When you walked in, you were standing in the living room and the windows on the back of the house, let you see all the way out into the back yard. The dining table was to the right and was situated in a turret of windows. Both rooms were a shade of sun-yellow, and it made me smile.
The wall’s in my house were white or gray. Of course, it was the parsonage so most of the time it was painted that way to keep pastors and their families from having to paint.
I could see a bar curving into the galley style kitchen. The window shades were pulled up so the evening sun beamed into the room. Rhonda’s mom came walking out of her room, and, smiling, hugged Alex like she’d met him before.
Rhonda’s mom was beautiful. She was soft and round, an attractive curvy. Dark hair flowed down her shoulders in loose waves, cut to accentuate her high cheekbones, and she had dark eyes. Rhonda looked just like her mom except for the red hair and green eyes.
"Hi, Mrs. Wallace." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and smiled. "Thanks for allowing me to visit."
Warmth emanated from her as she gathered me into a hug. I couldn’t stop myself from melting into it.
"Call me Hannah and you are welcome anytime!" She smiled at me warmly. "Rhonda, why don’t you show Mackenzie where your room is? I’m sure Alex would like to ditch that kitchen sink he’s holding." She had a bubbly laugh.
I followed Rhonda down a hallway off of the living room. She pointed out a bathroom that was painted light blue and a bedroom that was her brother’s. He was an Army Ranger so it didn’t surprise me that it looked like Camp G.I. Joe, forest g...
... middle of paper ...
...iner around his eyes which made them look black.
"I’ve never danced before," I yelled back. I felt like an idiot on display for the world.
That information seemed to make him smile broader. "Awesome, fresh meat!" He started jumping up and down, pounding his fists in the air. When I just stood there he put his hand on my hips again and forced me to jump up and down.
I bounced on the balls of my feet awkwardly. My heart started pounding feeling the music, electric and thumping.
Right there, I made a decision to be free.
What if I only had tonight? Closing my eyes, I let myself move with the music. When I opened my eyes, my dance partner’s eyes seemed to shine. I threw my head back and laughed. That seemed to please him too, and he started dancing faster.
My dance partner leaned in and with his mouth against my ear. "My name is Holes by the way."
"Mac," I said back.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When to decide on building a dream House. After living in a large house we decide the moment in time had come to down size. For example our former house was way too big for just the two of us. We realized we no longer need 5 bedroom house. So we decide to begin a new journey start looking for right house. With great excitement we have begun looking thought all differ house plans that were available in our area. We were in shocked there were so countless plans out there to look at. There’s were so many decisions on what we think would be our dream house.... [tags: Rooms, Bedroom, House, Debut albums]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- When Harry pulled up to my house I was concerned for what would happen once I walked through those doors. I was surprised that my mother wasn’t already standing on the front porch ready to drag me inside by my ear. The worry of being yelled at by my mother as soon as we had pulled up had vanished and the silence of the house made me even more worried that what to come was going to be worse than I had anticipated. “Are you going to be alright from here?” Harry asked; I nodded my head although I wasn’t so sure whether I was going to live to see tomorrow after my mother was done with me.... [tags: Mother, English-language films, Sweetest Thing]
1375 words (3.9 pages)
- The haunted house The scariest house that I have ever been was right next to my aunt 's house when I was almost 10 years old. An old lady with her cat used to live there. One day the lights went off, and you couldn’t hear any noise or see anybody. It looked like she left the house alone but no one really knew her and it was also common to see the house a few days abandoned. But this time was different and worse; it looked like she passed away but everyone was afraid to ask. No one went to the house and the only move that you could see was her black cat which used to sleep in the porch right next to the door.... [tags: 2008 singles, English-language films]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Growing up is something that we all face in our lifetime. Our view of most everything has changed over our lifetime. Living in one house and moving to another can also skew your view of things as well. The first house that I ever lived in was sort of a town house style with neighbors that were real close. When I was three we moved to a new house a little farther down the road. My family and I went from living pretty close to “downtown” to out in the country, at that time. When I first saw the house I was amazed.... [tags: Mind, English-language films, Debut albums]
976 words (2.8 pages)
- The first house I lived in was with my grandparents it was small and…. but it was still home. There was not a day that the house was empty during the school year, four of my cousins would come and stay with us because there was better education here than where they lived in Austin. They were five to eight years older than me so I really couldn’t relate to most of the things they were doing however, there was one thing we all had in common. Our grandparents helped raise all of us to be good and honorable people.... [tags: High school, Family, College, Grandparent]
1150 words (3.3 pages)
- Rhonda’s house didn’t look much different from mine on the outside. The inside was a completely different matter. It was a rainbow of colors. When you walked in, you were standing in the living room and the windows on the back of the house, let you see all the way out into the back yard. The dining table was to the right and was situated in a turret of windows. Both rooms were a shade of sun-yellow, and it made me smile. The wall’s in my house were white or gray. Of course, it was the parsonage so most of the time it was painted that way to keep pastors and their families from having to paint.... [tags: 2007 singles, English-language films]
2157 words (6.2 pages)
- I remember when it all stated, I heard screaming and shouting all across the school. Elizabeth and I were casually studying for an exam that we had next period when there was sudden explosion from the science block and then a big grey cloud covered the school and suddenly all the teachers dropped to the floor unconsciously, Libby short for Elizabeth and I ran over to the librarian and checked her pulse there was nothing not one beat. We quickly ran outside and saw all the teachers on the floor most likely dead.... [tags: Debut albums, Want, 2002 albums, Sibling]
1139 words (3.3 pages)
- The Old House - Original Writing As I was approaching the house, the surroundings seemed to change. The air became misty all of a sudden. The weather became cold and when I looked towards the trees, it looked as if they were alive. I turned my concentration away from the trees, which had started to make me shiver, and continued my journey towards the house. Moving towards the gates that separated the house from the entire road that led to all the other houses, I noticed that almost all the plants that surrounded the entrance were ruined.... [tags: Papers]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- The Haunted House - Original Writing It was the Christmas holidays and beady eyes phased with curiosity were glazing over us. I felt as though everyone was staring at us, and we were now the central attention of our new, humble town, Gravesend. As our entire luggage was being unloaded, I noticed that everyone was glaring at us as if we did not belong here. I felt uncomfortable and insecure. The neighbourhood itself appeared rather pleasant and, on the road, children were playing with each over and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves.... [tags: Papers]
759 words (2.2 pages)
- The Haunted House - Original Writing "Oh man, where the hell is he. He was meant to be here by ten. He's bloody half an hour late," whined Marco, repeatedly looking at his watch. We (Marco, Tina and I) waited impatiently for Kurt in the dark and gloomy backstreet behind the park. It was damp and cold, with a mild wind blowing. We stood shivering. I was angry with Kurt for being late but I was at the same time scared, scared if he'd been caught. I knew Kurt; he was clever but this was dangerous business.... [tags: Papers]
3430 words (9.8 pages)