The players coming into the Kings for the last few years have been young college kids picked in the first round of the draft with aspirations of becoming stars. Every kid going into the NBA thinks he is the next Lebron James, and thinks he can make a bad team great all by himself. But this is where the problem stems from; these nineteen and twenty year olds stepping on the court are talented but not grounded, and as soon as the season starts and their hopes are high, they manage to play the best game of one versus five. Take a player we recently traded away; Tyreke Evans. He is an extremely talented player who could drive on the hoop and still make the basket. The problem that existed with Tyreke is that he did not pass the ball. Once he heard the fans cheer his na...
... middle of paper ...
...that skill and utilize the skill set of each player on the team. And the Coaches in Sacramento, still haven't made the cut.
People look at Sacramento like one of those teams that will need a LeBron James, or a Michael Jordan to help lift us out of the rut that we are in. But people don’t look at why we are in a rut, to come up with a solution. The Kings have been playing bad basketball for the past five to ten years now, plain and simple. The people in prime responsibility, the players and coaches for their lack of care and effort in a team that they think is just a speed bump in their career. And as they choose complacency in how they attack the problem, and sulk under the mask of bad basketball, the fans punished, by horrible entertainment. There is a solution, but it only comes when the coaches and players are ready say they are proud to be a Sacramento King.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Concepts of Team Management When we think of the word team, individually many different ideas may come to mind about what a team really is. Some may think of an NFL team (Tennessee Titans), an NBA team (Sacramento Kings), or a NASA astronaut team with such pioneers as Edwin Aldrin, Jr. and Neil Armstrong as members. You might even think of the U.S. Navy, Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, or Marines as teams. In fact they all are, and they have a great deal in common as teams. However, for the purposes of this paper I will examine the characteristics of work teams, as they apply to organizations and I will supply answers to the following questions: What is a team.... [tags: Business Leadership Team Work]
1680 words (4.8 pages)
- Sacramento, California is currently in the midst of a potential economic and social revolution in its downtown area. There are several, huge developmental efforts that are currently ongoing. Most of Sacramento’s development revolves around the Golden 1 Center, the new home for the Sacramento Kings. In addition to the arena, Sacramento is creating housing and retail developments in the same area, known as the Downtown Commons. The upcoming development will certainly change the city. However, Sacramento is relying heavily on the Golden 1 Center to raise economic and social environment in downtown.... [tags: Economics, Dependency theory, Economy]
704 words (2 pages)
- Did you know that the first ever hoops were simply just peach baskets and the first backboards were made of wire. Surprisingly in 1972 college basketball was only televised regionally. Interestingly enough Walt Fraizer was the first player to get paid to where certain shoes!. Starting from the days of the peach baskets basketball has come a long way in the rules, the teams, its history, and the NBA. Basketball was invented in 1891 by a man named James Naismith and the first game was played in December 1891.... [tags: shooting hoops, indoor team sports]
740 words (2.1 pages)
- Sacramento is a big city and is the capital of California. It is the home to seven school districts as well as two universities: University of California, Davis and California State University, Sacramento. Sacramento is in the valley of California so it has many farmers with farmland and suburban areas. The reason that I have chosen Sacramento is because that is where I grew up for most of my life. It is a great city and has a lot of interesting places within. By choosing to write about Sacramento, it will give me the opportunity to learn more about where I lived, which is really important.... [tags: climate changes, sacramento, california]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- There are lots of temp agencies that can help you find the Sacramento CA temp jobs that suit your current skills. Most agencies specialize sourcing workers for all industries present in Sacramento while some just hire for a specific sector. With many agencies in the city, how do you know which one is legit or not. How can you find one. With many companies in Sacramento hiring through temp agencies today, you are relieved of the burden of having to apply directly to employers when an agency can endorse or recommend you to a number of companies more than you can apply on your own.... [tags: sacramento, jobs, temp agencies]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- Right now, it's really hard to find jobs in certain cities in California, where the unemployment rate has surged over 10%. If you are looking for work, best you can do is to avoid coming over to these places and go to where unemployment is not, yet, worse and where employers are still hiring, even for just temporary positions. Maybe Sacramento would be the right place for you to find jobs. Why Sacramento. What's there to work in the state's capital that even has its own unemployment woes. Well, the city is far yet from following Detroit's steps, and the city being the state capital, officials will work hard to avoid the same predicament.... [tags: jobs, sacramento, unemployment, temp jobs]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- When composing a team, your ideal team will consist of individuals who have the skills and experience to accomplish the task, as well as, the motivation needed to be successful. (Dyer, 37) Team composition is the configuration of a team, normally based on attributes of the team and the task given. The team leader’s job is to identify those individuals who will benefit the team in completing the task. Effective team leaders set the clear vision of the team’s goal, establish a clear direction towards achieving the goal, motivate team members, include the ideas and opinions of team members in decision making, and coaching those who struggle through to success.... [tags: Leadership, Team, Skill, Motivation]
1429 words (4.1 pages)
- The seven formal sacraments play a major role in religion, each have their own divine meaning that was set forth by the Lord. Confirmation is the sacrament in which one seals Baptism, where one is given the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit. This is when you make a choice as a follower of God to live your life as a Christian, and to wholeheartedly accept Jesus Christ into your heart. The history of confirmation in the Catholic Church goes back to the Middle Ages. It became the practice to confirm children in the church once they were closer to adolescence instead of infancy.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Christian terms, Sacrament]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- Stages of a Team As a professional in Corporate America, working as part of a team, or leading a team is inevitable. Many great accomplishments come from teams. Establishing a team and understanding the stages of their development is necessary for a leader. The stages of team development are forming, storming, norming, performing, and adjourning (Gibson, Ivancevich, Donnelly, & Konopeske, 2009). This paper explores these five development stages to the experience of the team effort assigned to resolve the printing problem at Children’s Hospital Colorado.... [tags: The A-Team, Team, The Stage, Stage]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- The Use of Oils in Sacraments 'Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit…'; Many of the sacraments that are celebrated today involve the use of oil. Baptism and confirmation are the two principle sacraments involving oils. In the Church liturgies, the actual significance of oil is often not known (or at least not fully) to the members of the parish faith community. This paper will examine the meaning of oil, the sacraments in which it is used, and prayers associated with it.... [tags: Bible Christianity Sacrament Rites Essays]
1559 words (4.5 pages)