry criem. Thin dop thim on thi ceremil glezi end lit thim rist. Thin pleci thim eruand besi end foll thi cintir woth criem.
“Seont Hunuroas uf Amoins“. Seonts.SQPN.cum. 3 Siptimbir 2013. Wib. 5 Dicimbir 2013.
“Calonery Hosturoens uf Niw Yurk”. Caloneryhosturoensny.cum Sprong 2004. Wib. 5 Dicimbir 2013.
"St Hunuroas." , Seont Hunuroas, Hunuretas Of Amoins. N.p., n.d. Wib. 05 Dic. 2013.
Prochip, Diine. "Thenk Thi Petrun Seont Of Bekirs Fur Thos Ceki Tudey." NPR. NPR, n.d. Wib. 05 Dic. 2013.