Here are some examples of online businesses
Online sales of goods: An Online Store that Warehouses products and sells them Online, or one that Drop Ships goods.
Digital Media and Software sales
Also, Online Services: Social sites, Advice, Information
Comparisons to running a brick-and-mortar business:
Is it easier or harder to run than a bricks-and-mortar business? It can be much easier, since you don’t have to maintain a fancy store front, and it can be done with fewer employees. However, it can be complicated to keep things organized. Often, employees work offsite, sometimes from home, and a lot of the work is outsourced from other vendors. It can be hard to maintain solid management with people who are not there, and can’t be dealt with face to face.
Is an e-business more or less expensive?
Internet business can be much cheaper. You can do it without building overhead costs. Even if you manufacture, warehouse, and sell real product, you don’t really need a nice store front, or a nice area for customers to browse through the products. Since customer traffic means nothing to an internet store, you can choose a cheaper location.
Your initial investment can be quite low if you decide to operate in your own home. You may not even need much additional storage space.
If you decide to sell digital media or drop-ship product, you might not need to invest in any additional space, other than a server and a file cabinet for...
... middle of paper ...
...et sharing, ethics: "Information wants to be free." http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Not-Gadget-Manifesto/dp/0307269647/ref=pe_37960_14274280_as_img_4/
24 Berkeley Tech. L.J. 491 (2009)
Safe Harbor for Trademark: Reevaluating Secondary Trademark Liability after Tiffany v. eBay, A; Levin, Elizabeth K. http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPage?collection=journals&handle=hein.journals/berktech24&div=22&id=&page=
Copyright (c) 2009 Regents of the University of California
Berkeley Technology Law Journal 2009 24 Berkeley Tech. L.J. 491
Trademark: Note: A Safe Har bor for Trademark: Reevaluating Secondary Trademark Liability After Tiffany v. eBay
By Elizabeth K. Levin
eBay Lawsuit Aimed at Antitrust, Unfair Competition Laws, by John Larouche http://seekingalpha.com/article/68994-ebay-lawsuit-aimed-at-antitrust-unfair-competition-laws
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My writing assignment will be about running an e-business. I am focusing on the following two types of businesses: Online Sales of Goods, and Digital Media and Software. My intent is to show that an e–business is easier and cheaper to run than a brick-and-mortar business, but needs a lot of legal expertise. Here are some examples of online businesses Online sales of goods: An Online Store that Warehouses products and sells them Online, or one that Drop Ships goods. Digital Media and Software sales Also, Online Services: Social sites, Advice, Information Comparisons to running a brick-and-mortar business: Is it easier or harder to run than a bricks-and-mortar business.... [tags: Business Management]
1713 words (4.9 pages)
- ... The Perfect Pizzeria system is devised so that food and beverage costs and profits are computed. According to a percentage. If the percentage of food unsold or damaged in any way is very low, the manager gets a bonus. If the percentage is high, the manager does not receive a bonus; rather, he or she receives only his or her normal salary. There are many ways in which the percentage can fluctuate. Since the manager cannot be in the store twenty -four hours a day, some employees make up for their smaller paychecks by helping themselves to the food.... [tags: Employment, Management, Communication, Pizza]
953 words (2.7 pages)
- ICT Role inj Running a Business This report will focus and show how St Georges use ICT as a hole and how the separate departments use it and what would be done without ICT. St Georges is an established vet with a long history. St Georges was first established by Major Frank Chambers in around 1920, and, as common with older veterinary clinics, the site where St Georges is located was originally a blacksmiths. Because in those days pets were rare, most of the work was carried out wit horses and farm animals, and as machinery took the place of the work horses did, most of the work was carried out with farm animals.... [tags: Papers]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
Ethics And Business Management : A Case Of Running Business Without Negative Effect On The Immediate Environment
- Ethics in business Ethics in business surround the dynamics of running business without negative effect on the immediate environment (internal and external). The management should always observe limits when dealing with their working environment and steer clear of any obstacles in the situations arising with time. Any handling of the dynamics of business will rely heavily on the ability of management to identify issues before maturity, and making attempts to eliminate threat to the business using acceptable means.... [tags: Management, Business ethics, Decision making]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- The Running and Functions of a Business For my business studies coursework we had to set up our own mini enterprise within the school boundaries. The coursework describes how a group of 14 girls from Chily High School for Girls got into small groups of about 14 pupils and set up their own business. The aim of the coursework was to help us understand how a business is run and how it functions. In order to raise capital for our business every member of the group contributed a small amount of money every week.... [tags: Papers]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Running Soles Athletic Company Running Soles Athletic Company Running Soles Athletic Company was founded in 2014 with the avid runners in mind. We are dedicated to ensuring that we provide the correct equipment for the most avid runners in our community. We want to excel in our customer service, provide quality products, and continue to provide a forum for runners to help runners. We strive to be leaders in our community, give back when ever possible, and provide a safe place for runners to come together and run as part of a team.... [tags: business analysis]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Adrian is currently running Gunner Pass with no other employees. So he does not need to use ICT to communicate between departments. Gunner Pass. 2 Describe the type of work done in functional areas of Gunner Pass. 2 Describe how ICT is used within these functional areas of Gunner Pass. 3 Explain how the functional areas help to achieve the aims of Gunner Pass. 3 Explain how ICT helps Gunner Pass work together 4 Analyse how effectively the functional areas work together to achieve the aims of Gunner Pass 4 Suggest how and possible improvements or developments in ICT might help the functional areas work together more effectively.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
3989 words (11.4 pages)
- Northcentral's Mission Statement, Vision, and Values statement conveys that the institution and all of its personnel are committed to facilitating the learner's success in business, as well as, out in the world. Northcentral is an opportunity to gain enlightenment and wisdom. The professors are trained in their personal careers and deliver their knowledge to the learners. It is also a learning experience for the professors as they learn from their students. The University as a whole facilitates learning by giving all the tools necessary to be successful, however, the students must do their part, too.... [tags: Business Ethics ]
970 words (2.8 pages)
- The Moral Compass essay Ethics relates to given principles that govern behavior and conduct of a human being. Business ethics on the other hand is the code of a conduct that a company or an organization abides to in the day to day operations with the public (Conjecture Corporation, 2011). Making profits and high volume sales should not be the only goal of a business, a good reputation to the public is also very important for the survival of a company. This has led to companies formulating their code of ethics for employees to adapt.... [tags: Ethics, Business, Leadership]
3437 words (9.8 pages)
- Introduction Far Horizon's owner is contemplating revising the way the business is structured. Currently the business is structure as a Sole Proprietor. Several alternate business structures may provide additional benefits for Far Horizon. One of Far Horizon's goals is to raise additional capital. The potential investors have required a forty-nine percent ownership of the business. In order for the current owner of Far Horizon to retain operating control of the business and to raise capital, four types of business organization merit investigation.... [tags: Business analysis]
928 words (2.7 pages)